It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School Football Coach to Defy School District Order to not Pray after Game

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Annee

a reply to: Annee

So he isn't allowed to pray while he's employed at a school?

lol

Fascist much?

He can pray privately for himself.

He can not lead students in prayer.

He can't force children to pray, but they can pray with him if they choose to.

Actually he can't pray with them.

Everyone can pray personally. But, the coach, a state employee can not pray with the students.

Bull. Where is that in your fascist rule book?

It is the law.

It is Separation of Church and State.

He can not pray with the students on school property.

Teachers who wish to pray or engage in other group religious activities must do so outside of the presence of students.

–Gibbs, David C., Jr., and David C. Gibbs III (2008). Keeping Christ in America’s Public Schools, Seminole: Christian Law Association.

edit on 17-10-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I wonder if you haters would allow Sikhs to work on government since their religion has them wear a turban. An expression of religion I believe.

Absolutely!

What does their religion have to do with them working for the government?

They would be expressing their religion during business hours.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

So he isn't allowed to pray while he's employed at a school?

lol

Fascist much?

He can pray privately for himself.

He can not lead students in prayer.

He can't force children to pray, but they can pray with him if they choose to.

Actually he can't pray with them.

Everyone can pray personally. But, the coach, a state employee can not pray with the students.

Bull. Where is that in your fascist rule book?

It is the law.

It is Separation of Church and State.

He can not pray with the students on school property.

Now you're lying. Separation of church and state means that the state cannot establish a formal religion.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I wonder if you haters would allow Sikhs to work on government since their religion has them wear a turban. An expression of religion I believe.

Absolutely!

What does their religion have to do with them working for the government?

They would be expressing their religion during business hours.

Do you see who this is from?

From a website: Teachers who Pray. Christian Law Association.

Teachers who wish to pray or engage in other group religious activities must do so outside of the presence of students.

–Gibbs, David C., Jr., and David C. Gibbs III (2008). Keeping Christ in America’s Public Schools, Seminole: Christian Law Association.

www.teacherswhopray.org...

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

and just what are government employees??? aren't they people? when they are performing the job that the gov't has hired them to do, aren't they working on the government's behalf? and therefore, if while working on it's behalf, they force every welfare recipient to say the lord's prayer to get their food stamps approved, and the gov't allows them to do it, isn't the gov't promoting a religion? the kids that were being kicked out of the classroom weren't actually forced to pray (in reality you can't force anyone to pray, ya they might close their eyes, ya, they might bow their heads...but in their mind they might just be saying blah, blah, blah, will you hurry up and stop this charade already!). the kids were treated differently though weren't they, so much so that other kids were talking to each other about how they were punished for refusing to pray...
and well, there was another case involving a teacher who supposedly was forcing kids to make prayer rugs and pray to allah.... out of all the kids that were being taught by the teacher that were interviewed , only one was making the allegation. all it takes is one kid, just one, making a false claim, doesn't even have to be true, and well, the taxpayers have to foot the bill for a nice extended investigation into the whole thing in search for the truth. one the one hand, it is wrong, oh so very wrong, to try to force a kid to pray to a god he doesn't believe in, and on the other, it is wrong, oh so very wrong, to waste money on needless false accusations. and it seems that a clear line in the sand serves to prevent both from happening. keep religion out of the public schools.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
turban, fine, swords....I don't think so.... what, this kid gets kicked out of the school for using a carrot as a pretend gun, but his teacher carries a sword...ya great way to confuse a kid...

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Then the government should only hire atheists. because government cannot deny people the right to free expression.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
turban, fine, swords....I don't think so.... what, this kid gets kicked out of the school for using a carrot as a pretend gun, but his teacher carries a sword...ya great way to confuse a kid...

So pick and choose on religion. Just hate the Christians because they don't got swords.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I'm out of here it's getting late. You can continue your biased bigoted fascist hatefest without me.

peace.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

I believe it is the Civil Rights Act that allows specific required clothing worn for religious reasons.

I worked at a production plant where a few women wore long skirts instead of pants for religious reasons. They were Christian.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I'm out of here it's getting late. You can continue your biased bigoted fascist hatefest without me.

peace.

You have opinion.

We provided facts.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

peace.

You have opinion.

We provided facts.

You have hatred and a bias towards religion. I wonder why freedom scares you so much.
edit on 17-10-2015 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

You have hatred and a bias towards religion. I wonder why freedom scares you so much.

I have law and the Constitution.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Sikhs I do believe also have swords, as part of their religion.

www.king5.com...

I disagree with the idea that they should be allowed to carry it in the school, but well, at least it is to stay hidden and not in sight I guess. as far as the turbans go, I don't see what the problem would be with them, unless of course they have a habit of hiding guns or bombs in them...

I don't see where I am picking and choosing religions with this... the same rules that protects kids from having to pray to the christian god they don't believe is also there to protect the christians from having to pray to gods they don't believe in.
a school isn't the place for religion, not when there's so many different faiths represented in them. all it would do would be to divide the students into groups against each other, and make learning a less enjoyable experience.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Well, I will defend Christians from your obvious bias I will defend Islam from you when you decide to attack that and I will defend gay marriage when you decide that the Constitution doesn't like that either.

Your hatred is showing. I would suggest being more open minded, but I think it would fall on deaf ears.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

lol... I'm not a biased bigoted fascist and hate is such a strong emotion, does next to nothing to those who it's directed at, but will eat away the soul of those who hate.
maybe you should think about your motivation as to why you are participating in this thread also......

personally, I think if the christians actually get their way and manage to undermine that separation between government and religion, ya, it might benefit their religion for a short time, but well, the goals of those behind the scenes and pulling the puppet strings is more sinister than they imagine, and in the end, they will find it coming back to bite them.
possibly even come to the realization just how much their efforts have help the anti-christ obtain his power.... but to each their own I guess.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I'm simply defending the right to free expression.

I don't know how simple I can make it and I don't understand why so many of you hate that.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Well, I will defend Christians from your obvious bias I will defend Islam from you when you decide to attack that and I will defend gay marriage when you decide that the Constitution doesn't like that either.

Your hatred is showing. I would suggest being more open minded, but I think it would fall on deaf ears.

All I've kept repeating is Separation of Church and State.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

yeah, I know. as I've said, the Constitution limits government, not people.

I know I'm new here, but is there any freedom you like?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

how is prayer free expression?? I'm curious, since I believe prayer is a conversation, or plea to god...
to me free expression has to do with expressing one's thoughts or feelings to other people....
so just who was the coach and students expressing themselves to? God?? or to people?
if it was to God, well, there is no need for it to be on the 50 yard line of the football field or on school grounds for that matter....and any need there might have been probably wasn't so great as to go through a lawsuit to protect your right.

if it was to other people, well just what was it that they were expressing? "See, we're christians, and we have our rights, and we are gonna pray right here, on school grounds, for all to see, to make sure you know we have these rights."?
If it's anything even remotely close to this, then well, it's not biblically justifiable.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join