It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Bernardino, Calif., fire units responding to reports of 20-victim shooting incident -

page: 152
<< 149  150  151    153  154  155 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

originally posted by: THEatsking

a reply to: Power_Semi

Nope, Islam isn't anymore dangerous than Christianity, Buddhism, Judaism, or Hinduism.

There are bad people everywhere. Bad smart people can brainwash bad stupid people into doing bad things. It's that simple.

They're all crazies, they're all terrorists. And yes, there are christian, buddhist, jew, muslim terrorists.

Muslim terrorists aren't some special problem.

No - you are wrong.

I live in an area of the Uk with a huge number of these people living here, and I can tell you that if you were to take a walk down the wrong street they'd beat you to a pulp.

We even had an old soldier walking to a remembrance Sunday parade with his WW2 medals on - and a gang of them pushed him over and stole his medals and beret.

Attacking an old man.

There's currently a court case where 14 of them allegedly gang raped a 14 year old girl repeatedly for over a year.

The list goes on and on, and there's only 1 relgious or ethnic group involved - and it aint the Christians.

Ok, that's anecdotal. All of it. Personal (or family/friend) experiences are always anecdotal. Next?

No it isn't anecdotal you prat, the first was in the News and they were caught and prosecuted, the 2nd is currently going through the courts.

it's called FACTS - but since they don't fit in with your fantasy version of the world you choose to pretend it isn't real.

Individual cases are always anecdotal.

First you claimed friends/aquaintances stories are anecdotal, now individual cases are anecdotal.

You're twisting and turning like a twisty turny thing - all to avoid admiting the truth so you can maintain your incorrect beliefs.

If all individual cases are anecdotal then there can never be a case for anything because by definition nothing is connected.

unless it's Chriatians - then I bet you'd be all over it like a rash.

you're an idiot.

Mass studies and statistics aren't anecdotal. Individual cases (from the news, friends, family, sorry i had to clarify that apparently) are anecdotal.

Yes, I will always use anecdotal evidence against christianity until christians and americans realize 1) Their country isn't the best necessarily, but you can have pride in it 2) Their religion isn't the best, they're all equal.

I'm a white christian male by the way.

Woah, internet tough guy over here.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
a reply to: marg6043

More interesting...

The couple also had GoPro cameras strapped to their body armor

www.foxnews.com...

Possibly workplace retribution + pseudo lone wolf (married couple) with the delusion that they would escape, travel to Syria and be greeted as heroes with the GoPro footage as their prize?

Not defending him, but who would want to leave a $50k a year job and travel back to a chaotic mess like Syria?

There are people on ATS that would be grateful for a job like this. Again something is way off here.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

edit on 3-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: theonenonlyone

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: theonenonlyone

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: THEatsking

No. You are wrong. It IS Islamic terrorism. Islamic terrorism. Islamic terrorism. I will say it. I will not push it under the rug.

I will not timidly deny the fact that Islam enables certain people to become overly brainwashed and take their religion over the top to levels of extreme fanaticism where the hate for western thought eats at them like a disease and their prejudice against us becomes so vile and hateful that they embrace the worst parts of an already creepy religion and take it over the top.

Are you completely forgetting the hate that comes from the Christians? Or the attack on American soil committed by Christian domestic terrorist attacks?

The point being that every religion has their fanatics and that no religion is free from it's fanatics.

Your kind of silly reasoning is what is killing us. Islamic terrorists are in a class all by themselves, sir, and they are growing all over the world. Yet people like you say ....."but, but, what about fanatical Christians. They hate people, too!"

Come on, man. Stop with the blind foolishness. Islamic terrorism is an evil creeping into western society little by little and guess what!!? They have bombs and weapons and so much hate and extreme religious fervor that they can excuse even things like beheading for the fun of it. Oh, and they LOVE to video their vile deeds. They get an extra "kick" out of doing that.

Tens of thousands of Muslims flee Christian militias in Central African Republic

As for the videos, the highly edited planned parenthood comes to mind and not too mention pastors calling for death of gays..etc.

Take the blinders off and understand each religion is guilty of creating fanatics. Does not make it the religions faults but the individuals.

Funny how that story skews it. So tens of thousands are fleeing. Could be the Christians got tired of being killed as later down the line in the story it says

Christians have also been victims of violence, targeted by Muslims in this complex communal conflict that U.N. and humanitarian officials fear could implode into genocide. Several hundred thousand Christians remain in crowded, squalid camps, unable or too afraid to return home.

But I guess since the current PC speak is that Muslims are peaceful they don't report about the HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of Christians that fled from Muslims killing them....that would just not support the agenda.

Makes me sick that the author almost used it as a side note that several hundred thousand Christians were run out by Muslims. So tens of thousands of Muslims are worth more to a story than several hundred thousand Christians....got it.

link   
From the presser going on right now.

12 pipe bombs.

Thousands of rounds.

TERRORISTS.

The only thing that is missing is how to make a pressure cooker bomb in their kitchen.
edit on 3-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: neo96

Nah, he just wants to steer the thread into another topic. We are not letting him do it, the fact is that the shooters were well dressed in gear, prepared, kind of sophisticated in the choosing of weapons and sadly Islamic believers.

For our government it will be sugar coated as domestic violence or work related violence, terrorism is taboo.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Syed Rizwan Farook -- one-half of the couple behind the San Bernardino shooting massacre -- was apparently radicalized and in touch with people being investigated by the FBI for international terrorism, law enforcement officials said Thursday.

Officials had previously said that neither Farook and Malik were known to the FBI or on a list of potentially radicalized people. Nor had they had any known interactions with police until Wednesday's deadly shootout that culminated in their deaths.

Yet Farook himself had communicated by phone and via social media with more than one person being investigated for terrorism, law enforcement officials said. A separate U.S. government official said the 28-year-old has "overseas communications and associations."

Source

link   
power semi you were derailing this thread last night.. go make a thread about your op if you wanna go all rhetoric here.. this thread is for updates.. there still alot of questions and possoble other members of this group running around.. lets keep this thread clean guys so at least anyone living in the area have a quick place to keep up.. the conference is on now

link   

originally posted by: neo96

I heard that song and dance before.

Like when the administration blamed Benghazi over a video.

Well it is true. All religions have fanatics. Not sure about the Benghazi one, but if a mentally unstable person watch's a highly videos which are filled with propaganda it has effects them differently than a normal person.

A normal person will see them for what they are and a unbalanced person will only view them as vindication for how they feel about something.

link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Farook had a profile set up on iMilap.com, which describes itself as "a site for people with disabilities and second marriage."

My impression is that iMilap.com is a site for people whose cultural norm includes arranged marriages, who are looking for a spouse. These "traditional" marriages are usually arranged by one's family or a paid matchmaker, and the people I know who are in an arranged marriage would never dream of divorce - it just isn't done. So if you are on this site, you probably broke your marriage (in which case it is unlikely someone will arrange another one for you), or your spouse died, or you may be difficult to find a spouse for, due to having a disability, etc. That's why it claims itself to be "a site for people with disabilities and second marriage." The site is geared primarily towards East Indian folk, but also to others, by religion, and it has a Muslim section.

My guess is that he wanted a "traditional" marriage but his family either couldn't arrange one, or has adopted enough Western culture that they weren't interested, so he signed up on this web site to try to find what he was looking for.

It sure would be interesting if it turned out the site is being used to recruit and radicalize through marriage, though, wouldn't it?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
something else i've not heard anyone talk about much just a mention then it was on to other things.

the rifles they used, i'm not right in saying that in cali, that those guns are illegal to own unless they were grandfathered in.
so now we know that they premeditatedly acquired guns for this, now if they went out of state and bought them themselves, or had someone else buy them we don't know.but we do know there is one law they broke just to get the guns in the state, premeditation is evident in everything you look at.

as i said time and time again, homegrown jahadi or international they took their que from other extremist.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: theonenonlyone

Yes you are right the biggest fear in America is when you good neighbor and co-worker that you think you have known for years, decide that he will go on a religious rampage in the name of their believes and kill you and him or herself to become martyrs.

What I think people need to pay attention to, is why all of these neighbors never had "suspicions".

In every case, whether it was an Islamic terrorist or a man holding kidnapped women hostage in his home for years, the neighbors always say the same thing. " He seemed like a nice guy." " He was quiet, he stayed to himself. " " He was a good neighbor. " " He was a nice guy, quiet, but well liked by all of us that worked with him. "

The truth is they didn't know a damn thing about their neighbors or co-workers. They are just people they see go in and out of a building. People should just be honest and tell the truth. They lived next to the guy for a couple of years. We saw him come, we saw him go. He didn't make a lot of noise, or create any problems for me or my family. I don't know anything about the guy. As far as I know he could be John Wayne Gacy.

When people lived in functional and close communities, there was that odd thing that would happen, but rarely did any say they had no suspicion. Maybe we should be spending a little more time getting to know, and actually spend some quality time with our neighbors, and the people we work with. Maybe some of the problems that create this divisiveness would disappear.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Farook was born in the USA. His wife was met online and he flew to Saudi Arabia and brought her back about 2 years ago.

Why did he first attend the party? And then leave? Was he looking for a last ditch reason not to follow through with the plan? I want to know the wife's story as it appears the pivot seems to be her origins and influence. Not in any way excusing the husband..he is now where he belongs...but he was American Born and frankly living in a region that is highly accepting of Arabic ethnicities and culture. He wasn't culturally alienated. Someone flipped his switch IMO and the wife obviously had the most influence.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes

You know how things work in the US, I imagine that the government is avoiding mass hysteria if they release that the area where the shooter lived was been under surveillance but still manage to get away killing people, no good.

Then we are in the holidays, it means money for the economy, we can not have people staying home now because worrying about more terrorist attacks around the nation.

I guess when it comes to the government and how they work people are nothing but collateral damage, in the way they handle terrorism in our soil.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Until we get more facts is hard to speculate on what ifs and not, even when is a nice topic for now, but I wonder also if she was the one that had all the training and was the one that influence him to become a martyr.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I see what you are trying to do there and I find that it works on people who can be easily swayed.

You basically twisted what I intended into something that fits your point of view.

Turning my statement from fanatics exist in all religions into Christians are the real victims.

Nice try.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Legally purchased, and registered.

For those that don't know California gun laws:

The gun laws of California[3][4] are some of the most restrictive in the United States. A Firearm Safety Certificate, obtained by passing a written test, is required for gun purchases.[5] Handguns sold by dealers must be "California legal" by being listed on the state's Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale.[6] This roster, which requires handgun manufacturers to pay a fee and submit specific models for safety testing, has become progressively more stringent over time and is currently the subject of a federal civil rights lawsuit on the basis that it is a de facto ban on new handgun models.[7] Private sales of firearms must be done through a licensed dealer. All firearm sales are recorded by the state, and have a ten-day waiting period. Unlike most other states, California has no provision in its state constitution that explicitly guarantees an individual right to keep and bear arms.[1] The California Supreme Court has maintained that most of California's restrictive gun laws are constitutional, based on the fact that the state's constitution does not explicitly guarantee private citizens the right to purchase, possess, or carry firearms. However, recent U.S. Supreme Court decisions of Heller (2008) and McDonald (2010) established that the Second Amendment applies to all states within the Union, and many of California's gun laws are now being challenged in the federal courts.[8]

en.wikipedia.org...

California 'Legal' is something else.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Well as per news, he just moved to the neighborhood, as per news and interviews with neighbors he kept to himself but he had frequent visits from people that the neighbors didn't recognized, they also noted that it was lots of activity in the garage at night.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

oh no i didnt mean its purposely under survailence.. i meant that this area has a Ton of cameras for crime prevention and what not... those cameras should be answering if theres been a group here at work and if those people are in the area

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: neo96

Nah, he just wants to steer the thread into another topic. We are not letting him do it, the fact is that the shooters were well dressed in gear, prepared, kind of sophisticated in the choosing of weapons and sadly Islamic believers.

For our government it will be sugar coated as domestic violence or work related violence, terrorism is taboo.

Nope just trying to bring reason into the discussion and to stop the ignorance.

You blind hatred for Muslims is being based on the radicals of that faith. Would it make sense for someone to call all Christians evil and killers for acts in Africa and the PP shooting? Of course not, because you understand that these fanatics do not speak for that religion.

So why is it so hard for you to understand that Islam is not the problem but the radical individuals who commit these acts. You can't claim all of Islam is to blame for the fanatics and then turn around and say that the PP shooter or Christians in Africa do not speak for all Christians.

To do so would make you a hypocrite.

new topics

top topics

<< 149  150  151    153  154  155 >>

join