It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Nuclear Units On The Move, Civilians Told To Leave, Putin vs. ISIS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

There is an ongoing NATO exercise in the eastern Med until November 6th. It is called Trident Juncture. In the meantime, there is another source with a few articles leading up to the story:

allnewspipeline.com... but I do agree with everyone that we need more officious sources..
edit on 1-11-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Shar

www.zerohedge.com...

"That didn't take long: following the worst Russian airplane disaster in history, the question everyone was asking is who is responsible. Moments ago we may have gotten the answer.

A militant group affiliated to Islamic State in Egypt claimed responsibility for the downing of a Russian passenger plane that crashed in Egypt's Sinai peninsula on Saturday, the group said in a statement circulated by supporters on Twitter.

Below is the full statement from a group alleging to speak on behalf of Islamic State, posted on their affiliate site, translated by the Guardian's Jahd Khalil. It offers no evidence that the group brought down the plane, apart from their word."

"Soldiers of the Caliphate were able to bring down a Russian plane above Sinai Province with at least 220 Russian crusaders aboard.

They were all killed, praise be to God. O Russians, you and your allies take note that you are not safe in Muslims lands or their skies.

The killing of dozens daily in Syria with bombs from your planes will bring woe to you. Just as you are killing others, you too will be killed, God willing."

There were 25 children on the airplane..

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: tony9802
a reply to: Shar

www.zerohedge.com...

"That didn't take long: following the worst Russian airplane disaster in history, the question everyone was asking is who is responsible. Moments ago we may have gotten the answer.

A militant group affiliated to Islamic State in Egypt claimed responsibility for the downing of a Russian passenger plane that crashed in Egypt's Sinai peninsula on Saturday, the group said in a statement circulated by supporters on Twitter.

Below is the full statement from a group alleging to speak on behalf of Islamic State, posted on their affiliate site, translated by the Guardian's Jahd Khalil. It offers no evidence that the group brought down the plane, apart from their word."

"Soldiers of the Caliphate were able to bring down a Russian plane above Sinai Province with at least 220 Russian crusaders aboard.

They were all killed, praise be to God. O Russians, you and your allies take note that you are not safe in Muslims lands or their skies.

The killing of dozens daily in Syria with bombs from your planes will bring woe to you. Just as you are killing others, you too will be killed, God willing."

There were 25 children on the airplane..

www.zerohedge.com...

Pretty much a declaration of war. . . . Sooo how will Russia respond?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

There is an ongoing NATO exercise in the eastern Med until November 6th. It is called Trident Juncture.

Actually it is taking place mostly in the Western part of the Med,

More than 160 aircraft including fighter jets, refueling tankers, transport aircraft, helicopters, surveillance planes and drones are training in the exercise, operating from 15 air bases in Italy, Spain, and Portugal, the three Allies hosting Trident Juncture.

and
www.pinterest.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
a reply to: tony9802

What's the chances of this being true? I find this prospect really scary, I never thought we would see anyone use their nukes...

There is no way that nukes are going to be effective on any terrorist group.
Somebody needs to get real!

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure Russia denied this.

And I'm pretty sure Russia will not nuke anyone, especially not ISIS, because there's no need for such a drastic action, when ISIS is getting destroyed either way.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Precisely what will be the Russian response.. if ISIS did not shoot it down, the possibility of bombs aboard the plane remains..They have found the cockpit boxes, but we could still be misinformed as to the information found on them;

ISIS declaring a war against Russia is entirely outrageous-- but events are certainly turning this way..Russia is attempting to disavow the ISIS claim of responsibility; if the claim is true, then this World War is taking some very bizarre turns in my opinion..

It's better to keep an eye on everything, since anything can happen, at virtually any time..

(The cockpit boxes are being studied today by Russian and Egyptian authorities locally and on site at the Egytian Aviation Ministry..)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Makes no sense and source is crap.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Those questioning the source on this story are, in my opinion, entirely correct for doing so.
However, that duly noted... if Russia WERE to nuke ISIS, I really don't think any nation on the planet would do much of anything aside from griping, moaning and whining.

There just isn't the required backbone in ANY nation right now to do more.
In fact, there may well be more applause than anything.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

There is an ongoing NATO exercise in the eastern Med until November 6th. It is called Trident Juncture.

Actually it is taking place mostly in the Western part of the Med,

More than 160 aircraft including fighter jets, refueling tankers, transport aircraft, helicopters, surveillance planes and drones are training in the exercise, operating from 15 air bases in Italy, Spain, and Portugal, the three Allies hosting Trident Juncture.

and
www.pinterest.com...

Just found this article concerning opposition in Sicily concerning the Trident Juncture exercises:www.rt.com...

"Hundreds of people have taken to the streets of Sicily protesting against Trident Juncture 2015, the largest military maneuvers in more than a decade, which NATO claims are designed to adapt the alliance to “emerging security challenges.”

Russia-NATO relations

The protesters marched through the streets of the city of Marsala, less than 10 miles (16km) from Vincenzo Florio Airport. The airport is a base for the 37th Wing of the Italian air force and is one of the forward operating bases (FOBs) used by NATO Airborne Early Warning and Control."

There is a video accompanying the newsarticle.. www.rt.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Oh it will, it's called wormwood.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I do not even know what these tact nukes could do but sound of it they could be lethal for rather large area and so i doubt anything like that will be used here, especially since there is no real "need" for anything that large, right?
This how ever could be made work to bring even better defenses and assaults against the terrorism in ME, perhaps real push to final fight against the main groups/areas in Syria and surrounding countries.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

I'm pretty sure Russia denied this.

And I'm pretty sure Russia will not nuke anyone, especially not ISIS, because there's no need for such a drastic action, when ISIS is getting destroyed either way.

I don't think they will nuclearize anyone either, what is disconcerting though, is the preparation currently taking place..it would not be wise to be caught off guard..

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I will believe it when i see it on main stream news!

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Firstly, an ISIS claim of responsibility is not necessarily evidence for anything.
That could be ISIS opportunistically seizing publicity for something they did not do.

If they were known to have done it, drastic retaliation is plausible; nuclear retaliation is much less plausible. Sledgehammer to crack a nut. Tha sort of weapon will be held in reserve for much bigger affairs.

P.S. Apart from anything else, "ordering non-essential civilians to leave" is not something you can do secretly. It would have to be done with enough publicity that the non-essental civilians would hear about the order.
edit on 1-11-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
The next time a nuke is used in anger will be from either, a lunatic or a country in a desperate dire situation, Putin doesn`t fall into that category in Syria.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
If Russia was going to nuke someone you wouldn't know it until it happened.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: gps777
The next time a nuke is used in anger will be from either, a lunatic or a country in a desperate dire situation, Putin doesn`t fall into that category in Syria.

Exactly.

There is no need to use nukes in Syria. Plus Assad would throw a fit if Russia started strategically nuking his country. Plus the really deep # that would land Russia in internationally.

As for tactical nukes again no point as Russia have some of the best Thermobaric weapons that can do the same thing without the radiation or International cluster# using a nuke would cause.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I just found this fascinating website called PPRUNE.ORG-- Professional Pilots Rumour Network-
here is some information offered on that forum concerning the downed plane:

www.pprune.org...

See picture and image of plane tail:

"Whilst engaging in general speculation is never helpful (and the endless debate about the FR24 data is a fine example of the bottomless rabbit holes some people like to go down) the emerging pictures and information on the wreckage spread tend to suggest a high altitude break up. Caused by I've no idea.

The picture of the tail section shown on various news media sources is interesting though. Obviously the collapse damage to the empennage is mostly down the impact with ground. Likewise the lower fuselage damage and that around the L4 door. There are, however, signs of the fuselage skin peeling outwards (red arrows) possibly indicative of a force acting outwards from within. Similarly there's the very clean break around the fuselage frame. It looks like an initial failure as opposed to something twisting and tearing apart as it fell."

www.pprune.org...

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I'll believe that Russia is going to nuke ISIS when I see it. It would seem a bit extreme when the I think the prevailing winds would likely take the fallout directly over Iran, Russia's client.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join