It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Terrorists take 170 hostage incl. French military personnel, US & Chinese citizens in Mali

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Asen_y2k,

Thank you for your efforts in keeping us updated on this terrible situation in Mali. Your well presented, up to date information continues to show, why you are valuable asset to ATS.

Des

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
Asen_y2k,

Thank you for your efforts in keeping us updated on this terrible situation in Mali. Your well presented, up to date information continues to show, why you are valuable asset to ATS.

Des

Not a problem at all. I am just simply collecting news reports from various sources.

BTW, can someone read French? I am sure the Malian news site has more valuable information than other English language sites at the moment.
edit on 20/11/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

Here is one Malian news site: maliactu.net...

and one more here: depechesdumali.com...

It would be helpful if a French speaker can translate the updates from these sites.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
So looks like quite a lot happened in Mali while i was at work today then....

I have read that French and US Special Forces were assisting the Mali's during the operation, I am curious if there is any more information about that . Last i heard that did not take part in any kinetic operations, any more information on this or who they where?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
On a related note; I find this very telling...

Here is a news story from CNN. Notice there is absolutely no mention of the terrorists yelling "Allahu Ahkbar", or the word "terrorist"...or the fact that 'al quaeda' linked groups have claimed responsibility. In fact there is no mention of extremist Islam having anything to do with this attack.

Mali Siege

Seems to illustrate some serious bias in news coverage!

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

From BBC:

The US Department of Defense has told the BBC that two Americans has been involved in the operation to end the hostage situation in Mali's capital, Bamako. One was from US Special Operations and was on a temporary assignment to the US embassy in Bamako. He assisted at the hotel, but was not part of the raid. Department of Defense officials stress that he was not on an assignment to help with the hotel situation, but got involved when he realized what was taking place. A second Department of Defense staffer was in a US-Mali Joint Operations Centre "offering advice" as the situation unfolded. All officials have been accounted for.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Here is a news story from CNN. Notice there is absolutely no mention of the terrorists yelling "Allahu Ahkbar", or the word "terrorist"...or the fact that 'al quaeda' linked groups have claimed responsibility. In fact there is no mention of extremist Islam having anything to do with this attack.

Mali Siege

On the contrary, all the points you mentioned are all over the news. Its flashing all over the BBC news channel on my TV and was clearly mentioned during the updates on their website. Guardian and BBC is showing no bias, they are clearly reporting on all the points.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

ahhh so pretty much nothing just advising.

Thanks for the update!

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

No, no...I was only referring to CNN, not other news agencies which, as you correctly point out, have these points clearly called out.

edit on 11/20/2015 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Nearly an hour has gone by, but no updates regarding the fight at the upper floors.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

No, no...I was only referring to CNN, not other news agencies which, as you correctly point out, have these points clearly called out.

Ah, thanks for pointing it out again. I missed it in your first post. It is indeed wierd, maybe they are being politically correct.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I probably wouldn't be as kind. To me it is more of the same from CNN, muslim terrorist sympathizers licking the boots of dear leader.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k

Ah, thanks for pointing it out again. I missed it in your first post. It is indeed wierd, maybe they are being politically correct.

I'd say that's it exactly. They don't want to bring on more anti-whatever hysteria. But the problem is, not reporting all the facts, will lead to a state where, say, a crime is committed and the reports state that the perpetrator was a human, of average height, undisclosed gender, approximately between the age of 15 and 80, seen wearing clothing and driving a car.

I'm also glad you have been updating your thread with so much information !!

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: laminatedsoul

originally posted by: asen_y2k

I'd say that's it exactly. They don't want to bring on more anti-whatever hysteria. But the problem is, not reporting all the facts, will lead to a state where, say, a crime is committed and the reports state that the perpetrator was a human, of average height, undisclosed gender, approximately between the age of 15 and 80, seen wearing clothing and driving a car

You see we have multiple news sources, many competing for viewership. Plus we have news sources on both sides of the soectrum, left or right. Plus we have social media. At the end we will get most of the details, just like today, only because CNN hid the info does not mean that we dont know it.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Yes, but it illustrates how agenda driven CNN is and it clearly diminishes their legitimacy as a professional 'news' source. Fox is no different, just at the other end of the political spectrum.

Heck, Al Jazeera is less biased than CNN / Fox...and that's a pretty stark message!

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Gunmen 'still holding out'

Mali's security ministry has told Reuters that gunmen are still holding out in the hotel they attacked early this morning: "The attackers no longer have hostages. They are dug in in the upper floors. They are alone with the Malian special forces who are trying to dislodge them," spokesman Amadou Sangho said.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Yes, but it illustrates how agenda driven CNN is and it clearly diminishes their legitimacy as a professional 'news' source. Fox is no different, just at the other end of the political spectrum.

Heck, Al Jazeera is less biased than CNN / Fox...and that's a pretty stark message!

You link an article from CNN that spends half of it talking about how the Mali is plagued by Islamic Extremists. They stick to the known facts about the attacks but, clearly, while not want to be called out for guessing again, point the finger at extremists by talking about them.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ecapsretuo

“It’s happening on the seventh floor, the jihadists are now shooting in the corridor,” the security source also said.

Seems to be awkward and deliberate wording, considering the event is still happening, upstairs, and this guy has declared to the world this is an act of "Jihadists."
The immediate implication then, is that the act is being done in the name of Muslims.

Well then, what "terrorists" are in West Africa?
The French have been fighting Boko Harem in Northern Mali this year.

Conveniently, Boko Harem is al Quaida affiliated, "declared allegiance to" ISIS in March, and

An investigation into Boko Haram by the Greenwhite Coalition revealed that the “Boko Haram campaign is a covert operation organized by the American Central Intelligence Agency, CIA and coordinated by the American Embassy in Nigeria.”
The U.S has used its embassy for covert operations before. The one in Benghazi was proven to be a base for a covert gun-running operation to arm the mercenaries fighting against Bashar Al-Assad in Syria.

www.globalresearch.ca...

This event, i think will be yet another incentive for France to enter more deeply NATO's "global war on terror", on the latest front, territories in Africa most crucial to NWO corporate imperialism.

Last August, President Obama authorized the Pentagon to send France $10 million to help pay for troop transport and aerial refueling.
“There’s already an unprecedented degree of coordination, with both the U.S. and France bringing complementary strengths to the table,” said Michael R. Shurkin, a former Central Intelligence Agency analyst who is now at the RAND Corporation.
“The more the U.S. and France work together, the greater the regional alliance’s chance of success.”

says CIA/RAND guy

Sigh... global research? Peeple still think that's a reliable source? It's unabashed russian propaganda.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

That's the media for you.

There was a Jewish person and a Muslim person stabbed and assaulted in France after the 11-14 terrorist attack.

I'll ask you to guess which one Fox News had at the top of their website and guess which one I didn't see at all on foxnews.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Mali Siege

WHAT??? CNN 'Biased'??? Impossib...WAIT...What's THIS:

CNN reporter suspended after tweet on refugees

CNN global affairs correspondent Elise Labott has been suspended for two weeks, a source at CNN confirmed to POLITICO.

Earlier on Thursday Labott had tweeted about the House voting on a bill that would make it harder for Syrian refugees to enter the United States.

"House passes bill that could limit Syrian refugees. Statue of Liberty bows head in anguish," she wrote, linking to a CNN article on the vote.
Several critics, including the Washington Post's Erik Wemple, said the tweet showed bias.

www.politico.com...
edit on 20-11-2015 by IAMTAT because: highlighting

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
bbc seems to say hostage crisis is over with about 27 dead unsure if they got all the gunmen yet

www.bbc.com...

also has a bit of backstory on whats been going on in mali since about 2011

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join