It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Terrorists take 170 hostage incl. French military personnel, US & Chinese citizens in Mali

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   

A 190-room luxury Radisson hotel in Bamako, Mali, West Africa, is reportedly under attack from jihadists. Shooting and blasts are heard, and a hostage situation is under way, a security source tells AFP. Witnesses at the scene have reported that the attackers arrived in a diplomatic vehicle, and are now “walking quietly” around seven stories of the hotel. “It’s happening on the seventh floor, the jihadists are now shooting in the corridor,” the security source also said.

Among the hostages are US, French and Chinese citizens, according to media reports. Some reports suggest they include French military, Air France employees and Thales [major electronic systems company working in defense and aerospace] personnel.

BBC live updates

Link (RT)

Visit the link for pics.
edit on 20/11/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
More info coming in:

"As per our information the persons who have entered the building and have initiated the hostage-taking have locked the property, so it is not locked by police or other forces," the spokesperson added according to NBC News.

It's not clear who's behind the Mali attack but the AFP news agency is quoting a source describing the gunmen as "jihadists".

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

"It's all happening on the seventh floor, jihadists are firing in the corridor," a security source told AFP.

Witnesses say the police have surrounded the hotel and are blocking roads leading into the neighbourhood.

The Rezidor Hotel Group, which owns the Radisson Blu, said it was aware of "the hostage-taking that is ongoing at the property today".

"As per our information two persons have locked in 140 guests and 30 employees," AFP quotes its statement as saying.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

How do they know the numbers? It seems rather specific for an ongoing situation.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

How do they know the numbers? It seems rather specific for an ongoing situation.

I think this started sometime earky but just now being broken by the company which owns the Radisson Hotel.

Check out the pics in RT, looks like the police have already responded. I am waiting for the demands. Hostage taken means there will surely be demands. I wonder what they could be.

To add:

RT:

#BREAKING: #Mali: at least 5 dead, hostages taken, inc. foreigners, in Terror attack at Radisson hotel in #Bamako 2:27 PM - 20 Nov 2015

BBC:

The AFP news agency is quoting more of the statement from the group which owns the Radisson Blu hotel in Mali's capital, Bamako. It says: "Our safety and security teams and our corporate team are in constant contact with the local authorities in order to offer any support possible to re-instate safety and security at the hotel." The Rezidor Hotel Group has also said that 140 guests and 30 employees are locked in by "two persons" - while a Malian news site said there are ten attackers.

Malian news site (French Language)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Ah okay, that makes sense. *If* it's Jihadists, their demands (if there are any) are likely to be unrealistic.

I imagine the safest option with these mentalities is to take them by force...if possible.

They don't negotiate and they expect to die.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
BBC:

Chinese trapped in Radisson hotel Posted at 09:43 China's Xinhua news agency is saying that there are several Chinese guests who are trapped in the Radisson Blu hotel in Mali's capital, Bamako, Reuters reports. Xinhua says: "A Chinese guest surnamed Chen told Xinhua via WeChat mobile app that he was among a number of Chinese guests trapped in the hotel," Xinhua said in a brief English-language report.

From RT:

A senior security source put the number of gunmen in the hotel at 10, Reuters reported.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
IMPORTANT!

From RT

Among the hostages are US, French and Chinese citizens, according to media reports. Some reports suggest they include French military, Air France employees and Thales [major electronic systems company working in defense and aerospace] personnel.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

“It’s happening on the seventh floor, the jihadists are now shooting in the corridor,” the security source also said.

Seems to be awkward and deliberate wording, considering the event is still happening, upstairs, and this guy has declared to the world this is an act of "Jihadists."
The immediate implication then, is that the act is being done in the name of Muslims.

Well then, what "terrorists" are in West Africa?
The French have been fighting Boko Harem in Northern Mali this year.

Conveniently, Boko Harem is al Quaida affiliated, "declared allegiance to" ISIS in March, and

An investigation into Boko Haram by the Greenwhite Coalition revealed that the “Boko Haram campaign is a covert operation organized by the American Central Intelligence Agency, CIA and coordinated by the American Embassy in Nigeria.”
The U.S has used its embassy for covert operations before. The one in Benghazi was proven to be a base for a covert gun-running operation to arm the mercenaries fighting against Bashar Al-Assad in Syria.

www.globalresearch.ca...

This event, i think will be yet another incentive for France to enter more deeply NATO's "global war on terror", on the latest front, territories in Africa most crucial to NWO corporate imperialism.

Last August, President Obama authorized the Pentagon to send France $10 million to help pay for troop transport and aerial refueling.
“There’s already an unprecedented degree of coordination, with both the U.S. and France bringing complementary strengths to the table,” said Michael R. Shurkin, a former Central Intelligence Agency analyst who is now at the RAND Corporation.
“The more the U.S. and France work together, the greater the regional alliance’s chance of success.”

says CIA/RAND guy

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Breaking news? not to me it isn't.

Why do people still fly out to these places is beyond me. Risking your life and your children's lives for a cheap holiday, sad times we live in.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Exitt

Why do people still fly out to these places is beyond me. Risking your life and your children's lives for a cheap holiday, sad times we live in.

Take a look at who were there. Does not look like holiday makers. Air France employees Military personnel, businessmen, employees of Thales. Very important guys in my opinion

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Exitt

Mali isn't a cheap holiday. People shouldn't be afraid to go to places with a slight risk of danger.

Spain is a massive destination and, until recently, had ETA bombings. Same with Britain, nobody avoided a visit even when the IRA were blowing public places up.

I mean, we'd all draw a line against holidays in Syria or Northern Afghanistan lol. Bit different for places where the risk is minimal.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Exitt

why do you assume it is for cheap holidays?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Guests taken hostage till now:

French Military Personnel
US citizens
Thales employees
Air France employees
Chinese citizens
Indian citizens

This is very bad indeed.

Malian troops arrive outside attacked hotel Posted at 10:03 We are getting pictures in from outside the Radisson Blu hotel in Bamako, Mali, where gunmen have attacked and locked in guests and staff. Malian troops have set up outside the hotel. Radisson Blu AFP Radisson Blu AFP Radisson Blu AFP Share Share this post on Twitter Facebook Read more about these links.

If the army attacks, this will be a blood bath!

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Breaking: French army responds and are at the scene:

We just put up some pictures from the AFP news agency of Malian troops setting up outside the Radisson Blu hotel. The Paris-based private RTL radio is reporting that French sodliers have also been deployed around the hotel. French troops have been in Mali since January 2013 to assist the Malian army in its fight against jihadists in the north of the country.

Also to add:

Gunmen have reportedly let some hostages go, including those able to recite verses of the Koran, security sources told Reuters.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
French troops now on the scene. For the sake of the hostages they need to just steam in and end crap this asap.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Good time to buy Thales stock..

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Possible fire at the 7th floor, the floor where the Air France wmployees are at.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
French troops now on the scene. For the sake of the hostages they need to just steam in and end crap this asap.

I am not sure army personnel are trained in Hostage rescue. Thats a completely different ball game and requires special forces specially trained for situations like this.

If the army storms the hotel, this could becoe a blood bath.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join