It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Terrorists take 170 hostage incl. French military personnel, US & Chinese citizens in Mali

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
***ATTENTION***

Regardless about how you feel about someone, personal attacks and insults will be removed. If it keeps up, so will your posting privileges. It stops now.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I'm going to need some popcorn for this thread...

Watching this all live on my Xbox right now, it's very interesting what their motives are.

Did they plan on all the hostages, or was there a special someone there that they needed. Saw a picture of the Parking lot at the hotel and there was a car that cost over 500k while all the rest were 1k tops.

There is something deeper to this. If they wanted to make a point they would have just murdered everyone, but why hostages when they know the governments do not negotiate with them?
edit on 20-11-2015 by TheLotLizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

I have no clue but I and others appreciate your work and keeping us updated, Thank you!

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This is the point im making
i dont support terrorism
but one thing i dont like are idiots who cant get a simple job done

there were 170 hostages, you had many hours to kill most of them AND FAILED TO DO SO

not endorsing terrorism, but they have to be REALLY stupid, to have failed!

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Mali radio station says hotel assault is over

A local Malian radio station which has been tweeting updates on the security operation at the Radisson Blu hotel in the capital, Bamako, is now saying that the assault of the hotel is over

Once again I would like to say, it was a great job done by the Malian security forces. Quite a few gave their lives for foreigners, foreigners who are citizens of our countries. I hope all nations involved today officially thanks them! They saved SO many lives today.

And for the 27 people who lost their lives, I hope your death will not be in vain.
edit on 20/11/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

(post by lamplighters removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: lamplighters

Or, they were human with a conscience.
There is a big difference between the idea and actually doing it.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: lamplighters
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

27 deaths is not a 'only'

edit on Fri Nov 20 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

a reply to: lamplighters

Being stupid or not does not make those lives lost any less valuable simply because they didn't kill more.

All but rooting for someone to kill more people because it is stupid to NOT do so is screaming that there is something wrong with that particular mind set.

Unless you want to go to those 27 victim's houses and discuss with their loved ones how stupid the terrorists were because they didn't kill everyone, it might be a good idea to quit pointing it out because you are making yourself look almost like a cheerleader who is down because there weren't more victims.

Give it a rest. 1 is too many. If it were a loved one of yours you would/should look at your last few comments and be appalled. I would hope so anyway.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 11/20/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

This is the point im making
i dont support terrorism
but one thing i dont like are idiots who cant get a simple job done

there were 170 hostages, you had many hours to kill most of them AND FAILED TO DO SO

not endorsing terrorism, but they have to be REALLY stupid, to have failed!

Have you lost your freaking MIND????

Your post is pathologically twisted! You're actually "mad" over the fact the TERRORISTS failed to KILL MORE PEOPLE?????

Honestly, if you're serious you should seriously consider some mental health evaluation.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Something does not add up:

Interior Security Minister Colonel Salif Traore, speaking on state-run television, said The hostage situation at the hotel has ended, 76 people had been freed by security forces

So we had a confirmed 170 hostages, 76 freed, and 27 bodies. Where are the rest 67?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

What happened to the terrorists? Did some leave taking hostages with them?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: VP740

What happened to the terrorists? Did some leave taking hostages with them?

Security guards had confirmed that there were 10 terrorists. But reports say only 2 have been killed. Where are the rest? Or was it a mistake?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Situation not over!

'Fight now in upper floors of Mali hotel' Posted at 16:51 The Reuters news agency is quoting a Malian security ministry spokesman as saying that the country's special forces are still fighting gunmen in the upper floors of the Radisson Blu hotel in Bamako.

Remember the bulk of the hostages were taken on the 7th floor. Looks like the fight is there now.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
So if my mathematics is still good. We have around 8 terrorists with around 67 hostages. Looks like they had barricaded themseelves all this while.

(post by lamplighters removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Disable the elevators and send teams up every stairwell, floor by floor. That's the way to do it. Pretty soon the terrorist cowards will run out of floors to retreat to. I guess this when the terrorists will get to decide if their decision was the correct one.

I'm just hoping to see the headline "10 Dead Terrorists in Mali Siege".

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k
So if my mathematics is still good. We have around 8 terrorists with around 67 hostages. Looks like they had barricaded themseelves all this while.

Good, there is still time to make it look respectable amount

Which is 'respectable' in your view, more dead terrorists or more dead hostages?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Gunshots heard inside the hotel

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join