It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School Football Coach to Defy School District Order to not Pray after Game

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Annee

You just want religion being expressed behind closed doors? Hidden away from the public?

Separation of church and state only applies to government. Such as public school.

You didn't answer the question. Do you only want religion, free expression, to be practiced behind closed doors?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

You just want religion being expressed behind closed doors? Hidden away from the public?

Separation of church and state only applies to government. Such as public school.

You didn't answer the question. Do you only want religion, free expression, to be practiced behind closed doors?

Of course I answered your question. Separation of church and state applies only to government. As in public schools.

That is the only point I am addressing. Because, that is the subject of this thread.

You bringing more into it is not relevant.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Of course I answered your question. Separation of church and state applies only to government. As in public schools.

That is the only point I am addressing. Because, that is the subject of this thread.

I will just have to take it as you and others are against freedom of expression. Not everyone is pro freedom, I suppose.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I will just have to take it as you and others are against freedom of expression. Not everyone is pro freedom, I suppose.

Why don't you try staying on subject.
edit on 17-10-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
He's a coach that expects the kids on the team to follow his directions, but refuses to follow directions himself.

If he can't do his job without bringing religion to games, he should be fired.

Massive HR issue here. When you're trying to force your views on others who have said that theyre not interested, it's the ultimate form of bullying.

When it's an adult in a trusted role of responsibility pushing this type of ridiculousness on kids, it's even worse.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I am. All the man is doing is exercising his right to free expression.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
So this man faces losing his job for praying but if you move a couple of states over you are the antichrist if you dont pray . Once again i don't get America .

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
So this man faces losing his job for praying but if you move a couple of states over you are the antichrist if you dont pray . Once again i don't get America .

No its the same in every state.

Separation of Church and State in government.

No one can make you believe/worship a God - - - no one can make you stop believing/worshiping God.

Believing and acting on your belief is not the same thing.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I am. All the man is doing is exercising his right to free expression.

NO. He is doing it while employed by the government on government property. Its Separation of Church and State.

If the below statement were true, he would have stood on the sidelines and let the kids pray together. Instead he's lawyered up.

"The only thing I worry about is the kids. It's not about what my beliefs are, it's about believing in each other. It's about the sport that we love."

www.king5.com...
edit on 17-10-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

So he isn't allowed to pray while he's employed at a school?

lol

Fascist much?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

you do know what the difference is between gov't property and private property is right?? you can open your home or business to whatever religious group you want within reason (having so many people coming in for a prayer meeting that it causes a parking nightmare might be a tad bit unreasonable), no problem whatsoever. it get's trickier when it comes to gov't property though, because it opens up the possibility that the gov't (or it's employees) are promoting a religion, which is a no no... especially if you wouldn't open up the public places for other religions when requested. and it's even worse if you give people the impression that they are expected to participate in that religious function or are mandated by the gov't to be at it.

but, well, what harm is there in a person praying on the 50 yard line? is it any greater, or any less than asking the person on the 50 yard line not to make a spectacle of his religious practice of prayer? to be honest both sides kind of sound like my children did when they were young bickering over some of the stupid things that they bickered about. the person being offended at the prayer could just walk by and ignore it, and the one praying, I am sure, could find someplace more private to say his prayers. no harm done really in either case.... unless of course, you feel that your individual rights are so important to you that it's just fine and dandy to offend others for the sake of asserting your rights... which will only lead to others asserting their rights just for the pleasure of offending you! which I really think is what is going with this.

but when it comes to teachers kicking their kids out of the classroom and into the hallway because they don't want to participate in your prayers, that's a whole different ballgame and shouldn't be tolerated! I don't want teachers teaching my grandkids how to be hypocrites, thank you! if they want to pray, that is fine, but they shouldn't pray just to please others.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

lol

Fascist much?

He can pray privately for himself.

He can not lead students in prayer.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Because if you pray hard enough, Almighty God will cause your football team to win. Thats what he does. Whichever team prays the hardest gets blessed God's Magical Luck.

Dumbass jock.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

lol

Fascist much?

He can't force children to pray, but they can pray with him if they choose to.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Government cannot establish a state religion. Government cannot endorse a religion.

The Constitution limits government.

Not people.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies

Massive HR issue here. When you're trying to force your views on others who have said that they're not interested, it's the ultimate form of bullying.

Yes. Bullying and Separation.

I doubt all the football players are Christian.

Having only some students follow him out on the field for Christian prayer - - - creates unnecessary separation - - - and probably favoritism.

Not only from the coach, but from parents, and others watching who goes and who doesn't.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

lol

Fascist much?

Actually he can't pray with them.

Everyone can pray personally. But, the coach, a state employee can not pray with the students.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I wonder if you haters would allow Sikhs to work on government since their religion has them wear a turban. An expression of religion I believe.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

lol

Fascist much?

Actually he can't pray with them.

Everyone can pray personally. But, the coach, a state employee can not pray with the students.

Bull. Where is that in your fascist rule book?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I wonder if you haters would allow Sikhs to work on government since their religion has them wear a turban. An expression of religion I believe.

Absolutely!

What does their religion have to do with them working for the government?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join