It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Community rallies behind 6-year-old transgender girl

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Tomboy != transgendered

My cousin used to be a tomboy as a kid, but at no point did I ever hear her say that she secretly felt like a man.

I am demonstrating that kids FEEL and IDENTIFY with certain things that are masculine and feminine traditionally.

And I'm saying that a six year old or child saying they are transgendered isn't the same thing as a tomboy. Tomboyishness is a phase. Gender Dysphoria is MUCH more complicated and isn't just a phase.

For a SIX YEAR old to say "I feel like a man" is hardly a LIFELONG admission of being "Trans-Gendered"

Sentence your kid to a lifetime based on a feeling, when their GENES and BIOLOGY and BRAIN aren't even developed yet?

As has been shown by Freja, no one is being "sentenced" to anything. There is a LONG process that must be completed. It's not like at the age of 6 they start whacking off your penis or anything. There are considerations made for the child in case it really WAS a phase and the child grows out of it.

And if a parent ENCOURAGES you that you really are 'not who you are", a child's natural inclination of reward, positive reinforcement, and ATTENTION can further a simple 'phase'...if it is one.

SIX....

And if that turns out to be the case, everything is reversible up until their teenage years when they start taking hormones (heck even then it may still be reversible to an extent). You can't get actual SRS surgery until you are 18. EIGHTEEN.... (see I can do that too)

I'm not talking about the surgery, I'm talking about formative years that START with childhood. A time when FAIRIES and DRAGONS are on the list of possibilities, and Jedi Powers could be 'real'

i had fairy friends

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: LSU0408

No, but a slap to the mouth for thinking they wanna be something other than what they were born as will straighten them up.

This is a joke, right?

No, well kinda, but if my boy wanted to be a girl I'd mentally jerk a knot in the back of his head and ask him what the hell is wrong with him. Thankfully they've all been introduced to progressive liberalist propaganda and know how differentiate such evil.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

a reply to: VictoriaCromwell

You sound bitter that the times are changing and you don't agree with it.

Yep. Just like the folks who didn't want equality for blacks were bitter, just like the folks who were against interracial marriages were bitter, just like the folks who didn't want women to get the vote were bitter, just like folks who didn't want marriage equality for gays are bitter.

Too bad, so sad, time marches on.

What do black men and women, that are simply men and women and staying the way they were born, have to do with 6 year olds and teens thinking they want to be something they're not? Nature doesn't discriminate, and it doesn't care about how anyone feels.

It has to do with small minds who don't like people who are different, or who like to have control over others, or who can't accept what makes them feel "icky". It has to do with those small minds who will become the minority and will eventually disappear - because as time goes on, we tend to evolve and progress as a society.

And pleeeeeeease tell me you were totally kidding about slapping a 6 yr old in the mouth.
Ahh, I see you answered my question about the violent behavior towards children. You'll just mentally abuse them instead of physically. Well, there's that at least.

edit on 7-12-2015 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

a reply to: Freija

The teacher that read that story to those innocent 6 year old kids should be fired and fined and spend a bit in jail for exposing their innocent minds to such an atrocity. As should the parents of the dude in the story. This is sick.

I'm PRETTTTY sure there is a 1st Amendment violation in there somewhere...

Where, in my free speech or the propaganda being embedded in the young childrens' heads?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

a reply to: LSU0408

Yes, such a GREAT message about bringing awareness to mental illness... "Beware that person pretending to be a woman; he secretly wants to chop you up with an ax."

Makes sense....

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

a reply to: VictoriaCromwell

You sound bitter that the times are changing and you don't agree with it.

Yep. Just like the folks who didn't want equality for blacks were bitter, just like the folks who were against interracial marriages were bitter, just like the folks who didn't want women to get the vote were bitter, just like folks who didn't want marriage equality for gays are bitter.

Too bad, so sad, time marches on.

What do black men and women, that are simply men and women and staying the way they were born, have to do with 6 year olds and teens thinking they want to be something they're not? Nature doesn't discriminate, and it doesn't care about how anyone feels.

It has to do with small minds who don't like people who are different, or who like to have control over others, or who can't accept what makes them feel "icky". It has to do with those small minds who will become the minority and will eventually disappear - because as time goes on, we tend to evolve and progress as a society.

And pleeeeeeease tell me you were totally kidding about slapping a 6 yr old in the mouth.
Ahh, I see you answered my question about the violent behavior towards children. You'll just mentally abuse them instead of physically. Well, there's that at least.

Have you never heard of discipline? I'm sure you let the kids make the rules, I don't. If my kids wanna be a brat, a bully, or abusive to their girlfriend, or gay, or a girl, or lazy, if they want to lose their manners, or if they want to be an arsehole instead of a gentleman and not say thank you, please, ma'am, and sir, then they can wait until they're 18. Until then, they'll be raised as gentlemen. Hence the word "men." If it offends anyone the way I raise my kids then that's too bad.

Edit: Love your feeble attempt to subliminally say we have small minds for not accepting the fact that parents let their kids transition to the opposite sex at the age of 6. Absolutely freaking pathetic on your behalf.
edit on 7-12-2015 by LSU0408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I love how the progressive side likes to change the definitions of words mid debate. They have redefined mental illness, redefined "gender" and sexuality now they are debating the term transitioning. I recall in another recent thread they debated whether a biological male who identifies as a woman was homosexual for having sex with men. It just shows me your arguments are weak when you resort to that type of revisionism. You cant articulate the issues in plain language without appeals to emotion or moving the goal post/redefining the terms of the debate.

So because the poor delusional pawn of a child in the OP is part of a special interest group that means the child's interpretation is the correct one? What if a child wants to engage in sexual relations with an adult (Teleiophilia) ? Does that mean society is wrong because it is what the child desires? Bare in mind in my example here no one is being "forced" to do anything against their will so we can go ahead and preempt any of the "consent" issues. Yes I am aware of the difference in gender and sexual orientation (not that I entirely agree but meh) but the issue is a child state of mind and ability to make these decisions.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta
I love how the progressive side likes to change the definitions of words mid debate. They have redefined mental illness, redefined "gender" and sexuality now they are debating the term transitioning. I recall in another recent thread they debated whether a biological male who identifies as a woman was homosexual for having sex with men. It just shows me your arguments are weak when you resort to that type of revisionism. You cant articulate the issues in plain language without appeals to emotion or moving the goal post/redefining the terms of the debate.

So because the poor delusional pawn of a child in the OP is part of a special interest group that means the child's interpretation is the correct one? What if a child wants to engage in sexual relations with an adult (Teleiophilia) ? Does that mean society is wrong because it is what the child desires? Bare in mind in my example here no one is being "forced" to do anything against their will so we can go ahead and preempt any of the "consent" issues. Yes I am aware of the difference in gender and sexual orientation (not that I entirely agree but meh) but the issue is a child state of mind and ability to make these decisions.

That's the propaganda they want to force down innocent little childrens' throats.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Children are now so highly sexualized that they decide how they want to have sex at the age of 6

We have become a society that nurtures pedophilia

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LarryCopano
Sure....let's see how that ends up. This child should be allowed by law for such decisions. They are not of the right state of mind.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TWILITE22
But there are still those that will argue for it. It doesn't seem the parents have even bothered looking at any alternatives....

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

And I love how you listed negative traits that hurt/offend others, while slipping in two that don't hurt anyone.

And yes, people who don't even try to understand this issue are small minded.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

Why are you talking about sexual acts, when that can physically damage a small child, when we are talking about letting them wear a dress, grow their hair and change to a girl's name? The two cannot be compared.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Have to say at six years of age i disagree as to any child even being aware of what there gender or any other gender for that matter really constitutes.

I say let the little ones reach a suitable age where they can fully understand the implications of there own actions before performing or implementing such measures.

Just to add, im not for or against transgender people, i just think where children are concerned it a very controversial issue.

Hey thanks for chiming in, andy06shake!

Ugh! Wikipedia as a reference but it offers a simplified view and agrees with just about everything else ever written on childhood development.

There are several theories about how and when gender identity forms, and studying the subject is difficult because children's lack of language requires researchers to make assumptions from indirect evidence. John Money suggested children might have awareness of and attach some significance to gender as early as 18 months to two years; Lawrence Kohlberg argues that gender identity does not form until age three. It is widely agreed that core gender identity is firmly formed by age three. At this point, children can make firm statements about their gender and tend to choose activities and toys which are considered appropriate for their gender (such as dolls and painting for girls, and tools and rough-housing for boys), although they do not yet fully understand the implications of gender. After age three, core gender identity is extremely difficult to change, and attempts to reassign it can result in gender dysphoria. Gender identity refinement extends into the fourth to sixth years of age, and continues into young adulthood
source

Of course there are variables among individuals and this development that continues into young adulthood is in different stages that cover different aspects beyond or in addition to core gender identity.

I was six years once and I've known plenty of six year old kids that were pretty dang solidly entrenched in their gender and I dare say that at six, you were probably also quite positively sure you were a boy, assuming you are? How would you have felt if your mother put you in a pretty dress and pink tights and took away your toy cars, trucks, guns and that cowboy hat you loved to wear, gave you a Barbie and play tea set and started calling you Audrey instead of Andy and then took you to the church ice cream social, enrolled you in school and treated you like this until you were 18 years old?

It is only a hypothetical but I assume you and/or most little boys would feel really weird, uncomfortable and out of place? This is how transgender children feel. At that age, what would make you feel more comfortable, natural and happy? Dressing like a boy, playing with the boy stuff you liked and acting like boy would probably do wonders for your disposition, not to mention getting rid of the feeling you had dressed up as Audrey of wanting to curl up in a dark corner and hide from the world because this Audrey chick just wasn't you. Wouldn't it seem surreal or like some sort of nightmare? This is a transgender child's world and the thing that makes them happy, comfortable and content is not all that difficult or complicated, is it.

They don't have to understand politics, religion, sexuality and the deepest profound thought they may may have is to wonder why it is that Wile E. Coyote never does catch the Roadrunner but they can tell you they don't like wearing dresses, having tea parties and being called Audrey because they're a boy and that's not what boys do.

This is gender identity and sense of self in action and trans kids can and do feel just as firmly entrenched and life equally surreal and nightmarish if living as a gender they do not feel is theirs.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

You didn't read my comment apparently. I addressed what you are asking you are just trying to ignore the point and detract from its association with your own.

ETA: You try to minimize it to being about a "dress" but you are failing to acknowledge any damage done by wearing said dress. Setting the children up to be ostracized and marginalized and to perpetuate a victims mentality is incredibly nurturing of you /sarcasm.
edit on 7-12-2015 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I love how the progressive side likes to change the definitions of words mid debate. They have redefined mental illness, redefined "gender" and sexuality now they are debating the term transitioning.

We've redefined marriage too - ooooh aren't we just the evil ones!

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Well at least you acknowledge it for a change.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

ETA: You try to minimize it to being about a "dress" but you are failing to acknowledge any damage done by wearing said dress. Setting the children up to be ostracized and marginalized and to perpetuate a victims mentality is incredibly nurturing of you /sarcasm.

Did ya read the OP? (oops sorry, can't stop being Sarah Palin-ish, it seems to offend people)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

If my kids wanna be a brat, a bully, or abusive to their girlfriend, or gay,

youre happy with that sentance?
i dont know why youre here on this thread.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Ho ho ho! I find it amusing you talk about moving goal posts when you don't even know what they are let alone where they are. And again with the "progressive side" crap. Is that just not anyone with you on the "regressive side"? What you see as "revisionism" others call keeping up with the world, science, culture, society and not becoming stale in thought. You seem like a sad angry man with a cross to bear against the transgender menace for some peculiar reason when all you really know about the subject is rhetoric jabber gleaned from a blog somewhere. It is boring and tiresome and comes across as malicious but I'm sure your star count from like-minded comrades on your baiting and trollish diatribe makes you puff up your chest and feel justified and righteous or manly or something? I can't figure it out. Maybe you just need to _______ (fill in the blank)

I'm thinking happy thoughts for you but gol darnit, feel bad for those poor childrenz you're going to leave a lump of coal under the tree for because you seem to have no heart.

edit on 12/7/2015 by Freija because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join