It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Bernardino, Calif., fire units responding to reports of 20-victim shooting incident -

page: 150
<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Power_Semi

I am aware of that, but here you have to be careful how you label religious laws and believes as that is what Islam is, because you could be stepping on some "sensitive toes".

I'm afraid we've reached the point where those sensitive toes need stamping on, never mind stepping on, since it's those folks with the oh-so-sensitive politically correct mindset that are not just enabling these kinds of things to happen, they are actively increasing the liklihood.

The christians get sensitive when something less than godlike is suggested about them.

Its simple, don't be bigoted, or xenophobic. Don't use your religion to hold anyone down.

If you do, that will be criticized, and it should be.

link   
a reply to: THEatsking

oh really

do enlighten us

link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger
although, I dare say, having a baby come into your life might just give that worthless life a bit of meaning?

link   
a reply to: theonenonlyone

Yes you are right the biggest fear in America is when you good neighbor and co-worker that you think you have known for years, decide that he will go on a religious rampage in the name of their believes and kill you and him or herself to become martyrs.

link   

originally posted by: THEatsking
It shouldn't be called islamic terrorism either. It's simply 'terrorism'. Or, we can just call every crime committed by any religion a terrorist act. The CO shooting was Christian Terrorism. No, that is divisive. That is the problem. It needs to only be called Terrorism.

Is it actually terrorism, though? From the details we have, we cannot assert that these individuals were trying to terrorize for political reasons. The fact they tried to escape, without maximizing fatalities of soft targets, and that there have not been reports of any religious or political shouting at the time of the shooting, no manifesto left behind and no organization claiming responsibility, leaves room for a wide range of possibilities.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

No. You are wrong. It IS Islamic terrorism. Islamic terrorism. Islamic terrorism. I will say it. I will not push it under the rug.

I will not timidly deny the fact that Islam enables certain people to become overly brainwashed and take their religion over the top to levels of extreme fanaticism where the hate for western thought eats at them like a disease and their prejudice against us becomes so vile and hateful that they embrace the worst parts of an already creepy religion and take it over the top.

Are you completely forgetting the hate that comes from the Christians? Or the attack on American soil committed by Christian domestic terrorist attacks?

The point being that every religion has their fanatics and that no religion is free from it's fanatics.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Nope, Islam isn't anymore dangerous than Christianity, Buddhism, Judaism, or Hinduism.

There are bad people everywhere. Bad smart people can brainwash bad stupid people into doing bad things. It's that simple.

They're all crazies, they're all terrorists. And yes, there are christian, buddhist, jew, muslim terrorists.

Muslim terrorists aren't some special problem.

No - you are wrong.

I live in an area of the Uk with a huge number of these people living here, and I can tell you that if you were to take a walk down the wrong street they'd beat you to a pulp.

We even had an old soldier walking to a remembrance Sunday parade with his WW2 medals on - and a gang of them pushed him over and stole his medals and beret.

Attacking an old man.

There's currently a court case where 14 of them allegedly gang raped a 14 year old girl repeatedly for over a year.

The list goes on and on, and there's only 1 relgious or ethnic group involved - and it aint the Christians.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

a reply to: queenofswords

I can tell you this, the government is making sure to get peoples mind to think that is all about gun control than accepting the fact that we have Islamic terrorist in the US, trained and well armed waiting for the right moment to attack anywhere and any body regardless of state.

There are christian terrorists ready to do the same.

If you are right then maybe we don't have anything to worry about. They will cancel each other out.

If you are wrong then you are backing the wrong horse.

Damn it! The wolves got into the coop and killed most of the chickens. Don't worry it is okay. Last week a weasel got in and killed a bunch of the ducks.

I have never understood how people that make these arguments thinks it solves the problem at hand.

link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: FamCore
Putting on my tinfoil hat for a minute.

Why would Farook be advertising online on a dating site for the disabled, with this profile?

As of Thursday, a few of Farook’s online dating profiles were still intact, giving a glimpse into his personal affiliations. He was a Sunni Muslim, according to one profile, and considered his family “religios [sic] but modern,” according to another. His interests included “read[ing] religios [sic] books” and “just hang[ing] out in back yard doing target pratice [sic] with younger sister and friends.”

It looks awful suspicious, or am I just reading something between the lines that only a tinfoil hat wearing person would see?

Man! This triggered a snippet of a memory. Didn't one of the Paris bombers or someone affiliated claim that he was only looking for a date when questioned about some website that was suspicious. Gosh! I wish I could remember this connection. What a cover, uh, for communicating in code! If you remember this, too, let me know.

link   

Sadly wit all the terrorism in the middle east today caused by radicalized Islam, Christian terrorist are the last thing in my mind.

It shouldn't be as it has proven to be just as dangerous as Islamic terrorist.

link   
Do we know his wife was actively shooting or was she just there, he may of had her hostage I just can not see a new mother doing this...nor anyone in a sane world.
edit on 3-12-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

link   

I am aware of that, but here you have to be careful how you label religious laws and believes as that is what Islam is, because you could be stepping on some "sensitive toes".

I'm afraid we've reached the point where those sensitive toes need stamping on, never mind stepping on, since it's those folks with the oh-so-sensitive politically correct mindset that are not just enabling these kinds of things to happen, they are actively increasing the liklihood.

The christians get sensitive when something less than godlike is suggested about them.

Its simple, don't be bigoted, or xenophobic. Don't use your religion to hold anyone down.

If you do, that will be criticized, and it should be.

I don't have a religion and I am speaking from personal experience of dealing with them so you can keep your armchair sympathising and patronising to yourself.

But hey, if you think I'm wrong come to where I live and go for a nice stroll through the park - I'll call you an ambulance before you go in.
edit on -06:0020154America/ChicagoThu, 03 Dec 2015 11:23:39 -0600_rdAmerica/Chicago1223 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Start with the government and then down the ladder to the public, when we have a government that see no evil and hear no evil when it comes to Islam, refugees, immigrants and so on in the US then we do have a big problem, that is the reason we are facing now terrorism in our nation.

They just blame it on gun laws.

link   

Nope, Islam isn't anymore dangerous than Christianity, Buddhism, Judaism, or Hinduism.

There are bad people everywhere. Bad smart people can brainwash bad stupid people into doing bad things. It's that simple.

They're all crazies, they're all terrorists. And yes, there are christian, buddhist, jew, muslim terrorists.

No - you are wrong.

I live in an area of the Uk with a huge number of these people living here, and I can tell you that if you were to take a walk down the wrong street they'd beat you to a pulp.

We even had an old soldier walking to a remembrance Sunday parade with his WW2 medals on - and a gang of them pushed him over and stole his medals and beret.

Attacking an old man.

There's currently a court case where 14 of them allegedly gang raped a 14 year old girl repeatedly for over a year.

The list goes on and on, and there's only 1 relgious or ethnic group involved - and it aint the Christians.

Ok, that's anecdotal. All of it. Personal (or family/friend) experiences are always anecdotal. Next?

link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Perhaps this had to do with the local controversy over the Al-Nur Islamic Center?

Can anybody shed further light on this?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

it isn't "radicalised" Islam - it is Islam.

The idea that the people who do this are "radicalised" is political propaganda, mainly from our idiots running the UK because they've let so many of them into the UK.

They daren't admit it's normal Islam

Well than can we say that the PP shooting is normal Christian behavior?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Start with the government and then down the ladder to the public, when we have a government that see no evil and hear no evil when it comes to Islam, refugees, immigrants and so on in the US then we do have a big problem, that is the reason we are facing now terrorism in our nation.

They just blame it on gun laws.

This is disgusting. The bigotry is ingrained so deep in the culture of far right politics that it is believed to not exist.

And when stats are pointed out indicating facts, well, this person killed this person over here. This happened over here. This person went jihad over here.

Any anecdotal evidence is always stupid.

link   

The Christians? Would you be comfortable using "the Muslims get sensitive" or "the Buddhists get sensitive"?

Its simple, don't be bigoted

not so simple it seems

link   

No - you are wrong.

Attacking an old man.

Ok, that's anecdotal. All of it. Personal (or family/friend) experiences are always anecdotal. Next?

No it isn't anecdotal you prat, the first was in the News and they were caught and prosecuted, the 2nd is currently going through the courts.

it's called FACTS - but since they don't fit in with your fantasy version of the world you choose to pretend it isn't real.

link   

originally posted by: theonenonlyone

it isn't "radicalised" Islam - it is Islam.

The idea that the people who do this are "radicalised" is political propaganda, mainly from our idiots running the UK because they've let so many of them into the UK.

They daren't admit it's normal Islam

Well than can we say that the PP shooting is normal Christian behavior?

Yes, that would have to be the case.

top topics

<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join