It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here’s What a Man Who Studied Every Suicide Attack in the World Says About ISIS’ Motives

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

because i can think for myself

i dont need to use the argument of authority
edit on 13-12-2015 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
OK. This attitude ends now or posting bans will be applied.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

That's exactly what this article is about.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

It's not about argument of authority, it's about learning. You can still think for yourself after learning what these experts have to say.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113
a reply to: mOjOm

thats what i said in my first post

Right. I think that is correct. I think that is what this guy is saying. Religion alone isn't typically the reason behind terrorism, politics is what motivates it. Religion is a part of it though in that it help recruit and help terrorists rationalize what it is they are doing.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

How do the experts explain that out of the 4600 suicide bombings, zero have occurred here in the US, which is supposed to be one of the main targets of terrorism? What has kept some sleeper cell from walking into Walmart on Black Friday and blowing up a couple hundred "infidels"? Seems like that would be easy, yet, never happens.

I'm of the opinion that terrorism is largely a hoax devised for oppressive political use.

No, I didn't read the article.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

am i allowed to disagree?

all ive said is that islam justified terrorism, not that it is the goal of terrorists.

terrorists do use terrorism for geo political reasons

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

terrorism is done for a purpose, i agree, but islam justifies it.

What you say is just not true.

A small sect (Wahhabism from the 18th centuy) has within it another sect of that sect in Islam that is doing this.

Islam DOES NOT justify murder or suicide.
ALL the terrorists are from that sect

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

are you saying the quran doesnt say to kill infidels? muslims that choose not to follow that path of extremism is good.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Intuitively we know some of these people are just committing suicide and hoping for the best.

The real scoundrels here are the Wahhabi imams who have turned brainwashed these young people that their religion justifies murder and suicide

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Really, zero attacks have occurred here in the US? Really?! Do you also believe zero attacks have occurred against teh US on foreign soil as well?

Didn't read the article? How come?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

You're allowed to come to any conclusion you like, might beef is that you would dismiss what the studies have shown.

I agree, terrorism is a tool for geopolitical reasons and so do the studies.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Another example to use would be the recent PP shooting. The guy was a Christian that shot up PP. He was a horrible Christian in his actions and lifestyle but a Christian all the same.

But that isn't what motivated his shooting. It was Abortion and PP which is largely a political matter as well as a possible religious one.

In that case I think it was his Radical Political Ideas and frustration with the politics behind abortion that made him snap. Whereas his religion was how he justifies to himself what he's about to do. He believes that God is ok with it or that he approves. So he's rationalizing murder to himself by giving himself permission from a higher authority that it's ok.

Having one or the other alone may not be enough but both ideologies working together make for a possible terrorist.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

i do agree with the studies, i just think they are incomplete. my point is that if islamic extremism wasn't a factor, less people would be willing to blow themselves up.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

im talking about islamic terrorism. jihad and martyrdom justifies terrorism. the article sounds more like opinion, which is fine.

You people are conned to the eyeballs by so much disinformation from media and internet its sickening. Jesus walking through the desert was a jihad, its a spiritual struggle against sin. Rather than listen to sites that have NO IDEA what they talking about perhaps you should visit a Islamic site and learn from people that do.

WHAT JIHAD IS

The Arabic word "jihad" is often translated as "holy war," but in a purely linguistic sense, the word " jihad" means struggling or striving. The arabic word for war is: "al-harb".
In a religious sense, as described by the Quran and teachings of the Prophet Muhammad (s), "jihad" has many meanings. It can refer to internal as well as external efforts to be a good Muslims or believer, as well as working to inform people about the faith of Islam.
If military jihad is required to protect the faith against others, it can be performed using anything from legal, diplomatic and economic to political means. If there is no peaceful alternative, Islam also allows the use of force, but there are strict rules of engagement. Innocents - such as women, children, or invalids - must never be harmed, and any peaceful overtures from the enemy must be accepted.
Military action is therefore only one means of jihad, and is very rare. To highlight this point, the Prophet Mohammed told his followers returning from a military campaign: "This day we have returned from the minor jihad to the major jihad," which he said meant returning from armed battle to the peaceful battle for self-control and betterment.
In case military action appears necessary, not everyone can declare jihad. The religious military campaign has to be declared by a proper authority, advised by scholars, who say the religion and people are under threat and violence is imperative to defend them. The concept of "just war" is very important.
The concept of jihad has been hijacked by many political and religious groups over the ages in a bid to justify various forms of violence. In most cases, Islamic splinter groups invoked jihad to fight against the established Islamic order. Scholars say this misuse of jihad contradicts Islam.
Examples of sanctioned military jihad include the Muslims' defensive battles against the Crusaders in medieval times, and before that some responses by Muslims against Byzantine and Persian attacks during the period of the early Islamic conquests.

WHAT JIHAD IS NOT

Jihad is not a violent concept.
Jihad is not a declaration of war against other religions. It is worth noting that the Koran specifically refers to Jews and Christians as "people of the book" who should be protected and respected. All three faiths worship the same God. Allah is just the Arabic word for God, and is used by Christian Arabs as well as Muslims.
Military action in the name of Islam has not been common in the history of Islam. Scholars says most calls for violent jihad are not sanctioned by Islam. Warfare in the name of God is not unique to Islam. Other faiths throughout the world have waged wars with religious justifications

link

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

How about you listen to what experts who have actually studied terrorism since the 80s have to say? What's so hard about that?
they are wrong though islam has no distinction between theology and politics. if is a fusion of the two and mohammed made it that way on purpose. he observed how christianity was reorganizing the world around him and at large and from his point of view (not totally without justification) subordinating men and nations to the power of clerics which could be him. The man himself was a bandit, a murderer and many other things- hence all he saw was a way into personal power. these men probably unable to understand any religion let alone islam cannot see the real motivation behind islamic terrorism.
edit on 13-12-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

It isn't saying it's not a factor, in fact its one of the main tools used for recruitment and justify suicide bombings. The article also goes on to say suicide bombings are in decline because it's proving difficult to find Muslims to kill themselves. So in response, ISIS has taken the geopolitical road and attacked Paris in hopes that the French citizens will target Muslims n France increasing the hate and making recruitment easier. Attacks on Muslims is on the rise here in the US so their plan is working. The feed on fear, ignorance, and blind hate to fill their ranks.

Terrorists want people to hate all Muslims because it suits their needs and that's why Trump is such a disgrace for wanting to ban all Muslims. With rhetoric like that he's only helping ISIS and creating future attacks.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

well im glad to hear more muslims are choosing to redefine and reform their philosophy. the idea that it is okay to kill infidels is very real, although apparently not very popular, its the small community (extremists) that is a threat.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

yea i do believe islam can be peaceful if some of it's extreme doctrines are discouraged. is it going to be easy reforming islam? i dont know but i hope so

bleh i could have written that better. islam can be peaceful and the extreme doctrines should be discouraged

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

How do the experts explain that out of the 4600 suicide bombings, zero have occurred here in the US, which is supposed to be one of the main targets of terrorism? What has kept some sleeper cell from walking into Walmart on Black Friday and blowing up a couple hundred "infidels"? Seems like that would be easy, yet, never happens.

I'm of the opinion that terrorism is largely a hoax devised for oppressive political use.

No, I didn't read the article.

9/11 would be considered the biggest suicide attack ever , and that happened on us soil .

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join