It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carson: Joseph built pyramids for grain storage.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Regardless Carson being a former brain surgeon, what is most concerning with the comments that continuously come from him shows he is not able to think critically due to his religious stances. Personally not a fan of a theocratic presidential candidate.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

YES!
His flat tax plan he said he takes from bible!

Carson, who is still nose to nose with Trump in the polls, has so far stuck with the simple idea he first began mooting years ago: a 10 percent flat tax on income modeled on the biblical tithe.

www.bloombergview.com...

I know others push flat tax, but he says it needs to be that way because if it is good for god it is good for us.
www.slate.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

You're entitled to say whatever you like saneone, but I didn't say "all", just to clarify the difference in our statements.

link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Saves me money, whether it stems from God, Allah, or a mystical narwhal matter not to me... it was a fair plan 2,000 years ago and it's a fair plan today.

link   
Regarding the comparison made earlier between Carson and Biden, there’s a difference between a f*ckup and a conviction.

In the first case, Biden f*cked up when he made his statement. First, he was off by 4 years on the president who was in office at the time of the crash. This mistake is understandable. Second, his mention of TV was a blunder. He should have known better.

In the second case, Ben Carson’s statement was one of conviction. He had thoughtout the pyramid theory and truly believed in it.

Now, in the first case, I’m pretty sure once Biden was corrected on his blunder, he had enough sense to realize he screwed up.

However, in the second case, Carson took a stand on his pyramid theory and still believes in it’s correctness.

One case illustrates how a smart person can f*ckup and say something stupid now and then. We all have done it. The other case illustrates how a smart person can be great in one area (surgery) and be completely delusional in others.

I’ll place my confidence in the first case. It’s quickly correctable. The second case, however, may not be correctable, and it hints at possible mental disturbance.

Ben Carson has no business leading this country. I have serious doubts about his ability to separate church and state in matters of politics and diplomacy.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: introvert

I wouldn't entirely disagree with that, aside from the fact that the US hasn't been at war with a Christian enemy since WWII, whereas we've been in a very costly war with a Muslim enemy for 14 years now.

Interesting.

There are many Muslims in America that have the right to run for office. Would you say it is acceptable and not bigoted to oppose them based on their religion and the wars we have been involved in against Muslims?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

My apologies then charlie, most Muslims are terrorists is that better.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I vote based almost entirely off of protection of my rights and protection of the little pieces of green paper in my wallet. If a devout Muslim ran on a platform of overturning the ACA, dropping my taxes, and defending my rights AND if I believed them, I'd vote for one in a heartbeat.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

No, it's not 'better'. It's a broad, sweeping, bigoted statement.

In fact, most muslims are NOT terrorists. Just like most christians are not Westboro Baptist Church bullies.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

...and I thought they were silos used to store salt to spread on camel paths during the winter months.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I didn't say "most" either, saneone.

And again, you can believe as you wish.

Just as I believe and know for a fact there is a lot of racist Republicans.

If the shoe doesn't fit you, it shouldn't bother you.
edit on 5-11-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Removed an "a"! Noted.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

But saying that most republicans are racist is acceptable?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'll bet the dembs are ecstatic that Carson is ahead in the polls. Hillary will wipe the floor with him and his fundamentalism.

The GOP would be better off with the donald. Actually anyone besides Dr. Ben....

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

So yes, as long as you agree with it, then it can't cloud his judgement.
At least you are honest about it.

link   

a reply to: amazing

Which is crazier: Putting that effort into building something to protect and store edible food grains for a large population, providing protection from famine and loss, or putting that much effort into building a goddamned tomb to house one inbred megalomaniac ruler?

Not saying I prescribe to Carson's theory, but it strikes me that his theory paints the ancient Egyptians as a lot more intelligent and rational than they likely were according to archeological findings.

And I could see that if I thought the Pyramid was a good storage building. It doesn't appear to be and it would also appear too costly to build and too long of a project. At least 20 years and 4,000 workers. Just saying...

link   

But saying that most republicans are racist is acceptable?

I didn't say that. And I don't 'think' it.

Please don't project that onto me.

edit on 11/5/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I wouldn't entirely disagree with that, aside from the fact that the US hasn't been at war with a Christian enemy since WWII, whereas we've been in a very costly war with a Muslim enemy for 14 years now.

Ya, one we created after we invaded two countries that had zero to do with 9/11.
And then we get mad when people in that area fought back.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Fair enough. I would just like to point out that at first you said a person would be a bigot if they attack a man's entire character and fitness to lead purely based on his religious beliefs, but then justified such thinking if we were at war with a nation with a similar faith.

Seems to be a bit inconsistent and not all that much different than those that are critical of Carson.

We all have our own way of vetting candidates and it is a bit shortsighted to call people bigots for taking a similar, yet different approach as you.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I always correct my spelling because my phone auto selects words for me.

The context of what I said hasn't changed in the slightest.

So long as Hillary or Trump doesn't win my plans to move to the States in a few years haven't changed...

I'll be a voter soon enough.

edit on 5-11-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Selects, not delete! Noted.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join