It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carson: Joseph built pyramids for grain storage.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: burdman30ott6

But the narrative you have built is akin to not voting for any Christian because they have a history of bombing abortion clinics, killing doctors and hanging black people from trees.

It all boils down to holding one's religion against them.

And do you deny there are people who do this very thing? You and I both know there are people on this very board who would never vote for someone like Carson only because he has professed religious belief and apparently believes.

It's important to know that I don't know whom I support yet, and that what I consider desirable in a candidate has less to do with their faith than what positions they endorse and whether or not I believe them at their word. After all, if all I needed was a simple profession of faith, I would have been all in with Huckabee or applauded Kasich's Medicaid answer ... I might even have fallen for Obama the first time around ... Don't you know he attended that church for 20 years?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: IAMTAT

Was a candidate, not the leading GOP one.

There is a difference, I agree Biden has said some dumb things but guess what, he isn't running so we don't have to worry about that right now.

Maybe think before you comment?

Mr. Biden WAS a candidate for President...(just like Dr. Carson is now).
Biden also isn't currently running for President....AND he said many...many really stupid things!
We are in agreement on these points.

And yet, some here think that this brilliant and well-educated, neurosurgeon is a dimwit, simply because (right or wrong) he has a personal, faith-based theory about something as innocuous as the purpose of the Pyramids.

Progressives scream Carson is ineligible because he freely embraces his religion (a freedom we all enjoy in this country) and has a personal opinion on the purpose of the Pyramids (many of us may also have theories of our own)...

...and yet with Biden, who has said many more things that most people consider to be absolutely moronic (including a variety of blatantly racist statements), they not only encouraged him to run for President in 2016, but continue to celebrate him (even President Obama said about choosing Biden as his VP, that it was "the single best decision that I have made").

I call simple partisan hypocrisy on this one.

edit on 5-11-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: netbound

Now, in the first case, I’m pretty sure once Biden was corrected on his blunder, he had enough sense to realize he screwed up.

However, in the second case, Carson took a stand on his pyramid theory and still believes in it’s correctness.

One case illustrates how a smart person can f*ckup and say something stupid now and then. We all have done it. The other case illustrates how a smart person can be great in one area (surgery) and be completely delusional in others.

I can't believe it took me reading six pages before someone pointed out this obvious logical categorical difference.

Thank you for stating it clearly and succinctly.

No one in their right mind thinks Obama walks around believing there are 57 states even if he accidentally said it one time when he was exhausted on the campaign trail. I've screwed up my speech on quite a few occasions when I was tired. Before an since then I have never heard of an issue with Obama not understanding the geography of the US.

With Carson, he stands by his long time theory that is more than just mangling one fact. What kind of relationship with the funding of the sciences can he have if he doesn't believe in science? The same science that dates our universe into the billions of years is the science that found the recent light anomalies from a star, that sends satellites into space, that searches for space rocks that may be on a collision course with earth etc..

Not only were Obama's and Biden's blunders just blunders, they didn't reveal a whole contradictory world view. Now, had Obama and Biden stated that the United States is older than ancient Rome, and stood by those comments, then one would have a comparable statement to those made by Carson.
edit on 5-11-2015 by AudioOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

...and yet with Biden, who has said many more things that most people consider to be absolutely moronic (including a variety of blatantly racist statements), they not only encouraged him to run for President in 2016, but continue to celebrate him (even President Obama said: "Biden is 'the single best decision that I have made").

I know plenty of progressives and liberals, myself included that think Biden is a joke of a candidate as well so your point is false.

BTW, this thread isn't about Biden nor is this a partisan thing.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been covered, but my browser is going way to slow to read the whole thread. I will commence to research on my own after this reply.

Is there any information about a theory the pyramids had more room ages ago?
(Updated) Yes there is information about the first dynasties and Joseph doing just this.
These grain pre tomb theories have just as much weight as some theories. I will continue to research as to any proof to there being more room 1st dynasty or 2nd.

Given Egypt turned into a dessert and was supposedly lush at some point soo....my first though was
As the tropical grow able land turned to dessert, the wheat would be something valuable enough to protect and dwindle over time.
Only after this would they convert it into a tomb as only the elite and healers survived to the end.

As I said first thought and I will also say there are worse theories out there and lets ask all candidates this question as well.

Who thinks they know the truth anyway?

I have a few theories I am not able to choose between but have never had this brought to my attention or would not have thought so in the first place. Wheat storage sounds silly at first glance....but do we even have the information to do better pre tomb era if there was one?
edit on 5-11-2015 by randomthoughts12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2015 by randomthoughts12 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And do you deny there are people who do this very thing? You and I both know there are people on this very board who would never vote for someone like Carson only because he has professed religious belief and apparently believes.

No, I do not deny it. All I was doing was pointing-out the hypocrisy in Mr. Ott6's line of thinking.

link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

...and yet with Biden, who has said many more things that most people consider to be absolutely moronic (including a variety of blatantly racist statements), they not only encouraged him to run for President in 2016, but continue to celebrate him (even President Obama said: "Biden is 'the single best decision that I have made").

I know plenty of progressives and liberals, myself included that think Biden is a joke of a candidate as well so your point is false.

...And how do you explain his high polling numbers prior to him deciding not to run in 2016?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
You and I both know there are people on this very board who would never vote for someone like Carson only because he has professed religious belief and apparently believes.

You know, you are pretty much claiming atheists don't vote.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

...And how do you explain his high polling numbers prior to him deciding not to run in 2016?

Stupid people being misinformed.

Media Bias.

Establishment Bias in the Polls.

Paid for results.

Stupid People again just because.

Hell, even Deez Nuts had high polling numbers.
edit on 5-11-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

For this group,

as a presidential candidate would invite less ridicule because at least to them aliens are more plausible than God.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

If you use your imagination what was the pyramids built for? They swapped the burial scene to a mountain formed as a pyramide, you had a slope going into it.. Sometimes the simplest of answers could be the most logical.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

It is explained the same as Trump and Carson, you can say stupid things and people will still give you the vote for a poll.

I guess we don't care about fundamental stances taken from the OT.
That isn't the right boogeyman to be scared of.

It isn't like the OT says anything about killing people and what not.
/shrug.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I didn't think Biden was a viable candidate at all btw. I think that would really be the third term of Obama.

And I don't think Carson is a dimwit, I just don't like that he has such fanatic views about the bible.
I also don't think it is something that needs to be just brushed of to the side like no big deal.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

as a presidential candidate would invite less ridicule because at least to them aliens are more plausible than God.

I hate to break it to you but technically speaking there is better evidence for aliens than you Christian God. Although we have no hard evidence for either of them we at least know of life in our universe. We are proof of this. We also know there are other planets out there similar to ours that would support life similar to ours. So just the odds alone are better that there is some other form of life in the universe besides us than there is for an Omin-Everything God Being that is infinite yet outside our universe and so on and so forth. There is no valid evidence to support such an idea.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Stupid people being misinformed.

Media Bias.

Establishment Bias in the Polls.

Paid for results.

Stupid People again just because.

Hell, even Deez Nuts had high polling numbers.

Then, by your own reasoning, there must be a helluva lot of stupid, misinformed and gullible democrats out there.

Biden was very popular.

POLL CHART
Joe Biden Favorable Rating

Latest Polls

POLLSTER DATES POP. FAVORABLE UNFAVORABLE UNDECIDED MARGIN
YouGov/Economist 10/23 - 10/27 2,000 A 46 38 15 Favorable +8
AP-GfK (web) 10/15 - 10/19 1,027 A 40 39 21 Favorable +1
NBC/WSJ 10/15 - 10/18 1,000 A 42 31 27 Favorable +11
CNN 10/14 - 10/17 1,028 A 51 37 12 Favorable +14
YouGov/Economist 10/8 - 10/12 2,000 A 47 38 15 Favorable +9
ABC/Post 10/7 - 10/11 1,002 A 45 40 15 Favorable +5
Gallup 10/7 - 10/11 1,015 A 49 37 15 Favorable +12
CBS 10/4 - 10/8 1,038 RV 38 36 26 Favorable +2
PPP (D) 10/1 - 10/4 1,338 LV 44 44 12 -
YouGov/Economist 9/25 - 9/29 2,000 A 49 37 14 Favorable +12
Suffolk/USA Today 9/24 - 9/28 1,000 LV 51 35 15 Favorable +16
Morning Consult 9/24 - 9/27 1,543 RV 49 40 11 Favorable +9
NBC/WSJ 9/20 - 9/24 1,000 A 40 28 32 Favorable +12
FOX 9/20 - 9/22 1,013 RV 49 40 11 Favorable +9
Bloomberg/Selzer 9/18 - 9/21 1,001 A 49 41 10 Favorable +8
Quinnipiac 9/17 - 9/21 787 RV 50 34 15 Favorable +16
YouGov/Economist 9/11 - 9/15 2,000 A 48 37 14 Favorable +11
MSNBC/Telemundo/Marist 8/26 - 9/9 1,689 A 37 29 34 Favorable +8
YouGov/Economist 8/28 - 9/1 2,000 A 46 39 15 Favorable +7
PPP (D) 8/28 - 8/30 1,254 LV 43 40 17 Favorable +3
ABC/Post 8/26 - 8/30 1,005 A 46 46 9 -
Quinnipiac 8/20 - 8/25 781 RV 48 39 12 Favorable +9
YouGov/Economist 8/14 - 8/18 2,000 A 44 41 15 Favorable +3
CNN 8/13 - 8/16 897 RV 47 46 8 Favorable +1
Gallup 8/5 - 8/9 1,011 A 47 40 14 Favorable +7
YouGov/Economist 7/31 - 8/4 2,000 A 41 41 17 -
Quinnipiac 7/23 - 7/28 822 RV 49 39 12 Favorable +10
YouGov/Economist 7/18 - 7/20 1,000 A 43 44 14 Unfavorable +1
Morning Consult 7/17 - 7/20 1,978 RV 43 46 12 Unfavorable +3
YouGov/Economist 7/11 - 7/13 1,000 A 43 43 14 -

elections.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Then, by your own reasoning, there must be a helluva lot of stupid, misinformed and gullible democrats out there.

Biden was very popular.

Ok.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

It is explained the same as Trump and Carson, you can say stupid things and people will still give you the vote for a poll.

I guess we don't care about fundamental stances taken from the OT.
That isn't the right boogeyman to be scared of.

It isn't like the OT says anything about killing people and what not.
/shrug.

And maybe it's just that we've been beaten over the head so often by this boogeyman that it's started to lose its power.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I hate to break it to you but technically speaking there is better evidence for aliens than you Christian God. Although we have no hard evidence for either of them we at least know of life in our universe. We are proof of this. We also know there are other planets out there similar to ours that would support life similar to ours. So just the odds alone are better that there is some other form of life in the universe besides us than there is for an Omin-Everything God Being that is infinite yet outside our universe and so on and so forth. There is no valid evidence to support such an idea.

If we're the only proof of life in the universe, then we are also the proof of God.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

If we're the only proof of life in the universe, then we are also the proof of God.

BRAVO! That was the most sensible and insightful statement on this entire thread!

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

BRAVO! That was the most sensible and insightful statement on this entire thread!

Pbbt! Of course, they could find life on another planet tomorrow, and I'd still say the same. For me, God is beyond this universe and it's all His creation.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join