It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carson: Joseph built pyramids for grain storage.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Lets put another perspective on this. No one has thought about the actual implications of Carson believing this may be true. It may be indicative of a desire to diminish the accomplishments of a non-Judeo-Christian culture while artificially glorifying (through completely bogus claims) a Judeo-Christian one.

By taking the majesty of the pyramids away from the ancient Egyptians and giving them to Joseph, he's really trying to revise history and make Christians look better.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I'm not saying this one thing alone is enough to toss him out. But it's not the only thing. He's getting a good stock pile of crazy built up here in the past few months. This just adds to the list.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Do any of us really, seriously believe that any president could bring anything into law from the OT these days??

No, but we still have people freaking out over the threat of sharia law when that same logic should be used.

So if we are scared of that happening, then some one who shows his fundamental beliefs should worry people.
That is my point, it absolutely can bring leadership in question.

We were already brought into two wars based on gods word, I don't want that happening again.

link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I don't need to be given the chance to know that I can't.

It's quite simple though, his policies are trash.

Ergo... Guffaw.

link   
For me it's not just this one thing. Everyone makes mistake and says things our of context.

But this is crazy. Think about it. He really thinks the egyptians would have spent 20 years and 4,000 workers to build a construction that isn't even hollow and isn't logistically sensible to store grain.? When they could have easily build several large buildings with existing technology within several months?

Then he said he believes in a literal 7 day creation and does not believe in Evolution.

and you guys don't believe that he'll be bad for Science?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
...or the bigots come out of the woodwork.

So I'm a bigot now because I don't like what people do sometimes in the name of Religion???

But Ben Carson hasn't done anything in relation to this belief or his belief the Earth is 6,000 years old! And yeah, you're a bigot if you attack a man's entire character and fitness to lead purely based on his religious beliefs. It's kind of the definition of the word and the concept. If Ben Carson starts advocating tax increases due to his religious beliefs, or increases in welfare spending due to his religious beliefs, or war against another country based on his religious beliefs, I'll stand beside you and rip him to shreds because his beliefs would then be clouding his judgement and he would be unfit to lead... the truth is there are no signs of any of that happening.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Yes this alone wouldn't make him a bad leader, but it should bring into question if he would be able to put his faith to the side and make a decision.

Since more and more of the nation is becoming more secular, would he be able to go against his faith to serve them?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The Bible doesn't even say that Joseph stored the grain in the pyramids, just that he stored them. Carson literally pulled this out of thin air.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

And yeah, you're a bigot if you attack a man's entire character and fitness to lead purely based on his religious beliefs

I can agree, but if that is true why did the Right make such a big deal about Obama potentially being a Muslim?

Even though he isn't a Muslim, just the possibility of it being true was used against him.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

If Ben Carson starts advocating tax increases due to his religious beliefs, or increases in welfare spending due to his religious beliefs, or war against another country based on his religious beliefs, I'll stand beside you and rip him to shreds because his beliefs would then be clouding his judgement and he would be unfit to lead.

So as long as he doesn't use it to justify things you don't agree with it can't cloud his judgement?

I don't mind leaders having some sort of faith, I have issues with this fundamental beliefs.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Which is crazier: Putting that effort into building something to protect and store edible food grains for a large population, providing protection from famine and loss, or putting that much effort into building a goddamned tomb to house one inbred megalomaniac ruler?

Not saying I prescribe to Carson's theory, but it strikes me that his theory paints the ancient Egyptians as a lot more intelligent and rational than they likely were according to archeological findings.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Have any presidents in the past been able to do so?

Would a die hard atheist be able to without infringing the 1st and freedoms?

All ifs and buts my friend, his policies alone will be his downfall.

Not to mention he won't beat Trump or Bush anyways.
Nor Hillary if he did manage to beat the other 2.

It's fair to say that a lot of Republicans wouldn't even vote for a black guy anyways no matter his beliefs.
*Flame suit on*
edit on 5-11-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Will be!

edit on 5-11-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Spellings again! Noted.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: mOjOm
But as you can see, once you mention God or someone's religion, all logic and reason go out the window and people just think it's wonderful.

...or the bigots come out of the woodwork.

I never though skepticism and logic as actions of bigotry to the fools.

Lets make it an advice;
Always agree with the fools and their various ridiculous ideas,
otherwise they might call you a bigot for using reason which opposes their delusional cosmotheory.

At least the ''bigots'' now aren't burned alive for their ''bigotry''.
edit on ThuThu, 05 Nov 2015 17:01:29 -06001PMk000000Thursdaypm by Dr1Akula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
So as long as he doesn't use it to justify things you don't agree with it can't cloud his judgement?

I don't mind leaders having some sort of faith, I have issues with this fundamental beliefs.

1. Hmm, has he used his beliefs to justify any planned decisions that you've seen?

2. Good for you, then don't vote for him.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I'm not attacking him based on his Religious Beliefs, although those beliefs have a big part of his craziness that I am attacking him on.

You don't think that he'd start a War with Iran and just about anyone else in a second if Israel want's it??? Think about it. He wouldn't even question it simply because of his Religious Loyalty. That's an issue.

He's already basing his Tax Plan on the Church model donations which he clearly stated as where the idea came from.

He said a Muslim should not be elected president, which is based solely on his religious beliefs and is technically against the constitution as no religious test or affiliation is required.

You see where I'm going with this???

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

or putting that much effort into building a goddamned tomb to house one inbred megalomaniac ruler?

That they believed were close to being Gods.

link   
a reply to: introvert

I wouldn't entirely disagree with that, aside from the fact that the US hasn't been at war with a Christian enemy since WWII, whereas we've been in a very costly war with a Muslim enemy for 14 years now.

link   

And yeah, you're a bigot if you attack a man's entire character and fitness to lead purely based on his religious beliefs.

Would I be a bigot if I disliked him for believing a religion that advocates nuclear war? Would I be a bigot if I disliked him for believing a religion that promoted slavery?

Fundamental Christianity is not a quality I want in a President. That doesn't make me a bigot.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I would assume they have, and not saying he couldn't do it. Just that how could we say it wouldn't?

And ya an atheist could be pres and not infringe on the rights, well unless he/she tried to pass something banning all religion.
Which I would disagree with.

I am all for looking at his policies more, but not for ignoring that he thinks that the earth was created in 6000 years and the pyramids were used for grain storage.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Lol it's fair to say republicans are racists? So I suppose it's fair to say all Muslims are terrorists then right?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join