It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Patricia becomes the strongest hurricane ever!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleDog UK

That one coming in right behind it does not look very nice either....is that a big one as well? Two of these back to back would wipe them out methinks.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Here is a Webcam from The Pelican's Eye (Cuates y Cuetes by the Pier). The waves are starting to grow and the wind to blow, lots of people walking by the camera.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

That second Pacific storm is looking at a different section of the Mexican coast.

It actually formed before Patricia.

Olaf

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Livestream webcam Puerto Vallarta.
Landfall is expected around 19:00 local time.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I hope they are evacuating as many as they can before it hits. Sandbags and taped/boarded windows are not going to withstand this force. This will be devastating, even worse than Katrina and unfortunately there likely will be a large loss of lives. This is apocalyptic to those poor people.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
They showed video of people jamming the bus stops in Puerto Vallarta waiting to take them to Guadalajara.

But tourists at the resort hotel are saying they're not getting much information. Just a note under the door giving an update. That's kind of weird to me. I'd be getting the heck out of there!
edit on 23-10-2015 by texasgirl because: spelling

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
They showed video of people jamming the bus stops in Puerto Vallerta (sp?) waiting to take them to Guadalajara.

But tourists at the resort hotel are saying they're not getting much information. Just a note under the door giving an update. That's kind of weird to me. I'd be getting the heck out of there!

I've been to those resorts, they have full internet access. There should be no need for ignorance. Just get online and see what is going on.

If you're there without even a phone or a tablet that can get you online, then, that's pretty sad, and rare.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: JackReyes

They showed video of people jamming the bus stops in Puerto Vallerta (sp?) waiting to take them to Guadalajara.

I've been to those resorts, they have full internet access. There should be no need for ignorance. Just get online and see what is going on.

If you're there without even a phone or a tablet that can get you online, then, that's pretty sad, and rare.

Interesting. How good is the connection there? And with the storm barreling down on them will the connection be spotty? Just asking.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Interesting. How good is the connection there? And with the storm barreling down on them will the connection be spotty? Just asking.

Good question, one I can't answer. It was all sunny when I was there. But still, I would have been keeping an eye on the weather on the internet all along. : That's just the way I am.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

As for the internet itself, it was a good connection. I saw it download as fast as 15mb a second.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
LOL each cat 5 is dubbed as the strongest ever...

The next cat 5 will probably also be known as the strongest ever.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

Thanks a lot Obama...

2nd

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Looking at projected path and even considering weakening Guadalajara is not a place I'd evacuate to.

Given how fast this developed there's going to be lots of folks stuck in storms path, pray for their wellbeing.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
880 mb pressure! Wow.

Amazing how something so destructive can look so beautiful from space.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Patricia seems to heading east northeast now which might be a good thing since it means that it will make landfall at a sparsely populated area.
It just needs to go a little more east so that Manzanillo and Colima won't be in its path.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes

Yup, I'm about six hours that resort area will be under water and gone.. Hope everyone is safe and evacuated.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Somebody with the capability should record the live feed and do a time lapse video of the storm making landfall.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The equivalent of an F4 or F5 tornado if it stays at current strength, that sure is destructive for everything in its path so i hope it will miss Puerto Vallarta.

If it moves inland perhaps it will make some improvements.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join