It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Terrorists take 170 hostage incl. French military personnel, US & Chinese citizens in Mali

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: asen_y2k
BBC:

'Mali attackers spoke English' says witness

And:

Attackers 'didn't know the layout of hotel'

Interesting, any speculations?

Well English is a common enough second language.

As for the not knowing layout I am wondering if this is a attack of opportunity put together at the last minute?

However it should be noted the attackers found it absolutely necessary to communicate in English. Whether that means there was mixed nationalities included in the attack and found the best method of communication to all use English, or the attackers were simply English speaking. It's entirely speculation. Still interesting.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
CORRECTION, ONLY 30/170 HOSTAGES FREED.

Mali's Interior Minister Salif Traore has said that none of the hostage takers will be able to escape, giving a press briefing outside the Radisson Blu hotel in Mali's capital, Bamako, where gunmen have been holding people hostage. "Our special forces soldiers are inside the hotel at this very moment. And as I am speaking to you now, they are searching the building room after room. "They have been able to free 30 hostages, they are all safe. But three people were shot dead and two of our special forces were wounded, but their lives are not in danger. "We have sealed all the exit points of the hotel, so be assured none of the hostage takers will be able to escape."

edit on 20/11/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: angryhulk

originally posted by: crazyewok

BBC:

'Mali attackers spoke English' says witness

And:

Attackers 'didn't know the layout of hotel'

Interesting, any speculations?

Well English is a common enough second language.

As for the not knowing layout I am wondering if this is a attack of opportunity put together at the last minute?

However it should be noted the attackers found it absolutely necessary to communicate in English. Whether that means there was mixed nationalities included in the attack and found the best method of communication to all use English, or the attackers were simply English speaking. It's entirely speculation. Still interesting.

I have a big feeling that these terrorists are from the Nigerian branch of ISIS, formerly Boko Haram.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Snap

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

Okay, but that means little to nothing. It would be akin to taking a survey of how people feel about illegal drug use. 95% of the population is going to respond with the politically correct answer of 'unfavorable', then go back to whatever they were doing and do nothing about it.

Again, to my earlier question (with a slightly different angle); where are the headlines screaming for the eradication of Isis in Lebanon, Jordan, Palestinian territories, Indonesia, Turkey, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Malaysia (and I lived there), Senegal and Pakistan???

Where are the heads of state in each these countries calling for an end to Isis at every public appearance?

Where are the endless mainstream news reports in each of these countries exposing the evil deeds of Isis and calling for the heads of the perpetrators?

Where?

Nowhere in the western world are the injustices, inequalities and outright crimes of a totalitarian Islamic state (i.e. absolute adherence to the strictest interpretation of Sharia Law) tolerated.

Where are the masses calling for an end to this?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Okay, but that means little to nothing. It would be akin to taking a survey of how people feel about illegal drug use. 95% of the population is going to respond with the politically correct answer of 'unfavorable', then go back to whatever they were doing and do nothing about it.

Again, to my earlier question (with a slightly different angle); where are the headlines screaming for the eradication of Isis in Lebanon, Jordan, Palestinian territories, Indonesia, Turkey, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Malaysia (and I lived there), Senegal and Pakistan???

Where are the heads of state in each these countries calling for an end to Isis at every public appearance?

Where are the endless mainstream news reports in each of these countries exposing the evil deeds of Isis and calling for the heads of the perpetrators?

Where?

Nowhere in the western world are the injustices, inequalities and outright crimes of a totalitarian Islamic state (i.e. absolute adherence to the strictest interpretation of Sharia Law) tolerated.

Where are the masses calling for an end to this?

If you noticed many radical countries, eg Pakistan, Senegal etc chose the answer 'dont know'. Infact a huge majority chose that. In this case I would bet that 'dont know' is the polically correct answer for 'hell yes I love ISIS'.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ARevoltingRevolution
Snap

Stunningly astute and well reasoned contribution just 4 posts in!!

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Yes, I agree; this is exactly how I interpreted this response as well. However, there are probably a much larger percentage of people in the 'unfavorable' category who feel similarly and just responded with the PC answer. Ask a murderer (who hasn't been caught yet) what he thinks about murder and he will most assuredly say he views it 'unfavorably'.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Absolutely, I was quite surprised by the statistics myself. It gives you an idea of the support ISIS has and from that one must also use ones brains to get the rest of the pucture.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
BBC:

US special forces 'involved in Bamako operation'
Posted at 13:42
US special forces are assisting in the hostage rescue operation in Bamako, US news network CNN reports.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
BBC reports 138 still inside the hotel

Along with the fact that all the Chinese, Indian, Turkish and other hostages are safe. That leaves only the French. Looks like this is primarily a anti French operation.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Why are these groups so hell-bent on hurting the French lately?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Why are these groups so hell-bent on hurting the French lately?

I fear at the end of this siege, we will see massive French casualties. Only the French are left inside the hotel, others have either been released or freed.

So now we have inside the Hotel:

-French citizens
-French employees of Thales
-French military personnel(off duty)

We have American special forces outside the hotel. Hope they get the French citizens out safely otherwise this will be another black day for France.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Breaking: 3 gunmen killed

The Malian Security Ministry has announced that three of the gunmen who seized the Radisson hotel in Bamako have been killed so far during the ongoing operation by security forces, independent Malian site Abamako reports. The gunmen are reportedly heading for the roof of the building.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Breaking: 3 gunmen killed

The Malian Security Ministry has announced that three of the gunmen who seized the Radisson hotel in Bamako have been killed so far during the ongoing operation by security forces, independent Malian site Abamako reports. The gunmen are reportedly heading for the roof of the building.

Than most (maybe all) hostages were left behind. They can't drag 90 plus with them, and with strong resistance by special ops, they're probably way to occupied to be worried about offing hostages.

Sounds like some good news indeed.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
The Guardian now reporting:

US citizens could be among the hostages, according to US State Department spokesman John Kirby.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Hopefully there really were only 9-10 gunman and that leaves just a handful left. If the hostages weren't tied up maybe they could even overthrow the remaining couple who are left

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The "religion of peace" is at it again!

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
American and French Special forces should make short work of these scumbags.
Pray or send positive thoughts for the hostages and those seeking their safe rescue.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
The "religion of peace" is at it again!

The religion of peace is at war, oxymoron or not, it's a cold hard fact at this point. Did you not get the memo?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join