It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Community rallies behind 6-year-old transgender girl

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: Freija

The teacher that read that story to those innocent 6 year old kids should be fired and fined and spend a bit in jail for exposing their innocent minds to such an atrocity. As should the parents of the dude in the story. This is sick.

Your stating a teacher read this is incorrect and indicates you did nothing more than skim then come post your gnarly opinion.

As a man and a human being, your referring to a small child as an atrocity is disgusting and repugnant.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

No, but a slap to the mouth for thinking they wanna be something other than what they were born as will straighten them up.

This is a joke, right?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: pompel9

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: 123143
One must question the wisdom of permitting a child to decide its future at so young an age.

At 6 years old, no surgery is performed, no irreversible drugs are taken, so I'm not sure what you are talking about. How about the wisdom of keeping a child from being suicidal? Does that work for ya?

The OP says the child has transitioned (as in surgery). Is the OP false?

Surgery?! Are you serious?

I think that's the major disconnect and confusion here. It seems many of you think that trans kids are getting surgeries and hormones at six. Is that what is going on here? People are actually thinking this?

A transgender child gets nothing but counseling and therapy. When they are in puberty, they take a blocker which does nothing but delay their puberty (again, nothing permanent). When a bit older, they may start taking the corresponding hormone if their physicians determine that this is truly the issue. An actual surgery does not happen until much later, if at all.

I wonder how much of this outrage is because of this misunderstanding.

So the OP is misleading, and the child has not gone trough surgery?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

One must question the wisdom of permitting a child to decide its future at so young an age.

At 6 years old, no surgery is performed, no irreversible drugs are taken, so I'm not sure what you are talking about. How about the wisdom of keeping a child from being suicidal? Does that work for ya?

I think that's the major disconnect and confusion here. It seems many of you think that trans kids are getting surgeries and hormones at six. Is that what is going on here? People are actually thinking this?

A transgender child gets nothing but counseling and therapy. When they are in puberty, they take a blocker which does nothing but delay their puberty (again, nothing permanent). When a bit older, they may start taking the corresponding hormone if their physicians determine that this is truly the issue. An actual surgery does not happen until much later, if at all.

No. What is it about the OP states that she went through a surgery?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

Homosexuality has nothing to do with it because "Sexual Orientation" and "Gender-Identity" are completely different and separate. maybe it fits the Narrative of Same Sex parents being bad Influences on children and trying to "Turn Them" but it has nothing to do with authentic Gender-Identity

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
Then you have missed a lot of trans news stories.

I can think of several cases discussed recently on ATS which involve young children declaring they were born the 'wrong gender.' In two or three of those cases, the parents were more than accepting of the child's gender confusion and admitted to encouraging it. Incidentally, at least one set of aforementioned parents was homosexual.

I can guarantee I don't miss many.

What you don't hear about is the sometimes years long struggles battling with this issue, the medical visits and the stress and strife a parent goes through before reaching this point of acceptance and encouragement. Once a child has reached transition, I would hope to hell by then the parents would be supportive an accepting. This can destroy marriages and tear lives and families apart. There are some pretty poignant and gut wrenching posts here from the parents of one such child and the trials and tribulations they faced coming to accept their own child.

What you'll find if you look around are more instances where parents are not supportive or accepting and abandon or disown and reject their children. This is why so many trans youth end up homeless and doing survival sex work. If a kid is destined and determined to transition and the parents don't get with the program, they're going to end up with a dead or homeless child.

Some parents are capable of loving their children no matter what and unconditionally. Would a child, even one with transgender problems grow up healthier and happier with parental acceptance and support or without? If you had a trans child that could not live without transitioning, what kind of parent would you be?
edit on 12/7/2015 by Freija because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

The teacher that read that story to those innocent 6 year old kids should be fired and fined and spend a bit in jail for exposing their innocent minds to such an atrocity. As should the parents of the dude in the story. This is sick.

I'm PRETTTTY sure there is a 1st Amendment violation in there somewhere...

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

I know what you are talking about, that's why precautions are made.

Do you REALLY think it will be the end of the world for a child if it wears a dress for a few years, decides that he was really a he after all and then goes back to not wearing dresses?

I'm just protective about children, and I think a lot of these parents are too INVOLVED and PC about it, they could end up damaging their kids. These things have consequences into adulthood which could spiral out if the kid was in a PHASE and the parent was WRONG.

"Doing it for the children". My pet peeve.

I think most of us spend our lives undoing what well meaning parents did to us --- trying to make us be or fit into their perception if what is good for us.

Imagine a parent actually letting you be who you are.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

The child that was once known as a boy, had a boys haircut and wore boys clothes "transitioned" to being a girl with a girls name, girls clothes and if it hasn't grown out already a girls haircut. This child will be raised as a girl, socialized as a girl and probably do girl things and have girls for friends.

That's it.

If John's life is happier and more satisfactory as Jane and her feelings haven't changed, prior to starting puberty at 11 or so maybe, Jane can be put on medication that will prevent her body from undergoing the changes that come with male puberty such as facial hair, deep voice and musculature which would cause any girl a great huge mad ball of emotional and psychological stress as you could imagine. This also buys a child up to a couple of years to mature more emotionally and for the families and medical professionals to continue their evaluation and counseling.

If for some reason that Jane at 14 or 15 decides she really would be better off and happier as a boy, which very rarely if ever happens at this stage, the puberty blocking drugs can be discontinued and her body will proceed with normal male puberty and she will socially transition back to being John. That's kind of the simplified version.

If at 14 or 15, there's no way in hell Jane would ever want to be a boy, she's probably going to be strongly wanting to develop the female physical characteristics of her friends and peers that already have a head start on her. She will begin hormone treatments with estrogen to develop the normal female secondary sex attributes all the while under the care of knowledgeable medical professionals. Normally at 18 and occasionally a year or so earlier depending on circumstances, Jane will undergo SRS enabling her to sexually function as a female and proceed to live a normal life as a regular woman.

That's basically how it works for these kids. That doesn't help you to understand the why of it all but should give you a better understanding of the hows.

So no actual transitions has occurred. Would be nice if you could edit your OP to reflect that.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Did you notice this sentence in the OP:

Mount Horeb, WI -- Mount Horeb Primary Center, a public elementary school where a 6-year-old student had just transitioned from a boy to a girl.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Seriously friend, try reading. I responded extensively to you on page 7 when you asked this question the first time.

"Transition" DOES NOT mean or equal surgery. Nothing is misleading but you certainly seem a little bit off in your understanding of a few things. As has been shown, if you don't understand something it will be explained but you have to meet us halfway by at least knowing what you're talking about a little.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Did you notice this sentence in the OP:

Mount Horeb, WI -- Mount Horeb Primary Center, a public elementary school where a 6-year-old student had just transitioned from a boy to a girl.

What part of "transitioned" makes you think surgery? At that age since there aren't any secondary sex characteristics on the body, it is easy to pass off as the opposite gender. Transitioning is as easy as changing clothes in this regard.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yea I can't think of a single GOOD political idea that has been successfully defended by saying "think of the children!" Well outside of child rape that is.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Have to say at six years of age i disagree as to any child even being aware of what there gender or any other gender for that matter really constitutes.

I say let the little ones reach a suitable age where they can fully understand the implications of there own actions before performing or implementing such measures.

Just to add, im not for or against transgender people, i just think where children are concerned it a very controversial issue.
edit on 7-12-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Next thing to come, babies becoming transgender hours from birth, the danger of transgender thinking in America to become an epidemic to be use by unhappy parent when the sex of their child is not what the want.

This whole idiotic trend needs to be stopped before it guess out of hands and the lives of children are altered of ever.

This is the kind of weird crap you used to find in those creepy Stephen King flicks from the 80's, or Sleepaway Camp where the chick killing everyone at the girl's camp ended up being a dude. At least the 80's weren't afraid of exposing mental behavior.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Yes, such a GREAT message about bringing awareness to mental illness... "Beware that person pretending to be a woman; he secretly wants to chop you up with an ax."
edit on 7-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Now before the regular gang that comes in here bashing transgender people and children, you know who you are, keep in mind this child isn't making a political statement or rebelling against society. This is not about sex or sexuality or mental illness. At the center of all this is a loving family in a difficult situation and a child that just wants to be accepted, included and not bullied.

*Reads page 1's posts*

That didn't take long...

Did you have anything relevant to add?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

a reply to: VictoriaCromwell

You sound bitter that the times are changing and you don't agree with it.

Yep. Just like the folks who didn't want equality for blacks were bitter, just like the folks who were against interracial marriages were bitter, just like the folks who didn't want women to get the vote were bitter, just like folks who didn't want marriage equality for gays are bitter.

Too bad, so sad, time marches on.

What do black men and women, that are simply men and women and staying the way they were born, have to do with 6 year olds and teens thinking they want to be something they're not? Nature doesn't discriminate, and it doesn't care about how anyone feels.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I don't remember being six.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Your stating a teacher read this is incorrect and indicates you did nothing more than skim then come post your gnarly opinion.

As a man and a human being, your referring to a small child as an atrocity is disgusting and repugnant.

*you're

The teacher helped push an agenda. For that, the teacher should be fired and fined. Jail time optional. But hey, I'm not the one that makes those calls. We all get our own opinion, and guess what, sometimes other opinions might hurt feelings. Can you believe that???

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join