It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carson: Joseph built pyramids for grain storage.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

If he upsets only the people on the left, what does that tell you?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Seems a little racist to me but again, it's your choice how to vote and why so go ahead. At least that method will make voting fairly simple anyway as there aren't too many non-white folks up for a vote anyway.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I could tell you how I found him. It might take some effort on your part to replicate the conditions.

How do you know you found the god in the Christian faith? If you were in the Middle East, you'd most likely claim you found Allah. Or if you were Native American you would have found the Great Spirit.

You found that particular god because you are a product of your environment.

What does that tell us?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 0 x 0

Obviously, you haven't read the thread. I said I don't agree with his particular statement on the pyramids.

I will point out that whatever his personal religious beliefs are and however antithetical many here obviously believe them to be with science among other things (like the presidency), he was obviously extremely successful in a very technical and highly scientific discipline (neurosurgery). Clearly, he is very capable of separating his beliefs from his discipline and what he has to know in order to do it and do it well.

If he wasn't able to, there would be tons of stories about all the medical malpractice suits from his clients over the years, and THAT would be linked to his religious beliefs and how they rendered him incapable of being a competent surgeon. Since those stories do not exist ... we have no choice but to assume he had no issues whatsoever being what he needed to be to be a very capable brain surgeon.

Does anyone have any reason to believe that he would be incapable of doing likewise as president? So far, the evidence is that he can indeed separate church and profession, so why not church and state?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

It's not just people on the left though is it??? But if it was, it would tell me that everyone on the right must also be completely crazy as well.

Luckily there are plenty of people who aren't on the left that also think he's nuts.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

It's not just people on the left though is it??? But if it was, it would tell me that everyone on the right must also be completely crazy as well.

Luckily there are plenty of people who aren't on the left that also think he's nuts.

They're racist then.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I will point out that whatever his personal religious beliefs are and however antithetical many here obviously believe them to be with science among other things (like the presidency), he was obviously extremely successful in a very technical and highly scientific discipline (neurosurgery). Clearly, he is very capable of separating his beliefs from his discipline and what he has to know in order to do it and do it well.

That is a logical fallacy. An argument from authority.

John Lear was quite an accomplished pilot and held many records as a pilot. Does that mean he was correct in saying that there are soul catchers on the moon and every planet in the solar system has thriving civilizations?

Of course not.

Does anyone have any reason to believe that he would be incapable of doing likewise as president?

Good question. While it is quite possible that he may be capable of doing the job, considering the politicians we have put in office before, there is nothing wrong with looking at what he believes to inform ourselves as to who the guy is.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Not much really since something tells me that no matter what my religious/spiritual background was, you'd challenge me just the same. How do you know you found Allah and not the Christian God? How do you know you found the Great Spirit and the Great Pumpkin or Flying Spaghetti Monster?

It tells me that you've never had any kind of spiritual experience of reason to believe they exist if anything.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

You think you can actually hold that much grain in them???

I'm not even going to entertain this idea. You have to be out of your mind to first of all believe biblical stories. But to then try and apply such an idea as he built the pyramids to store grain. Please..

I feel that way about people who think they're some sort of mathematical statement, or are "batteries", or some sort of ancient power supply et al.

link   
Estimated Date for life of Joseph (assuming he even existed which is a BIG assumption even among Bible scholars) 1850 BCE (wildly estimated, this the oldest date I found range was 1850 - 1263 BCE).

Source "Joseph" Wiki

Estimated Date for the Construction of the Great Pyramid 2580-2560 BCE.

Well, that's the first problem.

Overall volume: 91,227,778 cu ft mostly solid rock...

Source "Great Pyramid of Giza"
edit on 20Thu, 05 Nov 2015 20:04:52 -060015p0820151166 by Gryphon66 because: Links

link   

I didn't say he was correct or incorrect. I only pointed out that whatever his beliefs are, they did not stop him from being very successful, one of the best.

My argument was not to convince you of the correctness of his beliefs only to point out that they have no hindered him at being very, very good at what he does. And that most would consider what he does to be something that would be hindered by that particular belief set.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

They're racist then.

How does that make anyone racist?? Left and Right politics aren't about race. You're not making sense.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: 0 x 0

Obviously, you haven't read the thread. I said I don't agree with his particular statement on the pyramids.

If he wasn't able to, there would be tons of stories about all the medical malpractice suits from his clients over the years, and THAT would be linked to his religious beliefs and how they rendered him incapable of being a competent surgeon. Since those stories do not exist ... we have no choice but to assume he had no issues whatsoever being what he needed to be to be a very capable brain surgeon.

Does anyone have any reason to believe that he would be incapable of doing likewise as president? So far, the evidence is that he can indeed separate church and profession, so why not church and state?

If Dr. Carson is disciplined enough to successfully seperate Siamese Twins...he is probably disciplined enough to seperate church and state.

Hell, Hillary can't even successfully seperate personal and government emails on her personal server.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Carson isn't afraid or swayed by polls as to what to say. He speaks his mind and isn't afraid to be open about his beliefs.

That tells me more about him than any other candidate on either side of the aisle.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Ben Carson has never held or run for public office.

How many of you thought Mr. Obama was too inexperienced again?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Yes, he's a great brain surgeon. Presidents don't do brain surgery and brain surgery has nothing at all to do with running the most powerful nation on earth.

So what's your point???

Would you hire a master mechanic to be your chef??? Or a master gardener to remodel your house??? Sure they might be able to pull it off with some serious help but that doesn't mean that is the best choice.

link   

It tells me that you've never had any kind of spiritual experience of reason to believe they exist if anything.

Nope. Not one.

Raised in a southern baptist church, never had any sort of spiritual experience, but I witnessed people around me claim to have such experiences. As I got older it became clear that these "experiences" are no different than those of people that claim to have been abducted by aliens, or had a meeting with the Galactic Federation.

In my studies I have found that belief is part environment and part psychological.

Either you are trained to believe, or you want to believe, for whatever reason.

link   
The Great Pyramid At Giza housed an Alien reactor, that Moses ripped off, that now currently resides under a large vault Beneath OAK Island
edit on 5-11-2015 by SPECULUM because: Of Sally

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

But mOjOm ... he "speaks his mind."

If this pyramid thing is an example of that in action ... perhaps he'd be better off not to quite so much ...

(I am astounded that any of our friends on the Right are defending this ... absurdity.)
edit on 20Thu, 05 Nov 2015 20:13:25 -060015p0820151166 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

And that most would consider what he does to be something that would be hindered by that particular belief set.

Why is that? He is a self-professed Christian and a neurosurgeon. He helps save lives. That it not contradictory to his faith in any way.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join