It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Push in the Australian Senate to Reexamine the Purchase of the F-35

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: C0bzz

G,day mate. I think your figures are a bit crook er off just a tad
f15se approx 100mil a frame
f35a approx 148 mil a frame
and french computer testing indicates that the f18 has about a 18 to 24 per cent chance of defeating a su27
now the sweds practice with the fins so its viggens against f18 guess who always wins and the lower the flight envelope
the easier it is for the viggen
it will be interesting to see how their new version gets on
come to think of it singapores f16 flog our f18s
we have gone from a tier one air force to a second tier mob of also ran
Maybe we should look for a package deal with the french
subs and rafales
but this time we want all the manuals in readable understandable bloody english and the best missiles
but that is a story for another time
oorro bloke

edit on 1-12-2015 by pronto because: bloody tabet

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: pronto

Your numbers are way off. The F-35A in LRIP 8 was $95M without the engine and approximately $108M with engine included.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

G,day Bally
looks like we get 2 his year could be wrong but we do have one so there goes 148 mil so double that for two and how many hundreds of mil have we thrown at this project i dont know
what i do know is that word is there are 100 of these brumbies out and about and none of em are up for a blue after how many years
crikey what a stuff up
so i still figue bail out now tell lockheed to gorootemselves and jam their plane up their collective backsides
and start from scratch
that will prob upset poor old zapper big time
i think the old USAF bugga loves the thing
good on him for sticking by his guns
hmmm looks like hutch the hungry bugga wants to go crabbing
nar stuff i,ll go rabbit shooting instead just to ark him up lol
oorro cobs
yep im on the frigging tablet again
im frightened thst if i try to throw the thing away it will
boomerang on me
sorry went off topic look up the rafale see what yer think

edit on 1-12-2015 by pronto because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Your numbers are way off. The F-35A in LRIP 8 was $95M without the engine and approximately $108M with engine included.

G,day Zapper
ok thankyou for clearing that up for me
i now intend to phone a friend a former RAAF friend and tell him what you said
so it still turns out higher that a f15se
now my ques to you is what is the primary role of the f15se air superiority interdiction strategic mud moving or general dogs body
mate off to bed so will check back in the morning
oorroo bloke

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
what is the max ceiling for the F-35 ? the thing who scare me is why stopping the F-22 line to procure a less capable F-35 fighter ? the F-35 is eating the USAF budget , just for a stealth bomber , the fire power of the F-35 is ridiculous compare to the F-22 so WHY everybody in the pentagon support this plane???? We see reduction in the 2017 DOD budget for the LRS-B but not for the F-35 who is less capable than a bomber for the Pacific theater. In my opinion close the F-22 line to procure F-35 is the bigger mistake never made by the USAF. Soon the F-35 will face J-20 and T-50 with less air-air capacity how it will do with no f-22 to protect it in a raid ? The stealth capacity of the F-35 can't explain that, what else ?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

You can ask all you want but you're not getting an answer.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Price is dropping with every LRIP. Nine is in negotiations now, but should be down another 2-3% if targets are met.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Yeah, there's not much I can add to that suffice to say that something newer, faster, hitech and more pricey will come along after the sales. Kinda like the Iphone.

Swap you and Hutch some kingies and tuna for rabbit and crab. Kilo for kilo

Bally
edit on 1-12-2015 by bally001 because: spellin mistook

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

The newer, better, and more high tech won't be for export, and it's gonna be awhile.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Cheers Zaph, thanks for that, how long before we see F35's in the boneyard .

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

You might see the early aircraft there within 10-15 years, or even less. They can't be brought up to production standards easily, or at all in the case of the very early aircraft. As for actual production aircraft, not for a long time. I'd say 2040 at the earliest, but probably a good bit later than that.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

You might see the early aircraft there within 10-15 years, or even less. They can't be brought up to production standards easily, or at all in the case of the very early aircraft. As for actual production aircraft, not for a long time. I'd say 2040 at the earliest, but probably a good bit later than that.

There's your advanced trainer for the US Air Force!

Problem solved!

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Oddly enough, the requirements for the T-X are so extreme, that I'm not sure the actual F-35, which it's going to train pilots for, could easily meet them.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
This is because there is lot of classified stuff on F-35 I can't get answer ?

edit on 1-12-2015 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

Regardless of type, there's a lot that is classified. Radar frequencies, RWR operations, etc.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

something newer, faster, hitech and more pricey

That is bound to happen , but what worries me is if , no not if , but when they are able to be easily detected we are stuck with an aircraft not able to do its role .

Swap you and Hutch some kingies and tuna for rabbit and crab. Kilo for kilo

Ha ha , not even sure if the crabs are around yet . and rabbit . I havent had that in .... a long time .

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

That's why stealth is constantly upgraded and gets new skins every few years. Each skin is better than the last, and easier to maintain.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Obi88

You have an Urgent Message.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

You gotta ask yerself Hutchy, what is the role with regards the defence of Aussie. What aircraft do we deserve or need for the immediate future considering what pronts brought up regards millions of square miles of nothing, except Broome maybe (older thread replies).

Sorry to say I tend to think our currrent aircraft fit the task quite well and as I alluded to in this thread there are some obvious international interests saving any invasion for some decades. I can't see the need for long range bombing and regarding the defence of our shores, this requires a speedy and immediate response with fighters.

Give us a couple of hundred capable, fast and deadly fighters as a deterrent coupled with anti aircraft systems for both ground and sea. I might be a raw bone when it comes to tech but I'd rather sea 50 or so swift no nonsense fighters respond to a dozen stealthy bombers. But then maybe I'm in for it in this thread haha.

Mate, no rabs where I'm at and I miss it so much. Had plenty of crab in the NT and now enjoying the kingies and tuna of the north coast of NSW but suffice to say my favouriote is seafood from Coffin Bay.

Kindest regards as always,

Bally

edit on 2-12-2015 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join