It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carson: Joseph built pyramids for grain storage.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I'm not so sure about the 'Biblical Joseph' angle to Carson's claims but, nevertheless, it is an indisputable fact that there exists primary and secondary evidence that the first giant pyramids of ancient Egypt stored massive amounts of grain and many other seed types. Of course, bone fragments and human burials were also found in a few of these early pyramids but we know from scientific analysis that these bones and burials were intrusive burials from later periods.

The early explorers of the Step Pyramid at Saqqara, for example, had to wade shin deep through corridors filled with grain under and all around this pyramid complex. Secondary evidence suggests a similar function for the Great Pyramid.

These first pyramids may well have been repurposed as tombs by later Egyptian dynasties but this categorically was not their original purpose.

I wrote this paper a few years back which presents '10 Facts that Contradict the Pyramid Tomb Theory'. My two books ('The Giza Prophecy' & 'The Secret Chamber of Osiris') presents considerable evidence which show the first 16 pyramids may in fact have been used as massive storage vaults.

So, in short, Carson's 'grain storage' claim is not entirely without foundation as we have ideed found massive amounts of grain stored in them. We have yet to find a king's body in one.

SC
edit on 7/11/2015 by Scott Creighton because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: mOjOm
Is this the kind of guy you want running the country??? Seriously???

Yes. Say what you wish about his religious and historical opinions, his well detailed plan for leading the country out of this mess we're in is solid as a rock.

Again, I'm left wondering why some even bother being on an alternative/conspiracy forum board when they are so quick to assassinate a man's character simply because he has different historical perspectives and theories than the mainstream does.

The fact you think one man can actually lead a country out of a mess is actually scary.

The reason people attack his character is because Carson is a religious nutter, that can't seem to separate church and state.

Our founders had laid a foundation for separation of church and state for a reason.
edit on 7-11-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I think we begin to get some real insight to Carson’s thinking process, and what we see is a mind that is clouded. A mind that is driven, not by perception and empirical knowledge, but instead is totally controlled by an acquired spiritual directive. (The spiritual experience he had that transformed his life. You know the one that took away his desire to hit his mother in the head with a hammer. ) To him the world can only be explained through his experience with the supreme being.

Now there is nothing wrong with following the teachings of the omnipotent one, and viewing what is, through that filter. And I dare say there are a good many people on this forum who prefer this method of understanding the world around them. Myth and faith has long been human's way of understanding the world in which we find ourselves. I just question the desirability of entrusting this true believer mentality with the responsibility of occupying one of the most powerful and influential positions in the world.

Suppose Carson’s outsized faith and interpretation of reality were a bit different. What if he believed that the universe was the realm of hostile extraterrestrials and in addition believed that they were on schedule to return and destroy our planet. His every focus would be in deterring this threat at the expense of all other possibilities. I suggest that this might not work out well, and it would be well to keep him out of positions of important decision making.

As to the pyramids being grain storage units. Of all the possibilities for what these structures could be, grain store houses should not even be on the list for several obvious reasons. His reasoning is based on his restricted view that the events told in the Bible are the only true events and that all we perceive today has to be explained through that book. I’m not Bible bashing here. I just don’t remember growing up in the Baptist church ever hearing about Joseph building the pyramids for grain storage. This is strictly the doctor’s idea. And what’s troubling is that it’s a stupid ass idea.

But go ahead and vote for him. Since this country is living in a world of myth already, what difference could it possibly make?

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: okyouwin

"As to the pyramids being grain storage units. Of all the possibilities for what these structures could be, grain store houses should not even be on the list for several obvious reasons."

SC: And yet, massive amounts of grain (and other seed types), as well as tens of thousands of storage containers is what has actually been found in these first pyramids.

SC

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Egyptian grain stores had arched roofs, the only buildings in Egypt to have that kind of roof, which often mystifies me, why only grain stores? those roofs pre-dated the Roman arch.
As for the pyramids, if they were grain stores, why no decent large door for easy access?

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scott Creighton

"As to the pyramids being grain storage units. Of all the possibilities for what these structures could be, grain store houses should not even be on the list for several obvious reasons."

SC: And yet, massive amounts of grain (and other seed types), as well as tens of thousands of storage containers is what has actually been found in these first pyramids.

SC

I'm not sure where you got your claim from. No storage containers for grain have ever been found in any of the pyramids. Some evidence of grain in some of them cam be explained by Egyptian funeral rites (citation here) but that's it. In addition there are the funerary texts within the earliest pyramids that makes it very clear that they were not built to store grain. Besides the general shape of the pyramids (so much bulk, such relatively small chambers inside) would make it impractical. The Egyptians needed grain too badly to store them in such inaccessible places - and we know that they stored their grain in actual granaries!

edit on 7-11-2015 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Scott Creighton

of course they found grain and storage containers
part of their burial practices included providing for the after life (and these practices themselves must have had their roots somewhere)
(at least for certain periods of time)
and can you say for sure the grain and storage vessels are from the same time the structures were actually built?
of course you cant
its not only possible but more than likely that some of the pyramids and other ancient structures have been used and reused over periods of thousands of years (regardless of what they were initially intended to be)

of course you should know all of this having written books relating to the subject
so your seeming lack of information here seems fairly strange
edit on 7-11-2015 by fartlordsupreme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff, fartlordsupreme, AngryCyraeg

Hi,

The first 16 or so pyramids built by the ancient Egyptians were not built as tombs and neither were they built as 'granaries'.

The video in this link offers an explanation as to why we find primary and secondary evidence of massive grain storage in these pyramids.

SC

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Maybe their was storage areas for grain to be held in the Puramids...Not sure about the Jospeh built them part,but is it realy laughable that Egyptians would have taken some grain and held some of it in storage spots in the pyramids....not realy.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I am surprised the mummy being a scarecrow has not been addressed.

How bout the theory that the reason the great pyramid has no capstone is because they had to remove it because it kept popping the blimps.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Hi,

The first 16 or so pyramids built by the ancient Egyptians were not built as tombs and neither were they built as 'granaries'.

The video in this link offers an explanation as to why we find primary and secondary evidence of massive grain storage in these pyramids.

SC

I'm sorry, but that's a load of total horlicks. The buried pyramid has a sarcophagus, the step pyramid has carvings showing the Pharaoh participating in funerary rites (the storage containers were there to store the supplies the Pharaoh would need in the afterlife by the way), the Meidum pyramid has an unfinished mortuary temple, the great pyramids of Giza have sarcophagi, and above all else we have the damn Pyramid Texts from the Fifth and Sixth Dynasties. Which say that they are TOMBS.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I watched part of that video, did some brief research based on it and came upon references to Edgar Cayce and the Sphinx water erosion theory.

At which point I stopped.

Let me know if neither are an element of your claims and I'll finish watching the vid.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
LOL

Because...the egyptians would have taken years and years to build three giant pyramids with not enough storage in them to feed the entire world...uh....LOL when even giant tents and the usual storage buildings for that type of thing would have made way more sense. Come on!

I like Carson as a person, I really do, and he is anti establishment...I of course like that..but he's nuts. Can't be president. nope.

I guess you actually have no knowledge of what happens when you store grain!!!!!! It actually makes more sense than being a tomb. Grain explosions probably happened a lot back then. Why not build an indestructible grain silo lol?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
What's most telling about Ben Carson is that he's upset that several media outlets are now looking into claims he's made about his past, and finding that NONE of them seem to be the truth.

How did he possibly think he was going to run for President and not have media outlets examine his claims about his past, especially when his entire persona is about who he is and what he did growing up that caused him to "Come to God".

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge

LOL

Because...the egyptians would have taken years and years to build three giant pyramids with not enough storage in them to feed the entire world...uh....LOL when even giant tents and the usual storage buildings for that type of thing would have made way more sense. Come on!

I like Carson as a person, I really do, and he is anti establishment...I of course like that..but he's nuts. Can't be president. nope.

I guess you actually have no knowledge of what happens when you store grain!!!!!! It actually makes more sense than being a tomb. Grain explosions probably happened a lot back then. Why not build an indestructible grain silo lol?

The Pyramids were already ancient at the time of Joseph and Moses.

Even the best guesses say that the pyramids took 20+ years to build. Joseph apparently had only a few years to prepare for famine, if you believe The Bible stories, which Carson does. Therefore, the Biblical narrative (which generally makes no sense) really makes no sense in this sense.

Carson wants his narrative to fit what The Bible says in every sense of the word, which makes me shudder as to what he'd do to America as President.

There was a very good reason the Founding Fathers did NOT found America as a Christian nation.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

What Empirical knowledge do you speak of? The BS they want you to believe? Like that the ISS can support life longer than a Ohio or Typhoon class nuclear sub?? Besides Oxygen you have to have FRESH AIR to support any life, something the ISS can not even think about doing. Every single Naval submariner will tell you that the ISS is IMPOSSIBLE!!! They would need several blimp sized tankers to visit them every month to pump fresh air in, oh but how would you get the old air out LMAO.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge

LOL

Why build something that is intrinsically implausible as a place to store grain? The pyramids all have corridors that slope upwards or downwards and also have sarcophagi! Why not just build a simple grain storage silo?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Well, think of it this way...

We haven't had any good pyramid discussions on ATS in a while, and thanks to political hoopla we're finally talking about how the pyramids were built and what they were used for.

I, for one, see that as a pretty good thing.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

As do I but I find the way that theories are demonized now we may never get to the truth.

If this debate was used as an indicator then we should just all agree right now that the only use and reason for them was as really cool tombstones.

Personally I think it defies logic to rest on one theory when no one knows either way.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Hi,

SC

The buried pyramid has a sarcophagus, the step pyramid has carvings showing the Pharaoh participating in funerary rites (the storage containers were there to store the supplies the Pharaoh would need in the afterlife by the way), the Meidum pyramid has an unfinished mortuary temple, the great pyramids of Giza have sarcophagi, and above all else we have the damn Pyramid Texts from the Fifth and Sixth Dynasties. Which say that they are TOMBS.

Hi,

Indeed, all of these things are present within the pyramids. But the narrative modern Egyptology as grafted onto them is, at best, confused, at worst completely wrong.

The correct cultural narrative for these first pyramids is one of LIFE, not death. The correct cultural narrative concerns itself with Chthonic ritual as oposed to Pharonic ritual. Simply because a granite box is given the name 'sarcophagus' by modern Egytpologists doesn't necessarily mean these stone boxes were, in fact, sarcophagi for human burial. And likewise, just because a building complex is given the name 'Mortuary Temple' by modern Egyptologists doesn't, in fact, make the building a 'Mortuary Temple'.

To claim a stone box is a sarcphagus requires empirical evidence. And, likewise, to claim a building complex is a 'Mortuary Temple' also requires empirical evidence. If, however, we look at the evidence relating to the earliest pyramids built by the ancient Egyptians then what we find, in fact, is that the actual physical evidence points away from the pyramid and its ancialliary structures as being funerary in nature.

Let's look at this in a little more detail. Of the first 19 pyramids (includes three that were unfinished), only three or so are known to have contained a stone box. Why no stone container in the others? Of the three or so that were discovered (in G1, G2, G3 and G3a) only G3a contained human remains. But analysis has shown that these remains were from a much later period--an intrusive burial. The same goes for the Step Pyramid at Saqqara in which part of a mummified foot was found. This also was analysed and found to be at least 1,000 years younger than the time of this pyramid's owner, King Djoser, supposedly lived.

In 1818 the Itaian pyramid explorer, Giovanni Belzoni, became the first modern explorer to enter the main chamber of G2, the second largest pyramid at Giza which Eyptologists attribute to King Khafre. When Belzoni removed the lid from the granite box it was not empty but contained a large quantity of earth and stones. Fragments of bone (of a bull) were found amongst the earth. Egyptologists explain away this find by asserting that, as they do with all other pyramids where no body of the king has ever been found, that the body was stolen in antiquity. After it had been stolen someone then decided to fill the stone box with earth and fragments of bull bones as some kind of offering. But this explanation by mainstream Egyptology to explain this evidence entirely overlooks the fact that the ancient Egyptians themselves, during the Osirian rebirth ritual of Khoiak, made small wood or stone boxes, filled it with earth and grain and buried it under a large rock that symbolised the mound of creation i.e. the pyramid. In other words, later ancient Egyptians held a festival which venerated the earth-filled stone box--in other words it was a Chtonic ritual of rebirth. These earth-filled boxes were usually very plain and undecorated and were known by the ancient Egyptians as 'Nebankh' (containers of life).

Of course, the AEs also used stone boxes for human burial known as "Qrsw". These stone boxes were quite different from 'Nebankh' as the Qrsw for human burial would usually have the name and titles of the deceased inscribed upon the Qrsw. We see this quite plainly from the available evidemce. Take Khafre's siblings--here are images of their Qrsw which contain their names and titles:

And here we find the supposed 'sarcophagus' of King Khafre, entirely devoid of any name and or title inscriptions:

And here is how the stone box in G2 may have looked when Belzoni first opened it:

'Qrsw' (i.e. for human burial) were generally found in underground tombs, rock-cut tombs or mastaba tombs. These were inscribed with the deceased's name and titles. 'Nebankh' on the other hand, were generally found within the pyramid and were stone boxes that did not contain the name or any title of any human--these were plain, unscribed stone boxes used for chthonic ritual that concerned itself with the rebirth of the Kingdom (the Earth) as opposed to the rebirth of the King. The Osirian religious revolution which came long after these first pyramids were built would ensure that this 'corporeal rebirth' concept was later adopted for the King's funerary rites.

The first 16 or so pyramids became, in time, the metaphorical 'dismembered body of Osiris' which, according to myth, was cut into 16 pieces and scattered across the land of Egypt. The Pyramid Texts do not tell us the pyramid is a tomb. The Pyramid Texts state quite clearly and unambiguously that the "...Pyramid is Osiris...", "...the construction is Osiris...", and "....Osiris is the grain....". In other words, the first 16 pyramids were the metaphorical body of Osiris (cut into 16 pieces) and filled with grain (and many other useful recovery items). This is why the AEs also during the Khoiak festival would make small effigies of the god Osiris and pack the body full of grain. These are known as 'Osiris Corn Mummies'. The origin of these 'Osiris Corn Mummies' is simply venerating the original purpose of the Pyramid as the original 'body of Osiris' filled with grain to ensure the rebirth/recovery of the Kingdom (after an anticipated cataclysm). These pyramids were not 'granaries' in the conventional sense but rather 'seed vaults' --not unlike the seed vault our own civilization built in Svalbard in 2008. It is not about feeding the entire population from a granary but simply about having enough to 'start anew'.

That is where the evidence points.

SC
edit on 8/11/2015 by Scott Creighton because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join