It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Patricia becomes the strongest hurricane ever!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: sprtpilot

That's because they are. Instead of doubting fact, maybe you should be asking why that is. This is a trend that began in just the past few years. Why is that?

There hasn't been a hurricane in the U.S. in over nine years. What are you even talking about?

Ahh...what? I think we're talking about the planet, not the U.S.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drinking
a reply to: earthling42

Damn!!!!!

I hope they have a plan in place.

That strong at that size.....it will flatten all but the sturdiest structures.

Considering it's Mexico and storms like this do not happen with any regularity there ... I sort of doubt it. I sadly predict this is going to be really ugly before all is said and done. I am thinking worse that Katrina ugly.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
Granted, I'm only 30, so i haven't done much "living", but I feel like weathers getting more and more extreme each year... Not sure if that's just me, or if anyone else shares that feeling.. Regardless, I hate seeing these storms when they find populous areas... Be safe everyone, and please don't try to stay and "survive" the storm. You only put yourself and those who are forced to come rescue you at risk.. Be smart...

Just you.

This area does have a history of tropical systems, but what makes this monster is the ... wait for it ... very strong El Nino. Hurricanes need warm water, and this El Nino is packing warmer water in the area than it typically sees, so you are seeing a fairly uncommon tropical system sitting over what just happens to be a very rare and very strong El Nino pro viding it with perfect conditions to develop.

We are not having more and more extreme weather. This is an anomaly. If you look around, there are actually fewer extreme events. We just have a news media dedicated to making sure you hear about each and every single one that happens now because they need us to think exactly what you do.
edit on 23-10-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

"Mexico has a strong foundation of building big structures on weaker foundations"

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
What a beast.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Definitely scary. I'm a resident of Texas, I hear we are projected to get a foot and a half of rain here. Seriously crazy I think what Mexico is going to get!

Start building those arcs, Noahs of the modern world!
edit on 23-10-2015 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Yeah, that's a good live link.

Starting to get windy there now.
There was some guy that kept appearing on the left side of the camera and I was thinking...dude....that is a BAD place to be. I hope most people are smarter than that.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Thanks

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: jhn7537
Granted, I'm only 30, so i haven't done much "living", but I feel like weathers getting more and more extreme each year... Not sure if that's just me, or if anyone else shares that feeling.. Regardless, I hate seeing these storms when they find populous areas... Be safe everyone, and please don't try to stay and "survive" the storm. You only put yourself and those who are forced to come rescue you at risk.. Be smart...

Just you.

This area does have a history of tropical systems, but what makes this monster is the ... wait for it ... very strong El Nino. Hurricanes need warm water, and this El Nino is packing warmer water in the area than it typically sees, so you are seeing a fairly uncommon tropical system sitting over what just happens to be a very rare and very strong El Nino pro viding it with perfect conditions to develop.

We are not having more and more extreme weather. This is an anomaly. If you look around, there are actually fewer extreme events. We just have a news media dedicated to making sure you hear about each and every single one that happens now because they need us to think exactly what you do.

Just you....and me...and millions of others.

So this one hurricane is the anomaly? And what about the many typhoons in Asia? And Sperstorm Sandy? And the droughts, floods and many other extremes all over the planet everyday? Oh, the media decided now it would be a good time to broadcast this type of news. It wasn't important a decade ago? If anything, the media downplays weather events because global warming doesn't favor the corporate sponsors that the media rely on.

The media aren't reporting on weather any differently than they have in the past. There's just so much more to the story nowadays. Much more.
edit on 23-10-2015 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Yep.

According to NOAA - The center of Hurricane Patricia should make landfall over the next several hours.

It's definitely starting to get windy down there.

It'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

edit on 23-10-2015 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

Yeah, that's a good live link.

Starting to get windy there now.
There was some guy that kept appearing on the left side of the camera and I was thinking...dude....that is a BAD place to be. I hope most people are smarter than that.

Sadly, there are a lot of people out there who do dumb things. Our roads here are flooded from the storms and drivers are just plowing through them. Half are getting stuck. "Turn around, don't drown!" Is obviously going unheeded.

I hate to think about what dumb things residents and tourists are doing in Mexico that could cost them their lives!
edit on 23-10-2015 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

You hear about every f5 tornado as thought there are so many of them these days. So, so many ...

But we've actually had far fewer of them than in years past. There were more of them just in my high school years than there were this year.

And they never waste the time to tell us how this was forecast, er, foretold by the climate priests, er, scientists.

But in fact, there are fewer tornados. Not because there will always be fewer, but because the conditions haven't been as ripe.

Oh, and Sandy? She was no different than the perfect storm except in one thing: the weather patterns that enabled her converged close enough to land that she happened over it, so she become a tragedy rather then a Hollywood movie starring George Clooney. In other words, that convergence of weather patterns happens there.

As do droughts, floods and all the rest.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Good froggy. You got your body into water already, while it is warming up, and don't know any better. And the little froggy is even defending the rise in temperature of the water, while it starts to boil you.

Good froggy. Good. You have done very good. It isn't long for you...

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I found this hurricane story to be very strange. This is one of THE strongest storms in history and it just popped up like in a day or two?

Wtf?? Did I miss something??

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes

El Nino is not a function of global warming.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Man this is a fast moving storm!
earth.nullschool.net
edit on Fri Oct 23 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: iunlimited491
Yep.

According to NOAA - The center of Hurricane Patricia should make landfall over the next several hours.

It's definitely starting to get windy down there.

It'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

Just imagine the damage to anything that touches that outer eye

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The good thing is that this storm has weakened before landfall, the sad part, every webcam seems to have stopped working

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: JackReyes

El Nino is not a function of global warming.

They can blame the warming Pacific waters on a "strong El Nino" even though the Pacific has been warming for years. This buys another year before they have to start telling the truth of what's happening.

And sure, tornadoes are less frequent in the past two years, as is temps in certain areas, and US hurricanes, but we are only a small portion of the planet. The global averages show that extreme weather is definitely increasing. Although Atlantic hurricanes are down, Pacific storms are way more than normal. Also, tho Florida is seeing no hurricanes, ask them about heat and moisture. They are getting more rain and strong lightning storms without the hurricanes.
edit on 23-10-2015 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42
The good thing is that this storm has weakened before landfall, the sad part, every webcam seems to have stopped working

It has weakened some (190mph and 900mb) but at this point it's not going to really change anything. Storm is still a strong Cat 5 and is making landfall in an hour or so.

Extremely dangerous storm.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join