It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carson: Joseph built pyramids for grain storage.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

if joseph built the pyramids to store grain he was even stupider than some in this thread
you understand the pyramids arent just hallow shells right? most of that internal volume is filled with stone

(without even getting into the absolutely enormous amount of evidence to the contrary or that the pyramids werent even built at the same time)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I wonder what the world would look like in 10 years if next year this bloke got elected and the US economic and government set-up went from a Constitutional Republic to a full blown Corporate Theocracy where Jesus approves of Coke Cola.

Personally I think the world would look like a smoldering pile of dirt - reminiscent of the day after the biblical apocalypse.

Hermetically sealed for grain? - wow, talk about illogical engineering overkill to the tenth degree!!

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

So you're attributing terror attacks, jihad, and public chants of "death to America" as being core Islamic beliefs the same way Carson's young Earth and pyramid silos are SDA core beliefs? Fascinating...

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

So you're attributing terror attacks, jihad, and public chants of "death to America" as being core Islamic beliefs the same way Carson's young Earth and pyramid silos are SDA core beliefs? Fascinating...

No, what I am pointing out is that you criticize people, calling them bigots, because they are critical of Carson's religious beliefs and how it may relate to his ability to run the country. But at the same time admit it's ok to be critical of someone's ability to lead if they share religious beliefs with the people of a nation we are at war with.

What you're doing is rationalizing, in your mind, the same approach you denounce.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
"It is an plausible explanation based on my personal beliefs."

Let us be clear that he believes that it is a possible explanation and has never stated that it negates any other theory.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

I wonder what the world would look like in 10 years if next year this bloke got elected and the US economic and government set-up went from a Constitutional Republic to a full blown Corporate Theocracy where Jesus approves of Coke Cola.

Personally I think the world would look like a smoldering pile of dirt - reminiscent of the day after the biblical apocalypse.

Hermetically sealed for grain? - wow, talk about illogical engineering overkill to the tenth degree!!

Kinda like Iraq and Afghanistan looked after Dubya was POTUS and he talked to god.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Well i think that anyone that believes that statement has obviously never been and visited the pyramids or seen inside of one .

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

There is no reason to believe such would happen. It is nothing new having a leader that has faith that brings science theories into question.

If the current president was really a Christian then he would also have some beliefs that bring other theories into question. It is nothing new.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

No, I'm criticizing actions that are damaging to this country and our people. You're criticizing beliefs that have not shown any impact on this country and our people in any manner to date. I understand, we live in a superficial era where words and ideas are granted almost more weight than actions and deeds are, we've got a POTUS who is a cult of personality based largely on style and ideological pandering, and "because I exist" has popularly trumped "because I did this," but it seems fairly uninsightful to apply the same merit to beliefs utterly unrelated to leadership as you're applying to actions directly deleterious to America.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: tom.farnhill

Well i think that anyone that believes that statement has obviously never been and visited the pyramids or seen inside of one .

True.

It also can be said that no current explanation really fully tells us why the pyramids were built.

Sure mummies were there but it is unbelievable that is the only reason for such.

I imagine a multi functional pyramid.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
My theory is this Joseph character never existed.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

But the narrative you have built is akin to not voting for any Christian because they have a history of bombing abortion clinics, killing doctors and hanging black people from trees.

It all boils down to holding one's religion against them.
edit on 5-11-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

i find it hard to believe you would vote for anyone that would not act on their strongly held beliefs and convictions

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

did you know that salt was used as a currency in those days , in fact the word salary comes from salt .

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Ben Carson just can’t quit lying: CNN can’t corroborate any of the key stories from his autobiography

Carson seems to be on a colossal ego trip.

Apparently he has embellished a history of being an ex-tough guy who turned his life around.

A common ghetto story mainly popularized by the history of the great Malcolm X who was a REAL tough guy and turned around and became one who ended up a great leader and went from a street hustler to one who would debate at Oxford.

This is a well known archetypal heroic story of many black men from the ghetto who followed Malcolm's path from a tough guy to a wise man.

Carson seems to want to pretend he was an ex tough guy who turned his life around

The problem with Carson who has tried to claim this heritage is that nobody seems to remember him ever being a tough guy.

In preparation for an interview with Ben Carson on “New Day” Friday, CNN investigated claims the retired neurosurgeon made about his upbringing in his 1990 autobiography “Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story,” but was unable to find corroboration for the incidents of violence that are at the core of his story of transformation from an angry young man into the calm, collected GOP hopeful he is today.

Now he wants to be a biblical scholar!

I bet he didn’t come up with this idea about he pyramids but likely got it from someone else

Whatever the case, no big thing he doesn’t need to propagate the myth that he is an ex-tough guy to a surgeon.

Apparently he was just a geeky studious guy and didn’t live the heroic story of a tough street guy who turned his life around.

Carson may be a great surgeon but he has no particular astute or visionary ideas that would make him a good president. Just a huge ego like the rest of them
But of course this very uninspiring guy has to have some kind of edge so he concocts this myth

Carson also has admitted to plagiary

Conservative hero Ben Carson hit with plagiarism scandal

www.salon.com...

Carson is a self-confessed plagiarist, so it’s possible that these incidents happened to someone else and he merely appropriated them in order to embellish just how soiled the rags from which he emerged into riches actually were — but if that’s the case, he’s not talking.

edit on 5-11-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Then look inside the pyramids...not any storage space.

Ding Ding Ding!!!
You win the prize of logical thinking.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Apparently he has embellished a history of being an ex-tough guy who turned his life around.

A common ghetto story mainly popularized by the history of the great Malcolm X who was a REAL tough guy and turned around and became one who ended up a great leader and went from a street hustler to one who would debate at Oxford.

This is a well known archetypal heroic story of many black men from the ghetto who followed Malcolm's path from a tough guy to a wise man.

Carson seems to want to pretend he was an ex tough guy who turned his life around

The problem with Carson who has tried to claim this heritage is that nobody seems to remember him ever being a tough guy.

"In preparation for an interview with Ben Carson on “New Day” Friday, CNN investigated claims the retired neurosurgeon made about his upbringing in his 1990 autobiography “Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story,” but was unable to find corroboration for the incidents of violence that are at the core of his story of transformation from an angry young man into the calm, collected GOP hopeful he is today."

This was one of the reasons I could never support Obama, so I totally understand why this calls into question Carson's character and ability to lead the U.S.

If you don't have the character to lead, you should not be a leader.

edit on 5-11-2015 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: netbound

In the second case, Ben Carson’s statement was one of conviction. He had thoughtout the pyramid theory and truly believed in it.

That's funny because I could have sworn I heard him say that he thought it was "plausible".

I think the theory of evolution is plausible and life existing elsewhere in the universe is plausible, but I don't believe in either.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: fartlordsupreme

...and exactly how would one "act" on a conviction that the Earth is 6,000 years old? How does one "act" on a strong belief the pyramids were built to hold grain?

I'm more looking at beliefs and convictions which are truly actionable. For instance, the Seventh Day Adventists are a noncombatant religion. They avoided conscientious objector classification because their doctors and nurses and engineers expressed a desire to save lives in theaters of war, but they are strongly urged by their Faith to avoid harming lives. Sounds like a conviction that would lead America to a lot fewer military actions and acts of aggression in the world. Damn them and their nutty ideals all to hell!

I'm looking at beliefs which grant ultimate decision and responsibility for those decisions upon the individual and the individual's conscience. Sounds kind of like something which stands in support of the Bill of Rights, doesn't it? Those religious lunatics!

I'm looking a set of convictions which advocates members be good stewards of resources as well as helpers in society. The SDA has a lot of prison ministries, not for converting prisoners, but to visit them and talk to them like humans rather than shun them. The same is true of the SDA in regards to homeless, infirmed, and the socially ostracized. What a sick, perverted set of values for someone to have if they are to be a leader!

I'm looking at one of the Churches which spends the most time and donation money on the Humane Society of the US because their convictions place them in stewardship and n ofGd'screatures, great and small. That sure should send off warning bells to all the animal lovers out there! Look at the arrogance, placing themselves above animals while providing for their care and protection, those bastards!

So, what you got on 'em?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The media is trying to bring him down just as they brought down Herman Cane last election because an African American conservative winning an election with Republican voters doesn't fit their narratives in any way, shape, or form.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join