It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force drone pilots expose U.S. government of murder.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: stevieray

It wasn't an "Israel bash", if you read what I WROTE you would see that I was drawing an equivalent with Presidents/PMs and Nobel Peace Prizes.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I worked in the COMSEC vault when I was in the Navy.

You claim to have 20+ experience, yet your writting style suggests you are some bigoted child with.no real world experience.

Please stop flooding this site with bovine feces!

What these Airmen did takes honor, courage, and a strong moral backbone.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Agreed, can be frustrating at times, however that's life...

I would like to know your opinion on the OP, seeing how you are a drone pilot yourself.
I'll regard your thoughts on this alot higher, seeing you have first hand experience in this.
Have you or others you worked with ever had any doubts regarding a target being legit and how do you deal with it?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tyrion79
Have you or others you worked with ever had any doubts regarding a target being legit and how do you deal with it?

Nope not really, I have spent a week on a target with actionable proof it should be taken out to have it called off due to something making it to much of a threat to what is around it. As I said it is like 50 to 1 in cases of go or no go. One time I followed 2 guys on a motor cycle. One guy with a AK that would empty his magazines towards troops and they would then hall ass and repeat. They even stopped at a house and some guy came out with a cell phone to his ear and 5 or 6 magazines to hand to the guys. This went on and they ended up going to a gas station/tea house and walked inside. That was the end of that, everything called off due no longer having them in sight. Losing your target is a big deal and will typically end the engagement. I have 100 other stories just like this in many ways, so I would say that I have had more frustration in not being able to get the bad guy than mistakes.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Thanks for your response, much appreciated.
It seems like alot of certainty is factored in before engaging a target.
I still think it's strange that you hear lots of accounts of civilians being killed because of drones, not counting in the socalled "fog of war".
I assume every incident is carefully evaluated afterwards.
Without going into detail, are there any misinterpretations or mistakes made that you know of and how often does it roughly occur compared to succesful missions?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

You claim to have 20+ experience, yet your writting style suggests you are some bigoted child with.no real world experience.

Really ? My writing is fairly succinct and of reasonable quality.

Yours and that of your little gang in this thread, is full of childish labels and a lot of emotional spasms.

These 4 guys are fine if they've got the goods, and aren't if they don't. So far, I just see opinions that the decision makers "don't care" or "are bad people". Show us where they have a real crime or bad acts documented.

Same little problem with your 4 heroes as we have with the hospital "murders", and all the police "murders"......lots of gyrating anger, very little substance and proof.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Thank you for help keeping the seas safe and showing ATS and the would the USN professionalism.

"Certain" people here must make you facepalm.

Still freedom of speech means freedom for fools to air there views.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

Again the ability to spell 100% correctly first time does not make the automatically content any less stupid and full of BS.
Some of the dumbest people I have meet have perfect spelling and some of the smartest people I met (mainly MD's) have terrible writing skills.

Look at Obama he can articulate well but he is still full of BS!
edit on 1-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

It wasn't an "Israel bash", if you read what I WROTE you would see that I was drawing an equivalent with Presidents/PMs and Nobel Peace Prizes.

Sorry, your graphic seemed to include quite the little Israel bash. My mistake......I guess.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Again the ability to spell 100% correctly first time does not make the content any less stupid and full of BS.
Some of the dumbest people I have meet have perfect spelling and some of the smartest people I met (mainly MD's) have terrible writing skills.

Well, I'm a good writer and I am the most intelligent person you'll meet today. Thank me very much.

One thing you'll notice eventually is the more excited (or angry) you get, the more creative my hyperbole may get.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
If you were truly nth times wiser than the poster you were refering to a few pages ago, and truly the 'most intelligent' person one would meet, then you would.not need to declare yourself so. True intelligence and wisdom speaks for itself.

I brought up the DWB attack because I thought it was a drone strike and I was mistaken, however it was a war crime by any reasonable standards.

The rest of the world is getting fed up with the actions of the US oligarchy. Blind patriotism and blindly supporting war crimes and needless killingdoes not help our already tarnished reputation as US citizens.

We need to let the rest of the world know the average citizen does not support war crimes and needless strikes that kill civilians.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Well, I'm a good writer

Yes you are.

and I am the most intelligent person you'll meet today. Thank me very much.

Well I did spend most the day among petri dishes full of Bacteria so you may be correct on that. Barely.

One thing you'll notice eventually is the more excited (or angry) you get, the more creative my hyperbole may get.

And the more sarcastic I become

edit on 1-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Well, I'm a good writer

Yes you are.

Well I did spend most the day among petri dishes full of Bacteria so you may be correct on that. Barely.

You seem like a nice feller. I thinks I likes you.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

If you were truly nth times wiser than the poster you were refering to a few pages ago, and truly the 'most intelligent' person one would meet, then you would.not need to declare yourself so. True intelligence and wisdom speaks for itself.

I brought up the DWB attack because I thought it was a drone strike and I was mistaken, however it was a war crime by any reasonable standards.

The rest of the world is getting fed up with the actions of the US oligarchy. Blind patriotism and blindly supporting war crimes and needless killingdoes not help our already tarnished reputation as US citizens.

We need to let the rest of the world know the average citizen does not support war crimes and needless strikes that kill civilians.

You....bleh.

Still with the certainty that anybody "cool and awesome" will agree with you, and anyone who doesn't is either "stewpid or eeevil".

You're just like the cop haters. Don't care about the actual details, proof, evidence....just your knee-jerk angry typical position, that you apply to every case regardless of whether it fits.

link   

Well, I'm a good writer

Yes you are.

I always win people around on ATS

link   

Well, I'm a good writer

Yes you are.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

What the # crack are you smoking? There is no such thing as giving up your rights. Rights are inherent and merely illustrated in the constitution. You cna no more give up your rights as you can continue living without oxygen.

You can be prevented from exercising your rights, but becoming a member of the armed forces gives you no special priveleges nor does it prevent you from having any rights. Any UCMJ laws that are unconstitutional are no more enforceable than civilian laws that are unconstitutional.

Jaden

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Well, I'm a good writer

Yes you are.

DO i detect the start of a bromance? joke joke!! dont hit me.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: dragonridr

What the # crack are you smoking? There is no such thing as giving up your rights. Rights are inherent and merely illustrated in the constitution. You cna no more give up your rights as you can continue living without oxygen.

You can be prevented from exercising your rights, but becoming a member of the armed forces gives you no special priveleges nor does it prevent you from having any rights. Any UCMJ laws that are unconstitutional are no more enforceable than civilian laws that are unconstitutional.

Jaden

This is a statement from someone who's only experience with the military is call of duty. Becoming a member of the us military you give up rights afforded to you under the Constitution and agree to place yourself under UCMJ this gives the military complete control of you. They can take over your finances demanding you pay someone. Can hold you without trial and can even ban you from expressing your freedom of speech. For example many military personnel were banned from using Facebook after incidents occured. You don't argue you have the right you take down your face book page or you loose money with article 14 or end up in leavenworth.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Well, I'm a good writer

Yes you are.

DO i detect the start of a bromance? joke joke!! dont hit me.

But may we hit ON you ? wheeeeeeeeee !!

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join