It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives Matter Protesters Were Just Shot by White Supremacists

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: [post=20070020]Boadicea]

No, what you're saying is not true. Not as many posts have refused to question the peaceful nature of the protests, indeed most have done so (as I said).

First, I'm not going to tally every response in order to calculate exact percentages, so I will accept your quantifications for the sake of this conversation; regardless, my point is that just as some immediately questioned the "peacefulness" with little to no direct reason, so too did others assume the "peacefulness" and refuse to question otherwise. As it turned out, while the rally as a whole was peaceful, and has been by all accounts I've read, these particular rallyers in this particular situation were not. Don't you think that's important to recognize and note, both for the sake of those involved in this altercation, and for the sake of the BLM protest as a whole? I have no respect nor trust for those directing the BLM movement; but I do have respect for those BLM members just trying to fight the good fight. They deserve better.

No one has argued anything in the rest of your hackneyed example or you would have quoted it.

Hmmm... well, it would seem I argued it, and I do believe it's still okay for me to have my own original thoughts... but since you didn't quote me, I guess I'll just have to dismiss it as a hackneyed example

When you're bored with nailing up strawmen, let me know.

Or not, good with that too.

Oh dear... since I have absolutely no idea what you mean by that, it will probably be a while... probably quite a while... perhaps never! So glad that won't be a problem for ya -- whew!
edit on 24-11-2015 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Do you have some evidence that the BLM protestors fired on the group of masked shooters?

Did BLM accost these poor men who happened to show up at a protest in masks with firearms with other deadly force?

Why was this group of armed individuals in this place at this time? Happenstance?

Any evidence or even logic is appreciated.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Obama's commie err community organized racists got attacked by other racists.

Hate begets hate.

ALL LIVES MATTER

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

originally posted by: ghostrager
a reply to: deadeyedick

Here's a Gawker story with the overview of the thread:

Gawker

Thanks again for the link.
As far as I read it is not known that any white supremacist shot anyone. Now if we see these two wannabee power rangers having online links to the ones arrested then the case could be made. I read of a couple idiots trying to stir up crap but to no avail. I have never heard of their slurs they used and they seem to be very fake if not plants.

If the black lives matter movement does not amend their racist self givin label that screams that no lives matter except blacks then it will just get worse and worse.

BLM are race baiting supremacist that one can not logically defend their blatant divisiveness.

I really wonder if they realize how many millions of people that they are alienating by not creating a system of change that could be embraced by all colors of people?

blm2 then you might even get me out there protesting with them but I have a conscious I have to deal with.

I guess all they have to do is go back to when the guy was first born and see if they can find any picture whatsoever of him being in the same vicinity of a Confederate Flag. That's an automatic white supremacist racist bigot full of hatred maker.

LOLS!

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

a reply to: deadeyedick

So the shooters in ski masks were there making overtures of unity???

Source?

Are you talking about the blm in masks or the others in mask?

source for what and you know better.lol

black lives matter are black supremacist by definition of the name and there actions just add to the fire.

that is why I say you can not unite people by stepping on the heads of everyone else

tell me where is the unity they are seeking?

chanting black power is no different than chanting white power.

you know I seen this racial storm coming a while back and even warned that the actions of the group would fuel the kkk.

if we continue to support a divisive message then it will get much worse.

I have said it before but if a white person sees any need for the group then there is no way to support a group that seeks to separate.

what kinda of idiots expect us to state that lives of one group matters but then turn around and express hate for saying any other type of lives matter. it is time they find some logic in their efforts.

wearing a hood does not equate to being a supremacist

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
This is gonna be good, but but but they dont like us, there thugs, there so racist.

Excuses in coming in 3 2 1 ...

Murika heck yea
as someone who fought for "Murika" let me be just be the first to say why don't you go plug your tiny America hating genitals into the nearest wall outlet.

This was the best part... "there thugs, there so racist."

Looks like someone could use a little more brain power to sharpen skills in English class instead of being a hippy.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

a reply to: LSU0408

Lol ... Not surprised you're attacking them.

What about the other 803 articles? They all have some meaningless fault as well?

You asked for evidence. I gave you reams of it. Now you drop to silly ad hom.

I thanked you for them. I'm not reading through 804 articles, no matter how gracious you were to type in the Google link. I got it, the police were on the lookout for 3 white suspects, but now only one since they found one of the Hispanics.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: LSU0408

im beginning to question your critical faculties.

you are pointing out how the race of the men involved was reported erroneously and ignorantly as a race bait, yet quick to 'bet' 90% of the BLM 'dont work'. wow...

how is this less ignorant than saying 2 white suspect and of the two one was hispanic...
you seem to feel strongly about this topic when people get shot at while protesting, what's your stance here? its ok they got shot because they're associated with BLM, what if it was teachers protesting and were shot at, would you sing a different tune, would it be wrong then... or is it the fact that you simply dislike BLM as an organization/people.

BLM movement agree or disagree wth them, is a movement to expose how blacks are treated still in era, or is it all just lies... blacks dont get treated differently by police or otherwise?
mayye there isnt racism in america, maybe black people are just exaggerating. maybe church shootings, racially motivated killing sprees and vandalism, or police videos of trigger happy LEOs, bias judgment in the legal and financial system, hundreds of KKK chapters, are all just false flags and staged, maybe all these things a thing of the late 1800-early 1900s; certainly not in 2015.

So wait, are we allowed to speculate, or aren't we? I'm just giving my own personal opinion about a movement that has to be funded from an outside source to survive. Why would they need outside funding from George Soros if they had their own money for their own movement?

The article I quoted said the police were looking for three white suspects, but now are only looking for one since they caught one unnamed race, and one Hispanic.

I hate all racist organizations, so you can chalk my opinion of BLM up under hate. Hate for the hate groups.

I don't approve of anyone getting shot at. In the midst of your outcry about what white people do, you forgot to mention all the murders blacks commit in the inner cities, and all those historically black churches in South Carolina that were being burned down by a black man, and people like Sharmeeka Lott, who carved racial slurs on her car just before she doused herself in gasoline and set herself ablaze, only to call 911 and report having been attacked and beaten and set on fire by 3 white guys in hoods. False flags huh, staged indeed.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Hate begets hate.

ALL LIVES MATTER

Obviously, you don't understand the root of BLM. The root, the true meaning of BLM is simply that Black Lives Matter (as much as White/every other life)

Now, there are some racists within the group. A lot of the rioters aren't even part of the movement, but simply criminals taking advantage of the situation.

White Supremacists are all racists with no cause, only hate. They are the bad guys here, period. There isn't a debate to be had.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Do you have some evidence that the BLM protestors fired on the group of masked shooters?

Huh??? Never claimed such... never thought such. There are reports that the BLM protesters initiated the confrontation, threatened/attempted to assault the men by forcibly removing their "masks", and literally chased them from the rally in order to so assault them. The protesters were ready, willing and able to use physical force against those men... and those men were ready, willing and able to use physical force against them. Pot meet kettle.

Did BLM accost these poor men who happened to show up at a protest in masks with firearms with other deadly force?

They sure tried.

Why was this group of armed individuals in this place at this time? Happenstance?

The $64,000 question, eh? Were they there as fellow rallyers with the best of intentions, as I've seen at least one report? I guess it's possible... but I don't know. Were they there for curiosity's sake? I seriously doubt it... but I don't know. Were they White supremacists there to cause trouble? Could be... but I don't know. Were they paid rabble rousers? Even worse, taxpayer funded undercover law enforcement agent provacateurs? Maybe... but I don't know.

We need to know. As much as I'd like to believe that their intentions were pure and noble, I don't. I also wonder what they may have done previously to provoke the confrontation, including possible criminal acts. Perhaps nothing, but there were other White people there, and it was pretty darn cold so I would expect that many people wore protection from the weather, which makes me wonder why these White folks were singled out. (Some of these questions may have been answered since I read the original news reports. I should probably get myself up to speed, eh?)

Whatever these White guys did or did not do, it does not relieve the BLM guys of responsibility for what they did. It just makes them all guilty of bad behavior.

Any evidence or even logic is appreciated.

Oh no... Why do I have this awful sinking feeling that my above comments will not meet your standard of evidence or logic???

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: THEatsking

what about black supremacist?

are they not equally divisive?

why do they become irate if someone mentions that all lives matter?
that is a statement placing all lives at the same level yet that is rejected

edit on 24-11-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

The root of the group isn't black supremacy. It is the acknowledgement that blacks are oppressed (True, and advanced statistics prove it).
Yes, a black supremacist is just as bad as a white supremacist.

But BLM, the root of it, isn't even.

The root of white supremacy is evil.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

excuses

they carry out all the actions of a hate group

the way they deliver the message is divisive and does not allow for people to join them unless those that join will submit.

they segregate themselves by color and chant blackpower while exposing hate for others of different skin color but I guess since they also make the claim that they want equality then many will write them off as just being still angry because of slavery. as if there is an acceptable excuse for hate

they fit the bill of a hate group as much as any other group out fighting to become superior to everyone and destroying the institutions that has made this country great.

wtf is everyone gonna say if I mount up in a public building and tell everyone that is not the same color of me to go pound sand cause this is my safe space and I am healing.?

there core message is not about the corporations that enslave us all but it is about the fact that some rich white men are running most of the business.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: THEatsking

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Hate begets hate.

ALL LIVES MATTER

Obviously, you don't understand the root of BLM. The root, the true meaning of BLM is simply that Black Lives Matter (as much as White/every other life)

Now, there are some racists within the group. A lot of the rioters aren't even part of the movement, but simply criminals taking advantage of the situation.

White Supremacists are all racists with no cause, only hate. They are the bad guys here, period. There isn't a debate to be had.

Wouldn't they have to be in the picture before they could be the bad guys in this story? Geez, don't you people care about facts at all?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

The root of the group isn't black supremacy. It is the acknowledgement that blacks are oppressed (True, and advanced statistics prove it).

Yeah, ha, so oppressed they have more privileges than any other race... Poor things.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

excuses

they carry out all the actions of a hate group

the way they deliver the message is divisive and does not allow for people to join them unless those that join will submit.

they segregate themselves by color and chant blackpower while exposing hate for others of different skin color but I guess since they also make the claim that they want equality then many will write them off as just being still angry because of slavery. as if there is an acceptable excuse for hate

they fit the bill of a hate group as much as any other group out fighting to become superior to everyone and destroying the institutions that has made this country great.

wtf is everyone gonna say if I mount up in a public building and tell everyone that is not the same color of me to go pound sand cause this is my safe space and I am healing.?

there core message is not about the corporations that enslave us all but it is about the fact that some rich white men are running most of the business.

Nail on the head... And they're funded by a rich white guy, ironically.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Yeah, ha, so oppressed they have more privileges than any other race... Poor things.
That simply isn't true. Look up Benjamin Studebaker's blog.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I just found this at the NY Times:

Carrie Brown, Martin’s cousin, lives down the street from the precinct house and said she and others were cooking dinner for the protesters when “these four white guys walked up … They had masks and they had a briefcase. I thought they were there to donate [something].”

Brown said that someone in the crowd pointed the men out as suspected agitators and the crowd started to chase them away, heading north on Morgan Avenue.

The men got as far as an alley just north of the precinct house when they started shooting, Brown said. “When we turned around they started to shoot at us from behind,” Brown said.

If the bolded (by me) part is true, that's what will convict them. I expect them to claim self-defense, based on being chased and the threats to their persons, but if they shot after the protestors stopped chasing and while some/most of their backs were turned, then I hope they're charged with attempted murder. As a rule, there's no good reason for shooting anyone in the back.

Neither is there any good reason for threatening/attempting to assault anyone's person... nor to chase people down to do so. The BLM protesters should also be charged for their contributions to the situation.

Interesting also that the reports are of one White and one Hispanic being arrested. Not sure what to make of it, but it doesn't follow the typical profile of White supremacists....

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

that account is confusing.

the person is cooking then sees masked men then sees masked men getting chased then sees masked men shooting at the cook in the back?

I guess they were cooking then began to chase the masked men and somehow was shot at in the back as they chased them away?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: stolencar18

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
More apologism for racially motivated white on black crime.

Someone tell these #ing freaks that blacks are no longer considered 3/5ths of a person and they're 1st Amendment right to protest is valid.

#ing apologists everywhere this morning.

This is bull#. You know it is too. Nothing here from anyone is saying blacks are less than whites. If anything, blacks are saying whites are less than blacks (but that's ok right?).

I don't see any apologists. I see blind people like you and others who refuse to admit that the BLM movement is teeming with racist black people who want the world handed to them on a platter.

I don't apologize for the anti-BLM stance I have. I embrace it. I'm JUST as entitled to my rights as they are and for them to infringe on others rights is criminal.

Oh...it's ok though because they're actually retaliating for racist crimes against black people from decades before they were born. My bad.

(and before you jump in with a pitchfork crying like a banshee, yes, there is still racism, but it's not just on blacks. I'd wager there is just as much anti-white racism in the world now)

There is much more racism by blacks. They're openly taught to hate whites, and whites are openly taught to feel guilty and to embrace the hatred they receive from blacks, because it's all their fault. I'm 36, and I can remember when blacks and whites were equal. I still remember blacks crying over not being in as many commercials as whites, and movies, etc. 3/4ths of my friends in High School were black, I played baseball and other sports with them. We all got along, nobody was called racist for telling them no or disapproving of something they did. The majority of today's generation of youth have been taught to be offended by everything they disagree with, and pull the race card, and hate the cops, and feel guilty for something that happened 150 years ago, and the list goes on. I'm with you, I embrace my anti-BLM stance as well, and I don't care what people think about it. I think BLM is a progressive movement funded by a POS loser and they are a waste of good oxygen. Oh, and I'd be willing to bet that 90% of them don't work, but that's none of my damn business.

There is a lot of very cutting edge truth here that needs to become main stream. It's tough though because so many of us were basically brainwashed to hate ourselves and other white people. This is not a popular notion, but I believe it is the truth. I used to be one of those ultra liberal, self hating whites. I remember thinking to myself, "the only people who have been mean to me is white people, so screw them", as if I'm not white myself. It's strange, but I think it effects way more people than most are willing to admit.
edit on 24-11-2015 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join