It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Community rallies behind 6-year-old transgender girl

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor
I did say I was going to cease indulging in this idiotic thread, but I just could not help calling you out for having the nerve to include an ATS member's username (and yes, we all know who you were referring to) who has not made ANY comments in this thread.
Shame on you.

Maybe the reason that she has not made any comments is that she is no longer a member here.

Just sayin'.

Thank you so much, clearly enlightened one.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
What is life?!! This whole trans kid thing is mind boggling.
My 10 year old has been acting like a cat for a year and half now. I'm serious. He can go several hours acting like a cat. Just this past Saturday I said "Good morning son" and he stared at me blankly and said "meow"... I'm not kidding lol. When he was 4 years old after our dog had puppies he acted like a puppy for a whole year! Thank God he grew out of that phase!
I'm embarrassed that he just turned 10 and still thinks he's a cat for a few hours a day, but I'm sure he'll grow out of it. Good thing I didn't run out and get him reassigned to be a puppy when he 4 years old, because now he wants to be a cat!

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teeky
What is life?!! This whole trans kid thing is mind boggling.
My 10 year old has been acting like a cat for a year and half now. I'm serious. He can go several hours acting like a cat. Just this past Saturday I said "Good morning son" and he stared at me blankly and said "meow"... I'm not kidding lol. When he was 4 years old after our dog had puppies he acted like a puppy for a whole year! Thank God he grew out of that phase!
I'm embarrassed that he just turned 10 and still thinks he's a cat for a few hours a day, but I'm sure he'll grow out of it. Good thing I didn't run out and get him reassigned to be a puppy when he 4 years old, because now he wants to be a cat!

There is something called 'species dysphoria'. It's real. Just like gender dysphoria, there are people that believe they are not what their body says they are. Some of the examples of species dysphoria have literally altered their bodies to look more like a cat or some other animal.

Hopefully your little boy is just messing with you...I hope.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Thread after thread you bring up science but what you call science is nothing more than your interpretation and that of vested interest of the actual data. We have been through this several times you and I. No where in the "science" does it dictate the use of pronouns or the behavior of the general public. You cherry pick the information anyways and you use biased sources like WPATH but ignore the other sciences that address behavior, genetics, environment, psychology and a host of other uncomfortable realities for you.

The issue isn't about heart. You keep falling into the same logical fallacies appealing to emotions and the like because any actual evidence you have is again nothing but interpretation bordering on confirmation bias.

Faced with zero evidence you resort to the same ad hominem attacks and attempts to make the issue about me and my views. Thankfully ATS is not representative of the whole of society and ridiculous assertions like yours are easily overlooked in favor of common sense as opposed to your endless merry-go-round of semantics and delusional thinking.

As for the person in the OP only time will tell which side of this issue is "right" but just a cursory glance at transwhatevers shows that their emotional issues go much deeper than simply being repressed. IF acting out these fantasies and having their delusions reinforced by those around them were the "cure" then why do so many of them resort to pathologically deviant behaviors like addiction and self harm or suicide even after transitioning? I would have to say the entire transgender issue is simply laughable in the way the "treatment" requires the acceptance of others in order to work.

This kid has a tough path ahead of him. Its as if the parents are placing unmovable boulders in his path and telling everyone else to get out of the way.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta
Let me address your last post directly and we can get all this cleared up. I'll do my best to live up to your expectations so get ready, sit down, hold on and standby... here goes:

Whatever, dude. You win.

Nothing to see here. Discussion over. Move along.

If one person was able to discern the signal from the noise in this thread and perhaps gained a bit of information or was given cause to think about their perspective on the whole trans kid thing or if maybe a spark of compassion or understanding of their problems and needs was ignited, then I've done what I set out to do.

To informed friends, the genuinely curious and other allies and advocates, thanks for your words and efforts. Keep up the good fight. Baby steps.

The rest of you could use a little work on your humanity.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

To informed friends, the genuinely curious and other allies and advocates, thanks for your words and efforts. Keep up the good fight. Baby steps.

The rest of you could use a little work on your humanity.

The ignorant remain ignorant by choice.

See you next time

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
As the Earth population has demonstrated a huge influx of gay and transgender humanity, is it really that difficult to accept that scientists changed our natural evolution of humanity?

If you consider evolution itself, our natural life evolved from the light/sound crystal radiations of a fused Planet Earth stone...this included the natural dust condition of the nuclear.

Scientists change the condition of the crystal light and sound of Earth's nuclear and suddenly Nature gets attacked (ie. cows did)....why were cows considered holy and then get attacked by a UFO condition? Why was DUST also considered holy and a part of spiritual religious teachings?

Did the past technology of human life already teach us a lesson about occultism?

I think that humanity has been so badly affected by the changed environmental condition that we can no longer make excuses for what science has caused to our life.

Spiritual teachings tried to enforce a belief that gay inheritance was a spiritual dis spirited condition, and who is to say that this consideration was incorrect...when spiritual teachings regard the virtue of life and spirit itself.

Not that the humanity who inherits difference of body and mind are wrong....it is the occultist practices that are wrong...sciences.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

More of your feely buzzwords "humanity" ( I find your use of the term humanity amusing seeing as you have no firm grasp on even the basics like genetics) "compassion" . I guess your need to demonize people who don't agree with you is some sort of coping mechanism. It is usually the pro-trans types that resort to these tactics due to a lack of any real substance in support of your position that doesn't revolve around examining feelings. I cant wait to see how this kid "feels" when he gets to high school or college. I am sure he will be perfectly well adjusted . I mean if not then its societies fault right? This is probably the umpteenth time you have declared you are taking your ball and going home. I await your reply.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Its seriously all these people care about. Their entire life is consumed with tranny this cis that bigot that. 10 years ago i wouldve supported a genuine nice gay person with whatever but you people keep pushing and pushing and your twitter mafias and lawsuits against people who did nothing to you but refused to bake your cakes....i mean i am so tired of all you gays Im over it, forever. Stay out of my life. And this kid is going to hate its parents.
edit on 8-12-2015 by mwalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: mwalker
Its seriously all these people care about. Their entire life is consumed with tranny this cis that bigot that. 10 years ago i wouldve supported a genuine nice gay person with whatever but you people keep pushing and pushing and your twitter mafias and lawsuits against people who did nothing to you but refused to bake your cakes....i mean i am so tired of all you gays Im over it, forever. Stay out of my life. And this kid is going to hate its parents.

Not the cake baking again.

They broke the law. They were sued by the state.

If you choose to discriminate. Make sure your state doesn't have an anti-discrimination law.

I know --- being treated Equally is so Yesterday. How dare they.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I was a total tomboy as a kid. I preferred hanging out with boys rather than girls, I hated dresses and got around in shorts and a t-shirt, was almost always filthy from playing outside and climbing trees, had zero interest in dolls, etc etc. I still am a bit of a tomboy at heart. I knew nothing about transgender people, and the thought of my tomboy inclinations as being a transgender issue never crossed anybody's mind at all, let alone mine. My mother lamented my messy hair and my objection to frilly dresses, but nevertheless she let me do my own thing, and certainly never imposed any sexual orientation or gender identity on me, seeing as I was just a kid.

I really think that young children are not yet able to fully comprehend the concept of being transgender. When I was a kid, there were a couple of boys in my grade who were rather effeminate, they liked dolls, spoke with a bit of a lisp, and hung out with girls rather than boys. The word "gay" was mentioned from time to time, but because we were children, we didn't really fully understand what that meant - we had only the most superficial understanding of it. In time, as those boys entered their teens, they eventually came out as being gay - after puberty.

Obviously, there's a difference between sexual orientation and gender identity, but children, well, they're children. When I was a kid, I had no idea what it meant to be female, I just kept right on playing in the dirt and being a kid. It was only really after I'd hit puberty that I started to act a bit more feminine, and as I grew up, I guess I did come to learn what it meant to be female, if that makes sense.

My point is that children are essentially "genderless" - in the sense that while most boys will engage in boyish pursuits, and likewise girls will usually engage in more feminine pursuits, that's not always the case, and when you're a kid, gender doesn't really matter that much. It's more of a concern when one becomes sexually mature.

I think, if a boy likes dolls or dresses or whatever, so be it. But someone has been telling this child all about transgenderism, and I really do think 6 is way too young to be worrying about that. Far better to just let the kid explore what he/she wants, and they can decide for themselves once they're a bit older and have an actual understanding of gender identity. Can't help but think what the hell would've happened to me if someone came along and informed me that I was "transgender" at age 6 because I was a tomboy.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I think those who are now adult transgenders know more then those who aren't. There are several on ATS.

Those who aren't base their opinions on ignorance.

edit on 8-12-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

I have nothing against the LGBT community, but 6 years old? Sounds like child abuse.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Im not suggesting that life for the child will not be rather hard growing up, if indeed he/she is transgender, but to take such drastic measures at only six years of age seems wrong to me no matter how you try to explain it. Personally i think there is as much of a chance of the child suffering from a mental illness as there is of them being transgender.

Are there any other species or creatures on our world that are transgender/display said trait or does this condition only manifest itself in us Humans? And i dont mean creatures that are protandrous hermaphrodites.

See i think our society has rather a lot to do with how we label ourselves, it shapes us just as much as nature does.
edit on 8-12-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Yay for promoting mental illnesses! We're such ac progressive society

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The teacher that read that story to those innocent 6 year old kids should be fired and fined and spend a bit in jail for exposing their innocent minds to such an atrocity. As should the parents of the dude in the story. This is sick.

I'm PRETTTTY sure there is a 1st Amendment violation in there somewhere...

Where, in my free speech or the propaganda being embedded in the young childrens' heads?

The part where you wanted to jail someone for reading a book. Regardless of what you think about the contents of that book, it is a violation of the 1st Amendment to jail them for reading it. We don't jail bigots for passing intolerant and insensitive propaganda onto their children. Why should we jail someone because someone read a book that YOU find disgusting? Thought police much?
edit on 8-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: LSU0408

Yes, such a GREAT message about bringing awareness to mental illness... "Beware that person pretending to be a woman; he secretly wants to chop you up with an ax."

Makes sense....

Does it? How many real transgendered serial killers can you name off the top of your head?
edit on 8-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: I added the word "real" to the request since I don't want you naming someone like Buffalo Bill who was invented in someone's imagination.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Poppcocked
This is absolutely disgusting, that kids parents need to be sent to prison and the child put into protective custody.

This world has finally gone to complete and utter #..

I kept waiting for the punchline...then i realised the joke was hidden deep within your psyche...there's no punchline here either...in case you were wondering.

Christians never fail to amaze me with your intolerance and cruel attitudes...glasshouses and stones come to mind.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DeepThoughtCriminal

Being a tomboy has nothing to do with gender dysphoria. Did you wake up every morning wishing you had grown a penis overnight? Did you look in the mirror every day with disgust at your female body? I'm not talking about the dresses you may have had to wear, or the ribbons that may have been forced in your hair. I'm talking about your naked body. Were you absolutely horrified at the thought of puberty, when you would have even more womanly features? So horrified that you considered suicide as a way of not having to go through puberty?

I know you think you can relate, but what you went through as a kid isn't even remotely the same as what these transgender kids go through.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

Can you please share links to info about transgender people who were allowed to transition early in life, before puberty caused irreversible changes - show me how many of this group committed suicide or had problems with addiction or self harm? Not the ones who had to wait until after puberty because no one listened to them, but the ones whose parents listened and provided them the support they needed in their younger years. Also, if you know of any specific drug or specific type of therapy from a licensed psychiatrist or psychologist that has been successful in permanently "curing" gender dysphoria, could you please share it?

While I'm waiting, I'll just remind everyone of the story of Jazz. She seems to be a pretty well-adjusted teenager if you ask me. And she started her transition when she was 6 years old.

www.cnn.com...

edit on 8-12-2015 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join