It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carson: Joseph built pyramids for grain storage.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
steves grain pyramid

To the average person they could care less about peers unless one can fish from them.

Either your idea has some truth or it does not but no one needs a group of aholes to pretend like they have all they answers. So much progress has been stifled by such groups it is pitiful.

Pretty obvious that a pyramid will only hold 6-11 servings of grain.
My figures on the 10,000 bushels must have been off. I will blame Smithsonian for faulty figures.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
...and then you have this:

Mahmoud Afifi, Egypt’s head of ancient antiquities, said Carson’s comments were similar to other inaccurate theories about the pyramids, including that they were built by Atlanteans from a mythical lost continent.

“A lot of people are trying to prove that the pyramids weren’t built for burials,” said Afifi. “Maybe they’re comments used for publicity like that man who’s not an archaeologist and says they stored grain, and I don’t know what that was based on.”

...and this:

Carson’s claims seem to be drawn in part from Egyptologist Dr Wyatt Thom’s 1984 book Egypt Egypt Egypt. According to Thom, the pyramids were built to house grain, and mummified bodies were placed inside as scarecrows to keep birds away. If you’re wondering how that makes sense given that the pyramids are enclosed structures, Thom claims this is because you’re “hamstrung by a very modern conception of birds”.

and

This idea seems to be drawn from a speech given by archeologist Lizzy Acker at the University of Cambridge in 1992. Acker’s claim is that blimps did not in fact exist during the Old or Middle Kingdom periods during which the pyramids were constructed, but that some Egyptian scholars had theorized that such a thing could be possible in the future, and wanted to be ready for anything.

The man is batchit crazy!

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

You are conflating more than one persons view point here.

You seem to be making the claim that any theory besides burial tomb is crazy.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

What I am saying is that Carson's views are crazy and the guy is close to unhinged.

When he comes out with bizarre notions using sources which aren't peer-reviewed, and along with our own dear in-house kook who is afraid to submit his ideas to peer-review for fear that he'll be found a money-grubbing shill, who uses secondary sources and appears to pad out his CV then yes, he is crazy.

I hope, for the sake of the world that the madman doesn't get voted in. Surely he has no chance?!?
edit on 10-11-2015 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
unhinged simply because he likes to think outside the box.

me thinks you are being too hard on the beaver.

the giant tomb theory sucks more than the claim that no capstone because it would pop the blimp.

perhaps you can stop judging people based on things that can not be proven or dis proven

I will get on board with your unhinged theory when ever he begins to totally reject every other theory as you have.

that is far more inclusive than anything carson has said

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I haven't rejected every other theory at all, but I am certainly more inclined to peer-reviewed, evidence-based theories, despite what the paranoid and suspicious think (wrongly) about the way things work in academia.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Fair enough but there is no prerequisite for truth to come peer reviewed in order to be truth.

The funny part of your accepted theories is that they are Justas much hogwash as the ones that are not accepted but they have the edges refined a bit more.

per review is a academic joke told by a religion called science

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

per review is a academic joke told by a religion called science

Ben Carson, is that you?

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join