It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force drone pilots expose U.S. government of murder.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
Striking a known hospital is WAR CRIME!

Dont prentend they didn't know it was a hospital.

It freaking amazes me that some will defend this kind of murder, more than amazement, I am truly disturbed that one will go thru a mental gymnastics routine in order to justify BOMBING A HOSPITAL!

International Humanitarian Law specifically prohibits military attacks on medical personnel and units. The Fourth Geneva Convention specifies in Article 20 that “Persons regularly and solely engaged in the operation and administration of civilian hospitals… shall be respected and protected.” Other articles forbid the destruction, closure (whether temporary or permanent), or knowing interruption of the supply of food, water, medicines, or electricity to civilian hospitals and clinics. Article 19 notes that protection of civilian hospitals and mobile or permanent units may be forfeited if “they are used to commit, outside their humanitarian duties, acts harmful to the enemy.

edit on 30-11-2015 by jrod because: ps, I see guys on the low end of the totem.pole being punished...business as usual and the top brass will act like they had no clue.

edit on 30-11-2015 by jrod because: add link

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

It freaking amazes me that some will defend this kind of murder, more than amazement, I am truly disturbed that one will go thru a mental gymnastics routine in order to justify BOMBING A HOSPITAL!

International Humanitarian Law specifically prohibits military attacks on medical personnel and units. The Fourth Geneva Convention specifies in Article 20 that “Persons regularly and solely engaged in the operation and administration of civilian hospitals… shall be respected and protected.” Other articles forbid the destruction, closure (whether temporary or permanent), or knowing interruption of the supply of food, water, medicines, or electricity to civilian hospitals and clinics. Article 19 notes that protection of civilian hospitals and mobile or permanent units may be forfeited if “they are used to commit, outside their humanitarian duties, acts harmful to the enemy.

Air strike was called in by afgan forces us pilot came on to the scene and attacked. Had he known it was a hospital and had he been targeting the doctor's and not the rebels that were there you might have a case. Unfortunately the pilot was not sent to attack the doctor's because if they knew that the attack wouldn't have taken place. The person that would have been tried for a war crime would have been the pilot. So if you have any evidence the pilot was aware he struck a hospital and you can show there were no terrorists in the area id be happy to see the evidence.

Until you can prove these two things all your doing is blowing smoke. Again read what constitutes a war crime I won't repost it just scroll up. But key is the term willful the pilot had to take willful action with the specific purpose of killing the doctors. I highly doubt the pilot would do that unless he had some deep hatred of doctors without borders. See I don't believe the pilot knew that was a field hospital id like to think the pilot made a mistake do to the circumstances of being called in to strike the rebels the a gab troops were fighting. But again if you can prove he had this vendetta I'm all ears.
edit on 11/30/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Care to present any evidence that there were terrorist(or enemy combatants since terrorist is truly a vague term) in said Doctors Without Borders hospital, and there presence was a threat?

Burden of proof is not on me to prove there were no terrorists in the hospital. You are asking me to prove the impossible.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is the hospital was clearly marked with the red cross and the GPS coordinates were given to the proper authorities.

edit on 30-11-2015 by jrod because: blowing smoke is all you are doing here!

edit on 1-12-2015 by jrod because: r

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Care to present any evidence that there were terrorist(or enemy combatants since terrorist is truly a vague term) in said Doctors Without Borders hospital, and there presence was a threat?

Burden of proof is not on me to prove there were no terrorists in the hospital. You are asking me to prove the impossible.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is the hospital was clearly marked with the red cross and the GPS coordinates were given to the proper authorities.

No the hospital wasn't marked had it been they wouldn't have mistaken it for the NDS building. That building was over run by Taliban fighters. It is 500 meters north east of the hospital. The mistake occurred because the crew of the c 130 thought they identified the correct building obviously they didn't. They went off a description given by afgan troops and were not even aware there was a hospital in the area since they were called in from another area and had not received any briefings. I'm sure the guys aboard that c130 were shocked when they found out. But apparently you know differently your accusing them of knowing hitting a hospital which they know is an unlawful order. I'm sure you can tell me why they would do that and present something since you seem to think it's a war crime and a deliberate act on them to kill the doctors.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tyrion79
a reply to: crazyewok

American chauvinism has no boundaries, it sickens me to the bone at times.
Time to deflate the bubble of false ego's being displayed here and elsewhere.

Least we know the truth right

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
More smoke and utter BS from you! Its as if you ignore the information presented and create your own narrative that conceals what is known about the Doctors Without Borders hospital strike.

The hospital was clearly marked!

KABUL – The U.S. military aircraft that attacked an Afghan hospital over the weekend made at least five passes over it dropping explosives, even though two flags draped across the roof of the building marked it as a medical facility, hospital officials said Thursday.

www.ocregister.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

again as you fail to understand if you join the military you are expected to kill if you are asked/ordered to

All you know about the military is what you have seen in movies and on tv. In the real military you have every right to refuse to kill anyone if it goes against the constitution or the Geneva convention.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: saadad
a reply to: Reverbs

I hope this guys were smart and withdraw all the money from bank before they whistleblow.

In other words, never keep your money on bank. If you need to keep some money on bank, keep the minimum that you really need. The rest keep in the mattes.

The odds are, what?, 50-50 that they got their money before 'coming out'...likely off-shore.....

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

You sign an agreement which changes your rights. You no longer fall under the Constitution you bind yourself to UNIFORM CODE OF MILITARY JUSTICE.

You are partially right your rights are changed but you still have to follow the constitution just as the UCMJ has to follow the Constitution.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

No the hospital wasn't marked had it been they wouldn't have mistaken it for the NDS building. That building was over run by Taliban fighters. It is 500 meters north east of the hospital. The mistake occurred because the crew of the c 130 thought they identified the correct building obviously they didn't. They went off a description given by afgan troops and were not even aware there was a hospital in the area since they were called in from another area and had not received any briefings. I'm sure the guys aboard that c130 were shocked when they found out. But apparently you know differently your accusing them of knowing hitting a hospital which they know is an unlawful order. I'm sure you can tell me why they would do that and present something since you seem to think it's a war crime and a deliberate act on them to kill the doctors.

How do you explain this then?

The bombing took place despite the fact that MSF had provided the GPS coordinates of the trauma hospital to Coalition and Afghan military and civilian officials as recently as Tuesday, September 29, to avoid that the hospital be hit. As is routine practice for MSF in conflict areas, MSF had communicated the exact location of the hospital to all parties to the conflict.

Excerpt taken from their statement on their own website, after the attack.
MSF Demands Explanations After Deadly Airstrikes Hit Hospital in Kunduz

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

You sign an agreement which changes your rights. You no longer fall under the Constitution you bind yourself to UNIFORM CODE OF MILITARY JUSTICE.

You are partially right your rights are changed but you still have to follow the constitution just as the UCMJ has to follow the Constitution.

No, you actually don't have to follow the constitution. In peace-time / workday-office environments, you do. In combat, absolutely not. A combatant has the authority to kill enemies, civilians, and even his own people as the situation dictates. Someone in a leadership role can shoot his own people, IF.....he can prove later that this person was putting everybody else in their unit in danger. Big IF. But it happens.

This could happen to you if you join up and go to the war, and refuse to take action that an authorized leader tells to you to, with just a silly notion that you don't like it or don't feel like it. If your refusals make it possible that your unit will lose the battle and Americans will get killed, whoever's in charge can pull their sidearm and put a round in you. They'll face an inquiry where they'll need to produce witnesses, just as anybody claiming "unlawful orders" would have to.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: stuthealien

again as you fail to understand if you join the military you are expected to kill if you are asked/ordered to

All you know about the military is what you have seen in movies and on tv. In the real military you have every right to refuse to kill anyone if it goes against the constitution or the Geneva convention.

All I know about the military is 22 years of serving.

You are 100% wrong. See post above.

You give up many constitutional rights in the military. Claiming ignorance of this after you join up....doesn't really work.

Commanders and other leaders can put you directly in a military jail. Tell you where you can or can't hang around downtown. Punish you for acting the fool in uniform. Or shoot your butt in combat. No civilian / constitutional debates. You can get a lawyer if you want, but this will get you nothing unless you have the most egregious proof of corruption and can prove it readily.

The military exists to destroy things and kill people. It has it's own justice system because combat can not be interfered with, by a bunch of ninnies bitching and whining and moaning and crying, and refusing to fight the war.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

How do you explain this then?

The bombing took place despite the fact that MSF had provided the GPS coordinates of the trauma hospital to Coalition and Afghan military and civilian officials as recently as Tuesday, September 29, to avoid that the hospital be hit. As is routine practice for MSF in conflict areas, MSF had communicated the exact location of the hospital to all parties to the conflict.

Excerpt taken from their statement on their own website, after the attack.
MSF Demands Explanations After Deadly Airstrikes Hit Hospital in Kunduz

You have to prove that the pilot(s) were given the info before attacking. If they say that enemies were seen or reported, you'll need to disprove this. People fighting a war aren't on call to disprove your various stories.

You can't can't just claim that somebody said something to somebody. That accomplishes absolutely nothing.

Why is this so difficult ? Are logic and reason, accuracy and honesty, totally defunct anymore ?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

You are absolutely pretending that they knew.

It's your mental gymnastics that are on full display, seeing as how you have zero credible, logical explanations of your claim.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

a reply to: crazyewok

American chauvinism has no boundaries, it sickens me to the bone at times.
Time to deflate the bubble of false ego's being displayed here and elsewhere.

Least we know the truth right

haha, looks like a lot of effort to emerge from behind an inferiority complex.

Don't worry, we will help you again in the next few years when your muslims are exerting as much pressure internally as the nazis did externally. And you are beyond helping yourselves. Shoot, we'll help all of europe as well.

That's who we were. We'll forgive and forget, just like Churchill. The "smart & cool boys" of the times hated him with a passion for many years, then begged him to save them at the darkest hour.....then went back to hating and insulting him after they were saved by him. Go figure, only a forensic psychiatrist could explain it.

America, God's bulwark against the globe's evil, and especially it's foolishness. God helped the founders create something that recognized and avoided the worst flaws of the other continents and countries.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: stevieray
You are describing yourself...ZERO credibility. What you have proven is you are a bigot who blindly defends war crimes, police brutality, and floods controversial threads with your version of facts.

Regardless of my credibility, I relayed pertinent information regarding the DWB attack.

Never did I mention the pilots being at fault. kinda tough to see a target when one is in a fast moving aircraft, however someone with some brass ordered the strike despite the plethora of intel that the target was a hospital. That is a war crime!

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

If they say that enemies were seen or reported, you'll need to disprove this.

Why don't YOU provide proof that enemies WERE seen, instead of dismissing the MSF release of Internal Review.

The document, part of an ongoing review of events undertaken by MSF, is based upon sixty debriefings of MSF national and international employees who worked at the 140-bed trauma center, internal and public information, before and after photographs of the hospital, email correspondence, and telephone call records.

So far I have yet to see a logical and reasonable response from you, so I encourage you to try harder.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Never did I mention the pilots being at fault. kinda tough to see a target when one is in a fast moving aircraft, however someone with some brass ordered the strike despite the plethora of intel that the target was a hospital. That is a war crime!

Exactly and the attack even went on for 30 minutes AFTER MSF had contacted U.S. officials about the bombing of the hospital and can easily be verified.

The attacks took place despite the fact that MSF had provided the GPS coordinates of the trauma hospital to the US Department of Defense, Afghan Ministry of Interior and Defense, and US Army in Kabul as recently as Tuesday, September 29. The attack continued for more than 30 minutes after we first informed Resolute Support and US military officials in Kabul and Washington that it was a hospital being hit.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

You are describing yourself...ZERO credibility. What you have proven is you are a bigot who blindly defends war crimes, police brutality, and floods controversial threads with your version of facts.

Regardless of my credibility, I relayed pertinent information regarding the DWB attack.

Come on, buddy. A little less "I know you are but what am I". The adults beg of you.......

I'll put my 22 years up against your wiki-cosmic-PhD any day.

If you can't blame the actual shooters, you've got nothing. At that point you're trying to accuse random people who had random conversations at random times. Good luck with that. Hell, if we can't even get Hillary for her fully documented refusals to provide security, give aid to people being attacked, and tell the truth to the American public.....where are you gonna find the smoking gun on this ? Ridiculous.

Not a war crime, lmao. That's a fun term to throw about, and howl about, I'm sure. Just like "AUTOMATIC WEAPON !!!". When it's never even true, lol.

You guys operate in such a typical template, it's embarrassing.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Well, you'd better tell us who this "brass" is lol. That's another incredibly fun term to throw out.

Sometimes things happen in the fog of war. Pilots with split second decisions based on the best info available that moment. Knowledge doesn't exist in a wonderful unicorn fart that permeates everybody, for all time. Sometimes it's in one place, and people are shooting somewhere else.

More pollyanna bellyaching and fingerpointing. wah-wah boo-hoo I hate you you're a jerky jerk.

Glad we have reliable men to actually serve and fight.
edit on 1-12-2015 by stevieray because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join