It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carson: Joseph built pyramids for grain storage.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Was a candidate, not the leading GOP one.

There is a difference, I agree Biden has said some dumb things but guess what, he isn't running so we don't have to worry about that right now.

Maybe think before you comment?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Here's a few more stupid things said by democrat Vice President, Joe Biden...who, like Dr. Ben Carson, was also a candidate running for President.

Seeing as how this is clearly not limited to Ben Carson saying unconventional things, let's not forget Obama's "57 states" comment or Hillary Clinton's baffling "I landed under sniper fire."

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

It does when they start basing reality of God speaking to them or Beliefs rather than facts.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Storage? the pyramids have very tiny rooms for their enormous size.

Who would put so much effort for a glorious great storage bin?

If His storage bin was the Great pyramid then what his house was like?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Wait, Dubya said that god told him to end the tyranny in Iraq, and he was POTUS. How's Ben Carson's assertion about the pyramids, which are tangible, any less out there than Bush taking orders from an imaginary spaceman?

"George Bush: 'God told me to end the tyranny in Iraq' "
www.theguardian.com...

edit on 11jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
The reason I don't like to pick on the GOP too harshly for their fundamentalist beliefs (at least the beliefs that don't affect their politics) is that someday, my favorite liberal candidate is going to announce their weird belief in lizard people or unicorns, or something odd like that, and I would hate to see them dismissed because of it.

Why??? You should dismiss them just the same. We don't need liberals talking about Space Lizards in the Oval office either.

Not unless we have facts that there really are Space Lizards first. This isn't a partisan thing. It's more important than that.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Dubya was crazy too. I didn't like the fact that he was saying he spoke to God or God to him either. That should have tipped people off that he's either lying or just crazy then too.

But as you can see, once you mention God or someone's religion, all logic and reason go out the window and people just think it's wonderful.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
But as you can see, once you mention God or someone's religion, all logic and reason go out the window and people just think it's wonderful.

...or the bigots come out of the woodwork.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

My instinct is to facepalm and criticize Carson's comments. Then I remember all the the racebaiting-fingerpointing any criticism of Obama got me and I think I'll pass.

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
...or the bigots come out of the woodwork.

So I'm a bigot now because I don't like what people do sometimes in the name of Religion??? Fine, whatever.

I guess only you are allowed to like and dislike certain things then while I'm a bigot for doing the same.

link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

It does when they start basing reality of God speaking to them or Beliefs rather than facts.

Exactly. That's when it becomes scary. That's why I clarified what I said, making a distinction between fundy views that do and do not affect their political decision making.

A fundy believing that all non-Christians should be stoned to death as commanded in the bible? Bad.
A fundy believing that a demographic should be marginalized because their god commanded it? Bad.
A fundy believing in something really wacky about our pyramids? Silly but not all that relevant.

Every current GOP candidate has expressed policy intent and plans that already paint them as super dangerous in my eyes, regardless of their personal religious/conspiracy theories.

I don't know... I guess I'm just waiting for somebody to dig something up on Sanders that paints him as eccentric (like Carson's pyramid theory) and I just don't want to be that hypocrite saying that it isn't relevant if I thought it was relevant for his opponent. Do you see where I'm going with this?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
My goodness. I don't understand how people are defending this or think it in no way has any bearing on his leadership skills. Further, what the hell is with the idea of as conspiracy theorists we should respect all theories anyone has ever? On ATS? No. We're supposed to do the opposite, dismiss and debunk the clutter (and this is clutter) to get to the truth of things. Deny Ignorance ring any bells?

Anyway, yes it does matter that Carson says and believes these idiotic things... it indicates, quite strongly, that he isn't right in the head.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Are we really worried that if elected he will use his pen and phone to force everyone to believe the pyramids held grain?

Do any of us really, seriously believe that any president could bring anything into law from the OT these days?? I ask in all honesty because we all know that couldn't happen in a million years. Many presidents have had beliefs that they did not allow to interfere with their jobs. I just don't understand why it should be any different for Carson. As if somehow he will be the one to bring stoning to the US because of his beliefs. He's not going to sign executive orders forcing everyone to pray, fast, etc. That's not even remotely possible these days.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: buster2010
Guess somebody forgot to tell Carson that Joseph was from Canaan not Egypt. Not to mention there is no evidence that the pyramids was used for grain storage.

Joseph was brought to Egypt as a slave. It's part of Jewish and Biblical history, but you probably missed that. Better to comment definitively on topics about which you have no understanding, eh?...No worries...carry on.

Perhaps I should have simplified my answer for the slow people. Joseph being a Canaanite and not an Egyptian could have in no way had the pyramids built in Egypt. Btw yes I have read the bible and knew he was a slave that also just gives further proof that he couldn't have had them built.

link   
God forbid someone should have their own opinions.

What a load of irrelevant dross.

He's a crap leader because he hasn't got a clue how to run a country, not because of his beliefs about ancient times.

Irrelevant dross is irrelevant dross.

link   
Have we considered that there is a difference between saying stupid things, and believing in stupid things as part of a deeply held conviction?

I believe there is.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
God forbid someone should have their own opinions.

What a load of irrelevant dross.

He's a crap leader because he hasn't got a clue how to run a country, not because of his beliefs about ancient times.

Irrelevant dross is irrelevant dross.

That's what I'm talking about.

Base it on something that matters at least.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

First of all this isn't the only crazy thing Carson has said. If it was you could probably let it slide more easily.

Second they already tried using some college essay Sanders wrote against him but it didn't really get much traction. But even with Sanders, if he comes out tomorrow saying he thinks Space Lizards are going to invade or something, I'm dropping his really fast.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
My goodness. I don't understand how people are defending this or think it in no way has any bearing on his leadership skills. Further, what the hell is with the idea of as conspiracy theorists we should respect all theories anyone has ever? On ATS? No. We're supposed to do the opposite, dismiss and debunk the clutter (and this is clutter) to get to the truth of things. Deny Ignorance ring any bells?

Anyway, yes it does matter that Carson says and believes these idiotic things... it indicates, quite strongly, that he isn't right in the head.

For me at least, I think it is just because I've become desensitized to their brand of crazy. Ben Carson, who tells childhood stories of throwing rocks at people and stabbing somebody and who holds on to 1950's era values as if they were applicable today... I just don't think something like this really matters.

It's like tacking on a shoplifting charge to somebody facing death row. There's a certain point that crazy just becomes another drop in the bucket.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

How does anyone know if he can or can't run a country when he hasn't been givin a chance?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join