It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock Video: Cop Executes Man as He is Lying Face Down and Complying

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Dang this is just insane. Taser video of a Pennsylvania cop shooting an unarmed complying man laying face down, in the back ,killing him .

2 things about this video shock me.

The DA charged the cop with murder, and a jury found her NOT GUILTY.

I just dont know what to say i look at this video and see blatant murder of an unarmed man. Is it now a death penalty if you run from cops?

How can a jury find her not guilty? It was an execution plain and simple.

Officer Lisa Mearkle of the Hummelstown Borough Police Department was found not guilty of criminal homicide for the shooting death of 59-year-old David Kassick on February 2. Video has just been released from the Taser camera which was deployed before she fired two bullets into the man’s back, as he lay face down on the ground in full compliance with her orders.

The video of this cold-blooded killing by a maniacal cop, shown in full detail, somehow did not convince a jury that it was homicide. He had been chased down, shocked repeatedly with a Taser, fallen down face first in the snow, displayed his hands clearly at the officer’s orders, and then shot in the back twice.

Officer Mearkle had attempted to pull Kassick over for an expired inspection sticker, but Kassick fled to his family home, where he tried to run into the backyard. That’s where Mearkle ended his life

thefreethoughtproject.com...

edit on 5-11-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Sorry but i must have missed the shooting part . While it looks to be somewhat under control in the clip you provided the next few moments are needed for me to condemn this woman .

Yep got it now thanks to the timeline below . Perhaps he should have put his hands in the open quicker . Maybe after being tazered this was somewhat harder to do . Would i have shot , no . But i am not in that line of work .
edit on 5-11-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Not saying it didn't happen... but I watched that video a few times and I couldn't distinguish when he was shot....
Which time frame should I be looking at?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

NOT Saying that it didn't happen but I didn't see him get shot. And if he did why would they post it on the Police Departments site so quickly ?

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Great sound quality!
How do you obey a verbal command that isn't even audible?
ha arrera ron aroun!
WTF?
Bada dahs shaheyaray arouna down!
Excuse me WTF?
I guess they're hire'n cops that can't even communicate at all now.
i remember my first wad a tobaccee.

edit on Rpm110515v30201500000055 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on Rpm110515v32201500000007 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Correction: The shots are at 1:14 and 1:17

and at 1:39 she radios "shots fired."

I think one of the point of entries was a little below his left shoulder blade

edit on 5-11-2015 by frostie because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2015 by frostie because: More info

edit on 5-11-2015 by frostie because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2015 by frostie because: Because whats another edit lol

+30 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
This officer Cleary, by the sound of the gun shots, shot this man while he was on the ground suffering severely from the taser.

You could even hear and see the poor man being affected by these gun shots

She’s screaming “LOWER YOUR HANDS” and he’s complying and then she shoots him in the back at 1:16..17..18.or 19 while he seems to be complying.

How this isn’t murder is a mystery to me

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
To those above, watch closely with sound .. .shot twice... few seconds apart in the middle when he was flaying around from the TASER and she couldn't see his hands when his head hid them.

I guess this is less cut and dry than some cases of murder as she could (and did, I imagine) argue she thought he was reaching for a concealed weapon... and cops do get shot by desperate people... but a tragedy, unjust and yet one more argument against the policing model in the U.S.

Nobody should be shot for a misdemeanor... lord. We need to scale it down and relax... why chase the guy? Most people are not dangerous, despite the militaristic zeal and elitist view in U.S. police forces... the whole thing should be rethought and non violent infractions and flight should be seen as a whole lot less important than life... the lives of police and non-police, both.

I just remembered my tags are now expired...

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
We need to scale it down and relax... why chase the guy? Most people are not dangerous, despite the militaristic zeal and elitist view in U.S. police forces... the whole thing should be rethought and non violent infractions and flight should be seen as a whole lot less important than life... the lives of police and non-police, both.

Exactly. It's not like the police don't have your info at this point. Just report it, log it, and visit the person's house or workplace a bit later. Are they afraid somebody is going to go off the grid over a minor infraction and just vanish?

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
This is one of the worst I've ever seen

This is why I BEG PEOPLE TO OBEY THESE POLICE.

Get out of it with your life

THEY WILL KILLL YOU

As this video clearly shows AND WILL GET AWAY WITH YOUR MURDER

Forget all the macho man crap

PLEASE SHOW THIS VIDEO TO ALL THE TOUGH GUYS AND GALS WHO WANT TO RESIST OR RUN FROM A COP or become Johnny Cochran on a street corner

This is MURDER
edit on 5-11-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

you are deaf?

Boom

Boom

were the shots.

it's not a movie the guy won't blow up.

She murdered him.

edit on 5-11-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Why would any thinking person fire a taser into a person wearing a thick coat in the first place? This woman is not ready to be a police in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
And this is why we cant have nice things

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
An interesting source for this story:

Psychologist Assesses Reasons for Seeking Job : Police Candidates Find Motives on Trial, But not all agencies get this kind of testing and how good is it? Websites exist to inform people who want to get hired what to say and not to say

A man whose bid to become a police officer was rejected after he scored too high on an intelligence test has lost an appeal in his federal lawsuit against the city. Court OKs Barring High IQs for Cops. Why the Best Police Officer Candidates DON’T Always get Hired. Police Officially Refuse To Hire Applicants With High IQ Scores

In many cases, these people made it all the way through the hiring process until one of the last steps—a polygraph exam. Once sitting with a polygraph examiner, they admitted to a host of astonishing crimes, according to documents obtained by the Center for Investigative Reporting.

The records—official summaries of more than 200 polygraph admissions—raise alarms about the thousands of employees Customs and Border Protection has hired over the past six years before it began mandatory polygraph tests for all applicants six months ago.

The Albuquerque Journal has posted an interesting analysis of five years of police shootings, between 2010 and 2014. One thing the paper found is that 39 percent of the shootings over the past five years were by officers who were hired between 2007 and 2009, a period “when APD changed its recruiting and hiring practices in an effort to bolster the ranks.”

Officer Lisa J. Mearkle executed man and lied

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

you are deaf?

No

it's not a movie the guy won't blow up.

Sarcasm right . See my edited post above .

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

How depressing..

Sending prayers to the family and friends of David Kassick.

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

That is one seriously panicking LEO .
Should NEVER have been given a gun ,
hell I wouldn't trust her with a plastic butter knife .
59 yo is old . I doubt he ran . More like shuffled .
Obviously not a gang member/hoodlum/criminal .
Why even tase him . They had his ID/address etc.
Land of the hunted and shot . ...
Bravery and freedom left the building a while ago !

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

That woman has absolutely no business being a cop,how the # she was passed and given a gun.......that was so wrong...my god not even the twighlight zone was this screwed up.....

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Btw...shouldn't this be viral?

Isn't this the very essence of what is viral?

this is hard to accept

I wont sleep well tonight.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
What a bitch. That was absolutely unnecessary. Are they using Jack in the Box intercoms from the 70's for communication these days?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join