It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here’s What a Man Who Studied Every Suicide Attack in the World Says About ISIS’ Motives

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113
a reply to: Willtell

are you saying the quran doesnt say to kill infidels? muslims that choose not to follow that path of extremism is good.

Absolutely I’m saying this.

Those versus referring to kill people are talking about the people 1400 years ago who were trying to kill Muslims when they were weak.

These versus ONLY reflect the command from the Angel Gabriel giving, FINALLY, the permission to fight back.

These Wahhabi liars and distorters use these versus way out of context.

Just use your brain.

Muslim civilizations in Moorish Spain and Ottoman Turkey worked closely with Jews and Christians in their empires

While Christian states such as Spain persecuted them---in the inquisition

Muhammad gave a famous command to the Muslims 1400 years ago that said this:

"In 628 C.E. Prophet Muhammad (s) granted a Charter of Privileges to the monks of St. Catherine Monastery in Mt. Sinai. It consisted of several clauses covering all aspects of human rights including such topics as the protection of Christians, freedom of worship and movement, freedom to appoint their own judges and to own and maintain their property, exemption from military service, and the right to protection in war.

www.cyberistan.org...

Muhammad's words:

"This is a message from Muhammad ibn Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them.
Verily I, the servants, the helpers, and my followers defend them, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them.
No compulsion is to be on them.
Neither are their judges to be removed from their jobs nor their monks from their monasteries.
No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims' houses.
Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God's covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate.
No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight.
The Muslims are to fight for them.
If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, it is not to take place without her approval. She is not to be prevented from visiting her church to pray.
Their churches are to be respected. They are neither to be prevented from repairing them nor the sacredness of their covenants.
No one of the nation (Muslims) is to disobey the covenant till the Last Day (end of the world)."

If these Muslims loved and respected non Muslims in recorded known history hat are these mode day fool doing?

The Wahhabi cult out of Arabia came forth in the 18t century with a invented dogma against the then practice of Islam tolerating other faiths.

Millions of Muslims denounce this misguided Wahhabism

edit on 13-12-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

It's an old form of brainwashing the weak and ignorant in poor counties by militants who work for the corrupt governments.

Educated men and women are much harder to brainwash than ignorant people.

I agree with your post and have always thought terrorism was politically motivated and not pushed by Religion.

Religion is used as a propaganda tool by the world mainstream media to fool the world about terrorist attacks around the world, which is to push fear on their media viewers.

I believe the CIA are behind most training, and western governments along with the Saudis help with the funding and shipping of weapons around the world.

I have always said turn off your TV mainstream media, it is all propaganda and the truth is the last thing these corporations want out.

edit on 13-12-2015 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

a reply to: glend

well im glad to hear more muslims are choosing to redefine and reform their philosophy. the idea that it is okay to kill infidels is very real, although apparently not very popular, its the small community (extremists) that is a threat.

They have not reformed their philosophy at all. If you look for information to support your fears you will find 1000's of sites willing to turn you into a racist. But if you instead tried to understand the religion you would find 1000's of sites willing to share their philosophy.

Perhaps this video will give you a taste at how forgiving some Muslims can be even when brought to the brink of hell. Do you think most westerners would be as forgiving. I think not.

edit on 13-12-2015 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

is the Quran the perfect word of god or not? are the texts timeless or not?

if not, well then bravo.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy
a reply to: nullafides

Wtf sort of answers are you giving ? are you announcing Pro-Terrorism ?

That's quite the leap you're making there.

What I was attempting to say, before the mods decided to censor me, was that just because one person studied "every single act of terrorism since 1980" that does not necessarily make that person an expert.

What, exactly, was this person's criteria for determining whether or not something was an act of terrorism, and therefore was something they should "study"? How, exactly, were they aware of ALL "terrorist" acts since 1980?

Sometimes, a cigar is a cigar. And sometimes, people do REALLY asinine things in the name of religion.

The OP here is asking us to take this "experts" assertions that the igniting factor behind "acts of terrorism" are never religion, and always based on politics.

But, I'm going to say it. The membrane that separates politics and religion is not only hair thin, but a rather permeable one at that.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Honestly? There's no need to intellectualize something so simple -

These "people" enjoy killing. Period.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Of course all Wahhabis don’t do this, thank God. But their sectarian and false interpretation of the Quran does breed disrespect and hatred of other faiths even within Islam.

But ALL the known terrorists are ex Wahhabis who have gone over to this violent unjust, un-Islamic murder jihad.

And this has painted all of Islam in a horrible light.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: intrptr

Obviously, and then they wouldn't need religion to convince people to kill themselves.

Actually, if you watch the video I brought of the interview with the Mum Bai survivor, he states pretty clearly throughout out he was promised money for his family, he is asked about Jihad and his reply "What Jihad" is pretty telling.

The whole operation was conducted by handlers in Pakistan, there guys were guided the whole time by radio, not being told ahead of time what they were going to do or where, blindfolded even.

They were young, poor and looking for a way to make money when they were recruited, not to become Holy warriors for Jihad.

The narrative about Islamic (religious) extremism is a narrative promoted in the west by the western main stream media.

Do watch the interview video. If you have the time, watch the HBO special on the Mum Bai attack.

edit on 13-12-2015 by intrptr because: change

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I'm going to take a massively politically incorrect stance here but I don't buy the whole "Extremist" tie to terrorism. I don't believe in moderate and extreme Islam. I think Islam is Islam. I don't hold all Muslims accountable for the acts of the terrorists, just the individuals who perpetrate the crimes.
When the global Muslim community starts to take a stance against the terrorist actions by publicly and loudly denouncing them, by publically and loudly admitting that these acts of Jihad go against the teachings of the Koran, when the Imams in mosques start dealing with "radical" or unusual behaviour then I might start to accept the moderate and extreme divisions.
I believe their faith is their politics, just as it governs their Sharia law.
The young woman in Paris who detonated her explosive vest was said to be very " Westernized" in her behaviour and appearance up until a month before the attacks. She was not a devout Muslim, and her brother and friends said that she didn't know or follow the Koran. It wasn't her "extreme beliefs" of her faith that drove her, it was the politics.
Until we accept that it's not their religeon that's driving them, we'll never defeat them.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

so anyone willing to blow themselves up and their enemies, for the reward of paradise are wrong? i would hope so, but to say those people dont exist and that they dont justify themselves with scripture is obviously wrong.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

is the Quran the perfect word of god or not? are the texts timeless or not?

if not, well then bravo.

God's not stupid

The Quran itself answers this question

He is the one who sent upon you the book: some of its verses are clear (muhkamât)—these are the basis of the Book, while others are allegorical (mutashâbihât). “As for those in whose hearts is perversity, they follow the allegorical verses, seeking to mislead and seeking to give (their own) interpretation. None know their (i.e., allegorical verses') interpretation except Allah and those who are firmly rooted in knowledge…” (3:7

My commentary

Allegorical means that some versus may be symbolic, such as metaphorical or allegories and some based on the era of the book or perspectival...And some versus are basic: don't kill each other, don't steal, don't fornicate... etc

The versus that are subject to different interpretations often is a way to mischief the verse is saying. And people with evil intent in their heart will distort allegorical and perspectval( time centered) versus for their own selfish ends---such as modern day terrorists

Like telling the Muslims 1400 years ago they can fight and kill those who have been trying to kill them.

Wahhabis, ignorantly claim therefore they can kill disbelievers for all time, an absurd notion.

edit on 13-12-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

He maybe right to a point, but when it comes to terrorism base on religious ideologies like ISIS and Islam, is nothing more than fanatics in this time in our modern society fanatics had high jacked Islam for their own nefarious reasons and those fanatics are controlling in way of intimidation, murder and coercion an entire population of human beings.

What you fail to see is that people that wants to worship Islam peacefully are not allowed to do so by the fanatic elements within their population, wherever they go.

Every where the silent majority goes looking to find a way to stay away from the fanatics if they do not renounce to the hold of the coercion the controlling elements will follow them every where they go to settle, causing more problems to the countries where the peaceful majority are migrating looking for better way to live turning the new established communities into centers of radicalism.

When you move large portions of population into another areas that have no problem with Islam you are bringing radicals that already exist within the groups of people that are moving from countries of birth to other countries, spreading the diseases that fanatics brings with them.

This not about bigotry is about facts the facts that nobody wants to face because the fear of been labeled intolerant and fanatics love that because it works for them.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143
Honestly? There's no need to intellectualize something so simple -

These "people" enjoy killing. Period.

No, that's just wrong. I agree that complicating things is a bad idea but simplifying them to the point of being absurd isn't going to help either.

They aren't doing this because they are hyper active sadists.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

And you know this.....

How?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

The 72 virgins etc is western propaganda, the Koran strictly forbids killing innocent people.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

so anyone willing to blow themselves up and their enemies, for the reward of paradise are wrong? i would hope so, but to say those people don't exist and that they don't justify themselves with scripture is obviously wrong.

You're caught up in the media narrative that tells you this. Like recruits anywhere, young ignorant minds are manipulated into some ideology. The reward of heaven is intangible, money for their poor relations a much more powerful motivator. If they kill themselves.

How hard do you think it wold be to find some young men who's only prospect is to watch their family slowly starve to death in impoverished circumstances? How many poor countries are there?

What better environment to recruit from than poor countries where people throng to churches to pray and get 'help'?

It has little to do with religion, more to do with brainwashing and indoctrination posing as religion and money for their kin.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

well its not my fault the scripture is so vague that it can be interpreted, and is interpreted in a bad way.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

you can believe what you want but unless you can prove that jihad and martyrdom DOESN'T justify terrorism, there's no point arguing.

Islam PROHIBITS suicide.

Now, you justify that.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
a reply to: mOjOm

And you know this.....

How?

Seriously???

Well for starters they have specific targets, enemies, allies and most of all reasons for why and who they are killing which isn't based simply in the fact that they like to kill stuff. If they were just Killing because they like it so much they'd be killing whoever they have access to simply to enjoy it. The fact that they have some sort of goals in mind and ideology behind why they are doing what they are doing means that it's not just killing for enjoyment.

Killing for enjoyment is a serial killer mentality. They do it for their own pleasure and without all the attention being made on a political platform.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

"It has little to do with religion, more to do with brainwashing and indoctrination posing as religion and money for their kin."

i mean if you say extremists aren't real muslims, they would disagree with you. the only way to tell if a religion is true is if its peaceful? should i disregard what the texts actually say and interpret them in X way?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join