It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Patricia becomes the strongest hurricane ever!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

This one is still running:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 23-10-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

El Nino is not a function of global warming.

The fact that the normal fluctuation from El Nino turns out to be the hottest damn ever---yes, you can blame that on global warming.

You can blame this on global warming: www.nodc.noaa.gov...

I post that link over and over and no silly denialist says anything about the mythical 'pause' or the 'urban heat island' or the 'adjustments' blah blah blah.

There are always natural fluctuations---and adding them on top of a baseline that changes means that the extremes will be ever more extreme. It is always the 0.01% of extreme weather which is dangerous.

And guess what: we have a 200 mph mega catastrophic hurricane, for real, not some 'climate doom alarmism', but right where science predicts it would be most likely (hottest sea surface temperature? yeah, that makes for strong hurricanes). And that's just 2 years after the most recent 200 mph hurricane.

Higher temperatures mean bigger gradients vs space, and more convective instability and more energy in the weather system. Venus has winds of 700 km/hour.

edit on 23-10-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

extra DIV

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JackReyes
Man has made so many fictitious superheros that supposedly will take care of man. But there is a person who is real, and he can hush the wind with but a word.

I'm guessing he won't show up to stop this one.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

SUGGESTION.....

We should limit the discussion to the storm, its track, damage, etc....and not debate and bicker about global warming.
That should be another topic....for another time.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

I'm with ya. It looks like I made that statement about El Nino on your reply. No, i'm a firm believer that warming Pacific waters are indeed from global warming, resulting in much more frequent and intense tropical weather.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It's pretty amazing if you ask me...

This rate of intensification is the greatest 24-hour increase in intensity observed in the satellite era
--
Currently, the National Hurricane Center is forecasting Patricia to approximately maintain its strength before it makes landfall as a Category 5 storm, which is potentially catastrophic for the communities on the southwest coast of Mexico, including the resort town of Puerto Vallarta. Patricia has the potential to be the strongest tropical cyclone at landfall on record.
source

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Another live feed.

edit on 23-10-2015 by hillbilly4rent because: add another live feed

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
We are not having more and more extreme weather. This is an anomaly. If you look around, there are actually fewer extreme events. We just have a news media dedicated to making sure you hear about each and every single one that happens now because they need us to think exactly what you do.

Meanwhile, we had the wettest month - MONTH - on record back in May in Oklahoma... 14.4 inches averaged across the state. The old 10.75 inch record was obliterated.

Texas fared similarly, with 8.81 inches smashing their state's previous record by over 2 inches.

In May 2013, we had the largest tornado ever witnessed... two and a half miles wide. We lucked out big time here in the OKC metro area. That was barreling right towards it when it suddenly veered away from El Reno and dissipated.

It killed some storm chasers, though... it was so big, they didn't realize how much danger they were in. First loss of a chaser, ever - Tim Samaras, one of the most cautious chasers out there, was killed along with his research partner and his son. You might have seen him when he was on the Discovery channel show Storm Chasers.

Keep telling yourself that things are fine, but some of us know differently.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Hurricane Patricia has made landfall at 165 mph, still a Category 5. Strongest ever to make landfall? Is that true?
edit on 23-10-2015 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
Hurricane Patricia has made landfall at 165 mph, still a Category 5. Strongest ever to make landfall. Is that true?

I think it is the strongest to hit Mexico, but the earlier reading of winds of 200mph is the strongest ever storm in the north pacific basin, gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic combined.

ETA it also had the lowest air pressure ever recorded 878.4 millibars
Link
edit on 23-10-2015 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2015 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Why are these people still there?! Stupid stupid stupid. SMH.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Doodle19815

Yes indeed, its quite dangerous, let's hope this will not lead to unnecessary victims.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I want to clarify something, also.

This is the strongest storm ever measured - specifically, directly measured (by Hurricane Hunters) with instruments.

Give it a look. Lowest pressure seems to be recorded as 878.4 mb at17:33:30Z, with peak flight level winds of 219.8 mph just a minute later.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Doodle19815

3 reasons
1 The I want to stair death in the face crowd.
2 I want to film destruction and sell it crowd.
3 They have no where else to go crowd, Remember Katrina.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
This is so kerazy how fast this escalated and how strong it is.

Big love and positive vibes for all of our members in the path of this storm and it's residual impact - both in Mexico and in the U.S.

Please, please, please stay safe, don't take chances, don't drive through deep water, stay away from windows and only keep us posted if you are not putting yourself in jeopardy to do so.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

that was a blood pumping 15 seconds! damn!

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

I get it, sort of. I personally have gone through a few, (cat 3's and lesser) but damn! I just feel for these people. Imagine the adrenaline rush and terror going through their bodies. Hopefully it works out ok for them.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join