It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arab Nations Offer to Conduct Airstrikes Against ISIS, U.S. Official Says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

PARIS — Several Arab countries have offered to carry out airstrikes against militants from the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, a senior State Department official said Sunday.

The offer was disclosed by American officials traveling with Secretary of State John Kerry, who is approaching the end of a weeklong trip that was intended to mobilize international support for the campaign against ISIS.

More good news that nations in Middle East will help against the fight with ISIS. Which Arab nations are gonna join in the fight? I dunno..

The State Department officials, who asked not to be identified under the agency’s protocol for briefing reporters, did not say which Arab nations had offered to carry out airstrikes, and there are also other ways Arab nations could participate in an air campaign against ISIS without dropping bombs, such as flying arms to Baghdad or Erbil in the Kurdistan region, conducting reconnaissance flights or providing logistical support and refueling. The officials said the Arab offers were under discussion.

We know Iran is already in the fight and training Shiite's in Iraq to combat ISIS. Egypt is a close ally and has already been air striking terrorists in Libya. Saudi Arabia? Do they even have an airforce? Don't they support terrorists? Who cares, cheap oil!

Which Arab nation do you think is going to take up arms against ISIS?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

According to the Main stream media, all of them. Every single "Arab" is going to help us invade another country.

Haven't you heard? Even God is on our side.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I don't watch TV and if I did I would never watch the MSM.

Praise Allah!

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
www.nytimes.com...

PARIS — Several Arab countries have offered to carry out airstrikes against militants from the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, a senior State Department official said Sunday.

The offer was disclosed by American officials traveling with Secretary of State John Kerry, who is approaching the end of a weeklong trip that was intended to mobilize international support for the campaign against ISIS.

More good news that nations in Middle East will help against the fight with ISIS. Which Arab nations are gonna join in the fight? I dunno..

The State Department officials, who asked not to be identified under the agency’s protocol for briefing reporters, did not say which Arab nations had offered to carry out airstrikes, and there are also other ways Arab nations could participate in an air campaign against ISIS without dropping bombs, such as flying arms to Baghdad or Erbil in the Kurdistan region, conducting reconnaissance flights or providing logistical support and refueling. The officials said the Arab offers were under discussion.

We know Iran is already in the fight and training Shiite's in Iraq to combat ISIS. Egypt is a close ally and has already been air striking terrorists in Libya. Saudi Arabia? Do they even have an airforce? Don't they support terrorists? Who cares, cheap oil!

Saudi Arabia most definitely has a capable air force.

RSAF

Thing is, SA is Sunni, Iran is Shi'ite. If Iran is already involved with fighting ISIS, and SA does not join, that could be a clear indicator that they are in fact the ones supplying and arming ISIS. That said. I remember about a month ago that SA beefed up their border with thousands of troops.

I'm sure its all smoke in mirrors no matter how you slice it though.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
They can bomb in Iraq however much they want. In Syria it is Assad who should bomb ISIS alone so that there are no "mistakes" carried out by Saudi Arabia and US to bring Assad down for that gas pipeline.

This piece is selling the intervention against Assad. Fits the create the problem to get the solution you want. If you cannot fool people one way try another story to fool them.
edit on 14-9-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

That's where it get complicated and fits in the problem, reaction, solution method. The USA wants to bomb ISIL in Syria, how convenient huh? I'm sure Assad will just be thrilled... Assad has been bombing ISIL since day 1 of his civil war.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The hands pulling the puppet strings seem to become more inept and transparent to all by the week.
The entire world should be wised up by next year if they keep trying to peddle such stupid lies and deceptions...
I think they have come to the point where inbreeding, and insanity have dominated their little circle.....
Just like the European nobility.....we will soon see them abolished should they not wise up....

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

air striking terrorists in Libya. Saudi Arabia? Do they even have an airforce? Don't they support terrorists? Who cares, cheap oil!

They have one of the worlds biggest military budgets. In the top 10 I think.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

a reply to: LittleByLittle

That's where it get complicated and fits in the problem, reaction, solution method. The USA wants to bomb ISIL in Syria, how convenient huh? I'm sure Assad will just be thrilled... Assad has been bombing ISIL since day 1 of his civil war.

Assad had a ceasefire with ISIS. Only once they had joinly beat the FSA down did ISIS attack Assads forces. This is why many people like the Kurds even accused Assad of supporting ISIS because Assads group was the only one not figthing ISIS.

As for airstrikes the UAE and Saudis have capable airforces although I doubt any of this will be in the public eye. The Arab states, like Turlkey and Israel like to keep thier roles in this all very low profile.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

I have never heard of that, and it doesn't even make sense. Why would ISIS support a ceasefire? I have read reports of ISIS having cease fires with the so called moderate FSA rebels. So please link a source cause the only search that I come up with are the FSA/ISIL cease fires.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
There are a few possibilities in my opinion, but I think Saudi Arabia will turn out to be the country. I am still on the fence about them and ISIS in general, but I think it is likely that at least some ISIS funding is coming from Saudi Arabia. I don't have many doubts about that. Perhaps they want to deflect such involvement by offering to help. Something else I had been thinking was that they don't want ISIS coming at them, which they are much more likely to do if Saudi Arabia offers their help to the US. Although ISIS not in a militarily viable position to do anything big in Saudi Arabia at the moment. But it also depends on where the funding from Saudi Arabia would be coming from. The government itself? Individuals within the royal family or others connected with the government? I wouldn't doubt it one bit, but I don't think there would be unanimous support among the ruling class of that nation. I feel it is likely a small contingent or individuals. And then there is the likelihood of "roundabout" funding, meaning the Saudis are funding organizations that in turn fund ISIS. That is likely the main way they're doing it, but I don't really know.

This is not my area of expertise at all. I am more interested in the military aspects themselves, and funding is too political for me to have a great interest. Politics is confusing, while war is simple. Well, a traditional war anyway, lol. These insurgencies are a pain simply because it is difficult to identify all the players and their motives. Like you said, we know where Iran stands, but I find it hard to believe that Iran would offer any help to the US. But perhaps it is not so far-fetched considering the idea that the enemy of my enemy is my friend. At least for the time being. We know it is not Turkey. I don't see why Israel is not doing anything either. This seems right up their alley. Flex your military muscles and kill Arabs? That is called a party in Israel. Someone set up the lawn chairs.

We know Syria is did not authorize the US to conduct airstrikes in their country, although they made it sound like if the US coordinated with them they might be on board. But they likely have no assets to spare in Iraq, but would rather focus on their own territory. So even though killing members of ISIS would help them, no matter where they do the killing, I feel Syria will not help in Iraq. They will let other nations do that while they focus on expelling ISIS from their borders. While at the same time dealing with who knows how many other militant factions that exist there. Again, so complicated. I cannot help but keep something in the back of my mind...The whole Sunni-Shia fight. Enlist the help of one to fight the other, then vice-versa. You take out the Sunni group ISIS with the help of Shiites, and then some Shiite group forms, and the cycle continues. But ISIS makes other groups look like a PG-13 movie to a certain extent. I agree that ISIS needs to go, mainly because of their successes in the region, but I do not think it will end with ISIS.
edit on 9/14/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I hope they blast ISIS off the earth. Just save some for us. Well not like that would be a problem, if arab countries had the ability to defeat ISIS we wouldn't be in this situation with constant beheadings every week.

new topics

top topics

join