It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force drone pilots expose U.S. government of murder.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The process to OK a target is pretty crazy. There are about 50 to 1 that do not happen because something triggers a no go. The hospital was truly terrible, but that was a mistake at the lowest level, and maybe some at mid level in not pushing info faster. In the end the lives can not be taken back and I would be surprised if zero people are punished in some way, but the old saying, the fog of war is ever present. I can tell you the team that did it will be haunted the rest of their lives, so it wasn't a Woop let's go kill some doctors mentality.

Now compare this to Russia that is mass bombing everything that moves with zero coverage. A rather big difference in policies.

edit on 1-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

America, God's bulwark against the globe's evil, and especially it's foolishness. God helped the founders create something that recognized and avoided the worst flaws of the other continents and countries.

Every time you post this comes out:

"Derp Derp"

Even on the rare instance you say something right you make it sound wrong.....

I am showing my Americans friends these posts and they are actually embarrassed for there country......

Luckily I know you don’t speak for all Americans (thank god).

edit on 1-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Well, there probably isn't anybody out there who knowingly wanted to blow up a hospital, killing only doctors and patients, so you have that as a logical reason to stop bellyaching "war crimes !!!".

Some kind of negligence ? Sure, knock yourself out. Remember, it IS war, not some amusement park helicopter doing barrel rolls for paying customers.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: stevieray

Besides discussing the army or certain terms generally, I haven't seen you bring in anything regarding incident itself, only assumptions.
Provide some sources to your claims and we can continue the discussion.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

America, God's bulwark against the globe's evil, and especially it's foolishness. God helped the founders create something that recognized and avoided the worst flaws of the other continents and countries.

Every time you post this comes out:

"Derp Derp"

I am showing my Americans freinds these posts and they are actually embarresed for there country......

Luckly I know you dont speak for all Americans (thank god).

Rule # 1 -

If you can't spell embarrassed, don't use it in a sentence to "slam" somebody else.

Same with friends, luckily, and don't.

I know, I know, spelling police and all that.

But as to preaching your moral or intellectual superiority....don't be illiterate about it.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Its called typing fast on a IPhone (yes we have them outside the USA) while walking.

Plus the ability to have perfect spelling does not make your views on the outside world any less ignorant and backward.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tyrion79

Besides discussing the army or certain terms generally, I haven't seen you bring in anything regarding incident itself, only assumptions.
Provide some sources to your claims and we can continue the discussion.

Your whole position is assumption. You are yelping "war crime !!".

For which there is a massive burden of proof. You've given only generic pap, and anger that everybody doesn't agree.

There is no crime, not according to any rational evidence or proof so far. Only excited yelpers on the internet. There's a tragedy if innocent people died, that's about it.

I don't need to bring sources or proof of anything. It's your party. The law doesn't work that way, lol.

You need to give us the person(s) who knowingly bombed solely staff and patients. End......done....over & out.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I can only imagine the amount of guilt that the pilots and gunners are going through, after they heard what they actually did.
They were following orders at that time.
The questions are, who gave those orders and based on what intel and why wasn't the attack aborted after MSF contacted U.S. officials both in Washington and Kabul.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Its called typing fast on a IPhone (yes we have them outside the USA) while walking.

Plus the ability to have perfect spelling does not make your views on the outside world any less ignorant and backward.

It makes your little sniffling dismissiveness totally embarrassing, though.

I've been to the UK, Korea, Honduras, and all around the US courtesy of the USAF. I eagerly await your resume that is as awesome as your endless recitals here. Something about taking a class ?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I can only imagine the amount of guilt that the pilots and gunners are going through, after they heard what they actually did.
They were following orders at that time.
The questions are, who gave those orders and based on what intel and why wasn't the attack aborted after MSF contacted U.S. officials both in Washington and Kabul.

They probably have some feelings of guilt.....unless they know of enemy combatants in the area, and their actions involved them. Then they probably know full well that what they did was necessary, even if tragic in some ways.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

In that case, matters are really simple.
A U.S. warplane bombed a neutral and known hospital for over an hour, without evidence of it being a legitimate target.
Those are the facts currently.
In my book that constitutes as a war crime and if you think otherwise provide more than your own "generic pap".

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I've been to the UK, Korea, Honduras, and all around the US courtesy of the USAF. I eagerly await your resume that is as awesome as your endless recitals here. Something about taking a class ?

Travelled round 4 states, Japan, North France, Poland ,Belgium, parts of Spain and visited a few places in the Caribbean.

Hold a degree in microbiology, worked a number of years in Pharma, now own a small business.

No I am not military but being military does not by default make you "smart" or "wise".

For someone who travels you sure know # all about the wide world and its history.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Then they probably know full well that what they did was necessary, even if tragic in some ways.

My God... necessary? Really??
Care to explain why on earth this was necessary in your opinion?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

No one gave orders, they mistaken the hospital for the real target, their coordinates were off a little, so poor decision lead them to see the hospital as the target instead. They didn't know it was a hospital at all, and it seems no one else identified it correctly either until it was too late. This is why I'm saying it was mainly a mistake at the crew level. The real target was close to the Hospital though.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Article 19 of the 4th geneva convention excuses the hospital bombing. the DWB were providing support for the enemies of the insurgents/terrorist by patching up and hiding out some of them. and therefore their not protected in that instance. MEdical care is to be neutral and not to help one side or the other.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

They probably have some feelings of guilt.....unless they know of enemy combatants in the area, and their actions involved them. Then they probably know full well that what they did was necessary, even if tragic in some ways.

What they did was not necessary, it was a huge mistake and that is how they see it... geez

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

In this day and age, the fact that their coordinates were "off", especially concerning a warplane is simply no viable excuse.
Besides, that still doesn't explain, why the attack wasn't aborted after MSF contacted U.S. officials and allowed the attack to continue for more than 30 mins.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Travelled round 4 states, Japan, North France, Poland ,Belgium, parts of Spain and visited a few places in the Caribbean.

Hold a degree in microbiology, worked a number of years in Pharma, now own a small business.

No I am not military but being military does not by default make you "smart" or "wise".

For someone who travels you sure know # all about the wide world and its history.

I have no way of knowing how smart you are or aren't. Just commenting on your reliance on "knowing" that whoever disagrees with you is inferior somehow.

Oh, and being so busy on the lecture circuit about the US military, with ZERO seconds of serving anybody's military. That really doesn't work, hope you realize it. Though you certainly have company around here. Part of a grand little crew, lol.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Article 19 of the 4th geneva convention excuses the hospital bombing. the DWB were providing support for the enemies of the insurgents/terrorist by patching up and hiding out some of them. and therefore their not protected in that instance. MEdical care is to be neutral and not to help one side or the other.

True, but this would mean they would need to attack it knowing it was a hospital. It is also against the Geneva Convention to kill civilians, and so I guess for every civilian casualty there should be a court case, and Russia is sure stacking up the numbers right now with their massive bombing. In the end for both cases it needs to be determined if the deaths were the reason for the attack or just results of an attack on something else that is legal to attack.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Then they probably know full well that what they did was necessary, even if tragic in some ways.

My God... necessary? Really??
Care to explain why on earth this was necessary in your opinion?

Read the sentence directly before that one. This will help you to connect.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join