It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Terrorists take 170 hostage incl. French military personnel, US & Chinese citizens in Mali

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
More info on releases. 2 Russians and 7 Algerians released. Once again we have only French citizens remaining.
edit on 20/11/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

To add:

14:37
French special forces have now arrived at the hotel, AFP reports citing the French defence ministry.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
So with some of the gunmen killed I guess its safe to say they aren't strapped with explosives? Hostages "rushing" them might be an option.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

Were they released, escaped..or rescued?
edit on 20-11-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

No, Dioncounda Traore did request military assistance from France 3 years ago in order to fight against al qaeda.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
AQ just took responsibility for the attack.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: asen_y2k

Were they released, escaped..or rescued?

Mixed. Now we have 2 Germans who 'escaped', according to The Guardian.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
BTW, love the BBC "live reporting" site...

14:51
There were 170 people at the hotel in Mali's capital Bamako when it was attacked this morning.

We're slowly getting more information about who was there this morning:

30 were hotel staff
20 were Indians
10 were Chinese
Seven Algerians, six of whom were diplomats
Six were Turkish airline staff
Two were Moroccans
Two were Russians working for Ulyanovsk airline
Guinean singer Sekouba Bambino was there
An unknown number of French, including 12 Air France crew
US citizens are suspected to have been in the hotel
Some of the above have managed to escape but 138 people are still trapped in the building as security forces more floor to floor.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Hostage update: What we know so far according to BBC

There were 170 people at the hotel in Mali's capital Bamako when it was attacked this morning.

We're slowly getting more information about who was there this morning:

30 were hotel staff
20 were Indians
10 were Chinese
Seven Algerians, six of whom were diplomats
Six were Turkish airline staff
Two were Moroccans
Two were Russians working for Ulyanovsk airline
Guinean singer Sekouba Bambino was there
An unknown number of French, including 12 Air France crew
US citizens are suspected to have been in the hotel
Some of the above have managed to escape but 138 people are still trapped in the building as security forces more floor to floor.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Where did you see that? I'm hesitant to even visit any official AQ website

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k
Breaking: 80 hostages freed.

So around 90 more to go. Hoping for the best! But I think all the important hostages, i.e French and American are kept seperately.

why dont they just shoot the hostages
ive never understoof like in australia why they keep the hostages alive
you are going to be stormed anyway by the police eventually and overpowered
if your going to shoot the hostages, just shoot them!

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: lamplighters

originally posted by: asen_y2k
Breaking: 80 hostages freed.

So around 90 more to go. Hoping for the best! But I think all the important hostages, i.e French and American are kept seperately.

why dont they just shoot the hostages
ive never understoof like in australia why they keep the hostages alive
you are going to be stormed anyway by the police eventually and overpowered
if your going to shoot the hostages, just shoot them!

That condition of the hostages at this moment is unknown. You see the terrorists have barricaded themselves along with the hostages. Maybe they are all dead, or maybe there is no one there. We will know nothing till the special forces reach the room and open the doors.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
BBC:

North African jihadist group claims responsibility for hotel attack

The Reuters news agency is reporting that the jihadist group al-Murabitoun has claimed responsibility for the attack on the Radisson Blu hotel in Mali's capital, Bamako. It made the announcement on its Twitter account, Reuters says, but the claim could not be verified. Al-Murabitoun is made up of two groups which broke away from a North African branch of al-Qaeda.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: lamplighters

True, it is confusing. Sometimes these fanatical, religious hostage takers seem to have no end-game. No realistic demands (if any demands) ... just publicity and dying. Perhaps they get there, get control and hesitate about the killing part? Mostly these are young, brainwashed people and not the "leaders"

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
From The Guardian:

An unconfirmed report on a local radio station says 15 people were killed in the attack. Mikado FM cited a civil protection official as a source.

Here’s a bit more information about Al-Mourabitoun, the African jihadist group affiliated with al Qaeda which has claimed responsibility for the Mali hotel attack. Al-Mourabitoun, based in northern Mali, is made up mostly of Tuaregs and Arabs. It was formed around two years ago and is headed by former al Qaeda fighter Mokhtar Belmokhtar. The group claimed responsibility for the death of five people last March in an attack on a restaurant in Bamako; a suicide attack on a group of UN peacekeepers in northern Mali in April in which at least three people died; and an attack on a hotel in Sévaré in central Mali in August in which 17 people were killed.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Important updates:

-A Belgian national is reportedly among the dead (AFP reports).

-security source who reports that 18 people have been killed in the attack (AFP reports)

-AFP reports that there are no more hostages being held in the hotel.

-Latest: But there are reports on Twitter that hostages still remain on the site.

-The US Embassy in Mali's capital, Bamako, has on its Facebook page repeated its advice to US citizens for people to stay indoors as the "security incident" is still "ongoing".

Very confusing situation.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Stupid
they could have killed 170
and instead only killed 7
i never understand hostage takers why not just shoot them all when you have the chance!

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Hey guys didn't you read skeptic overlord thread? Even if this is once again Muslims killing innocent people it's Not all Muslims. You need to listen to Overlord and be more worried about hurting Muslims feelings and less concerned about them killing you. Internet message board owners and poor democrats know more than we could s we hope to.

Carry on Muslims. If you want to have sex with my wife I'm also a cuckold let me know.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Breaking: All hostages freed! Now can someone count all the people freed, and we will get a clearer picture.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: lamplighters
Stupid
they could have killed 170
and instead only killed 7
i never understand hostage takers why not just shoot them all when you have the chance!

I find your posts disturbing. Almost a disappointment on you part, at the lack of more hostages being
slaughtered.

JMOHO....very disturbing...

Des

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Hey des good to see you! Long time no see where have you been? Are you doing ok?
Anyway I agree 100% that post was distasteful and wrong no matter which way you slice it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join