It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former witch lifts the lid on the decade she spent 'worshiping the devil'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

This all seems rather... Staged.

Either that, or the particular sect or coven this woman was a part of, were ill informed as to the origins and the meaning of their belief system.

That would not be entirely impossible, since they likely have no historical connection to, or special awareness of pre-Roman belief systems in Europe and Britain, which are absolutely paramount for anyone wishing to even STUDY Wicca, let alone take part in it as a lifestyle. Now, me personally, I believe in Jesus, but I also believe in truth and transparency, and from what I have just read, I would say that this lady is at least a distant cousin of, if not a direct descendent of Shilly McShillington, fourth earl of Shillsville.

We are taking about a belief system which has roots which predate Christianity, predate the birth of Christ, and knowledge of the existence of the devil by huge, massive, gigantic margins. The roots of that belief system are so old, in fact, that they extend well beyond the reach of written history, and its lore and legends would have been passed from person to person, elder to younger, by word of mouth and demonstration for generations before ever being carved in a rock, leave alone written upon parchment.

Now, I am not advocating for that system of belief, but what I would say, is that it is deeply suspect that anyone who had studied the real deal for anything like ten years, would brush the entire thing off as the work of Satan.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   

And your religion? Can you demonstrate or produce a supernatural event?

I have none.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
This all seems rather... Staged. Now, I am not advocating for that system of belief, but what I would say, is that it is deeply suspect that anyone who had studied the real deal for anything like ten years, would brush the entire thing off as the work of Satan.

Why not give credit where credit is due?

There are only TWO religious systems in the world.

Satan controls one, the other owes its allegiance only to the Lord Jesus Christ.

Cults and counterfeit religions are probably Satan's greatest masterpieces.

Why? Because he always mimics what God does...

He is a master of disguises.

"And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light." 2 Corinthians 11:14

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
She weighs as much as a duck and she floats.

Plus she turned me into a newt.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
So praying to the moon instead of praying to the creator who made the moon makes sense to you?

My dog howls at the moon, is he eligible to be a wiccan?

Guten Morgen- To this "common passerby" it reads as if You're defending Your religion™ Is Your religion 'truth' to You? I mean to You and ONLY You? Then if Your religion is true to You that is ALL that matters. By actively defending Yours, You must have some doubt?

By all means if You're NOT defending Yours, then please disregard this and stay hydrated and have an enjoyable day.

If Yours works for You, it works for Me. period. the end.

namaste

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

That may be, according to our philosophy.

However, what I am getting at, is that the observer who created the article which formed the basis of the OP, is not objective, has a standpoint on these issues which is biased. Although I would personally agree with her spiritual read of the situation, I also realise that in order to gain truth, impartiality is required, and this woman is simply not impartial. Furthermore, aspects of what she says lead me to believe that she was not, no matter what she may have been told, practicing Wiccan belief, but worshiping the self.

Pre-roman British mysticism was far more about balance with nature, being attuned to the world around oneself, than it ever was to do with accessing implausible power from the dark heart of sin. There were good people abroad in the isles well before Christ's message arrived, and bad ones too. I guess what I am saying is that nothing is black and white in terms of the truth of this issue. Between a woman who knew not what she was even involved in and her eventual conversion back to Christ, and the actual facts of who it was who first showed her the opposite path, what their experience was, what their intentions were, and what master they served, there are far to many unknowns, and unknowables.

I know a fair few practitioners of Wiccan belief, and none of them involve themselves in such as this woman describes. Most of them act solely for the benefit of others, and do little or nothing to further themselves through their faith at all. They respect the element of their belief system which calls for a circle of life, of events, they help someone, someone helps them, and so on and so forth in a virtuous cycle.

Now, much as I might believe personally, that it is all a deeply dodgy world to step into, I also believe that there are good folk in that community, many of them a hell of a lot better people than some "Christians" I have met. You see, for all that Wicca may be a representation of Satans will on Earth according to my philosophy, the people I know from that segment of the population, are a hell of a lot more Christian than the pastor I knew who was screwing his parishioners, or the holier than thou fools who lived a block from me and had a Stagg weekender in Prague that would have made a Borgia blush, or indeed the hell bound gutter dwellers who prey on children from behind their robes and lecterns.

I cannot accept that these good people, who have shown themselves to be virtuous of heart, kind, compassionate, and determined to see good things into the world, are in league with satan himself. He is my mortal enemy, and it is my duty, and my desire to see his organs spooled out before him, and sundered into thousands of pieces, their ruins shown to him before he is destroyed. But these people are not his vassals, any more than the corrupt priests of the Roman tradition are true representatives of Christ.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I S&Fed you for this DS. This is an excellent example of how easy it really is to scam the church. I've seen this before, and not just once.

This lady cast spells for good fortune, and all the trappings, right? Then she converts to Christianity in some dramatic way, writes 2 books, and makes appearances around the U.S. telling her "secrets". Seems her spells worked...well, magic. LOL!!! She's a grifter! She came up with a great story. The kind Christians want to hear. For Christians, this is the classic horror story with the "happy ending", and they all eat it like candy.

Someone mentioned Mike Warnke. He's another example of this kind of thing. There are a few others, but I can't remember their names at present.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
She came up with a great story. The kind Christians want to hear. For Christians, this is the classic horror story with the "happy ending", and they all eat it like candy.

Do you think I can make some extra cash by doing a tell all where I say that I was a Devil-worshipping, child eating, ritual sex addicted, blood sacrificing Illuminati Overlord?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I would have thought that it would be difficult to avoid making money, if you wanted to write a book of that sort! That sort of thing attracts money like a corpse attracts forensic scientists.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I will send you an inscribed copy.

In blood....

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: TrueBrit

I will send you an inscribed copy.

In blood....

I want one too. That way I can say. Yeah, we knew him when...

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
I want one too. That way I can say. Yeah, we knew him when...

I just spoke with the Dark Lord, you need to wait for the paperback which he will force you to read next to the Lake of Fire.

Let me know how that whole scenario works out.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

Why not give credit where credit is due?

Satan controls one, the other owes its allegiance only to the Lord Jesus Christ.

Cults and counterfeit religions are probably Satan's greatest masterpieces.

Why? Because he always mimics what God does...

He is a master of disguises.

"And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light." 2 Corinthians 11:14

What absolute crap.... honestly, utter crap.
Christ is myth, there are religions that predate this by several thousand years and good, evil, satan etc etc are all tools used for control and all not to be taken literally.

But yeah... whatever.

Believe whatever you like.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Once again, I must throw down the B.S. flag.

Any person can claim a religion and twist it to suit their own agenda in life. This woman clearly didn't practice the Wiccan ways...she practiced her ways and Wiccan be thy name.

I get that people misunderstand the truth behind this peaceful, coalescent , nature religion. It is my opinion that hereditaries have a unique position in that they should carefully tutor the cowan in the ways of the wise. One doesn't wake up one morning, snap their fingers to declare "I am now Wiccan!". It takes years of truth seaking, dedication and guidance to be truly Wiccan. A maturity of understanding that even if you can, you don't. Karma has the final say.

If you don't understand, fine! But the woman in this story was everything but Wiccan.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Someone mentioned Mike Warnke. He's another example of this kind of thing. There are a few others, but I can't remember their names at present.

Irene Park(The witch that switched) was one I was trying to remember the name of. I met this woman when I was still a Christian. She was a Christian then, about like I'm a Christian now. She was a con artist, and her faux story is still being used by some ministries to showcase the horrors of witchcraft.

edit on 10/13/2015 by Klassified because: Park not Parks

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
3-2-1.......yeah, it's October again!

EVERY year.....every single year it's some "faux" witch who is dug up by a news agency and it's "bash Wicca" season again.
Secondary to this is lets take Trick or Treating away from little kids, but I digress...

Animistic religions came first, Monotheism came second....
Deny Ignorance...yes, lets do!

Feel free to believe what you want, however refute the OP with facts just not your belief system. Wiccan tenants do not support the actions of this Woman, nor do the majority of active covens. In truth it takes years of study same as any other religion. Gardner brought back into the limelight a much older pantheon of beliefs, rightly or wrongly. Crowley? Well I have no idea what he thought he was doing....but again, it isn't Wiccan.

Sadly anyone who could truly speak to this is most likely not playing around on the internet.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
Once again, I must throw down the B.S. flag. It takes years of truth seaking, dedication and guidance to be truly Wiccan

Years of truth 'seaking'?

And you say I don't understand?

There is no such thing as a 'genuine' Wiccan anymore than there is a 'genuine' Scientologist...

It doesn’t matter if you worship Pan, Krishna, Diana, or Thor; the face behind the mask is Satan’s.

A cult is a cult no matter how long it's been around, or how you want to slice it or dress it up.

ALL cults, false religions (pagan included) are controlled by Satan!

It's that simple.

"Today the religions of the world remain a major tool of the Illuminati agenda. Link

"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati to enslave and brainwash society. In essence, religion was the first form of mind control. The indoctrination of the masses by a "Trojan Horse" false religion has allowed the Illuminati to take control and work in secret for many, many years." Link

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
maybe im crazy, but i feel like the 'tall glass of "i told you so"' act (ignoring the dubious circumstances in the op) is an inappropriate response from the stance of a christian. rubbing it in peoples faces is a childish and spiteful thing to do.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Christians are taught that the gods and goddesses of other religions are "Satan". She would have said the same thing if she converted from any random religion.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
Wicca is nothing more than a front for Witchcraft just like all other manufactured religions...

Well, yeah. Wicca is a witchcraft religion. It is not a "front" or a "deception". Witches be witches.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join