It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former witch lifts the lid on the decade she spent 'worshiping the devil'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
A former Wiccan who admits this belief is Satanic.

Selah Ally Tower, 58, from New Jersey, joined a coven after studying witchcraft in 1989. The former witch, who was married at the time, said the high priests and high priestesses encouraged coven members to have affairs Ally, who goes by her middle name, said she would cast spells to make her richer and stronger as a part of the Wicca religion. She returned to Christianity in 2000 and is now happier than ever
As Halloween approaches, she advises that people 'be careful in their choice of costume'

A 'recovering' witch who says she was deceived by the Wicca religion has revealed why she abandoned the dark arts and returned to Christianity after years of casting spells for her own good fortune. Selah Ally Tower, who goes by her middle name, joined a coven in her home state of New Jersey after taking a correspondence course in witchcraft in 1989. However, after a decade of casting spells, reading tarot cards, wearing capes and flowing skirts, and enjoying an extramarital affair at the suggestion of her coven’s leaders, a pastor convinced the 58-year-old mother of three give up on witchcraft for good. 'I did not believe that I was worshiping Satan,' she told the New York Post. 'But now I realize I was deceived. I believe it was the spiritual deception [the devil] uses to defeat people.'

Ally, who is also a grandmother of two, was raised Episcopalian and met her former husband at the church she had grown up in. However, Ally said her marriage was a 'horror show' and she and her husband slept separately. 'The religion of Wicca took hold of me. It opened a portal into a new world,' she said of turning to witchcraft. Ally said high priests and high priestesses encouraged coven members to divorce spouses who weren't involved in the occult while urging them have physical relationships with fellow witches 'It was kind of like a ’70s free-sexual thing,' she recalled of the attitude of the coven. Ally went on to have a long-term affair with a man - although he wasn't a Wiccan.

Casting spells, I saw results. Usually, it was like - maybe I needed money or I needed a car. I needed love in my life,' she said of the allure of witchcraft. 'It was very selfish. It was all about what I wanted. I was really satisfied with my life.' When Ally was kicked out of the nondenominational church she belonged to, she extracted her revenge by putting a 'vanishing' spell on the pastor, who was like a father to her.
She learned just one month later that he was retiring and moving out of the state - which she believed to be the result of her spell. However, despite their past disagreements, the pastor invited her back into the church and told her she 'can't run from God'. New woman: Ally said she is now happier than ever since quitting the dark arts New woman: Ally said she is now happier than ever since quitting the dark arts
The pastors words brought her to tears, and she ditched her old lifestyle and returned to Christianity, Ally, who also divorced her husband and left her love, wrote two books on the transition.

In Taken from the Night: A Witch’s Encounter with God and From the Craft to Christ: The Allure of Witchcraft and the Church’s Response, Ally describes how she found her way back to Christianity after more than a decade of spell casting. Barry Kosmin, a sociology professor at Trinity College, and the lead researcher on the American Religious Identification Survey, told ABC News that people who identify themselves as Wiccan went from 8,000 people in 1990 to 342,000 in 2008 - and these numbers don't include the undeclared practitioners of witchcraft. For Wiccans, Halloween marks the Gaelic festival Samhain, which celebrates the end of harvest season and the beginning of winter. Ally explained that it is a time when the 'veils’' between the living and the dead are at its thinnest point of the entire year. The former witch said she is happier than ever with her decision to return to Christianity, and as Halloween approaches, she advises that 'we have to be careful in our choice of costume' - although she doesn't have any issue with children dressing up to go trick-or-treating.

LINK

So you can become a Wiccan with a correspondence course? I find that amusing.

It only makes sense when dabbling in magic and spells will draw you towards what she calls the dark side.

edit on 13-10-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
She wasn't wiccan. From what I understand of wiccans, they don't believe in spells having to do with bending the will of others or causing harm in any way.
edit on 13-10-2015 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
She wasn't wiccan. From what I understand of wiccans, they don't believe in spells having to do with bending the will of others or causing harm in any way.

after years of casting spells for her own good fortune.

She used Wiccan spells for her own good fortune. By banishing the priests no harm came to him and banishing does not necessarily mean harm is to come to someone.

I do not see anywhere in the article where she caused harm to anyone.

I do however see the harm in practicing this belief.

edit on 13-10-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I feel much better about my Physics by Correspondence course now...

Å99

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Is the Daily Mail off on another witch hunt? Lol, Witch Finder General or what! Burn her, Daily Mail!

Sounds to me like just more run of the mill evangelical propaganda hype in the form of reformed witch spilling the beans on her former witchery. Naughty Born Agains, you can be such tell tale snitches (joking).

I guess the Devil would say if you can't stand the heat get out of Hell's Kitchen, Baby! I used to be Wiccan and became Christian, but I am no grass or snitch on Ol' Goaty Hooves. Shhhh, keep it a secret!!! Hahaha!

Seriously, Wicca is not Satanism. Satanism is Satanism. Many very cool, gentle and caring people are Wiccan.

edit on 13-10-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

That is precisely what Wicca is not. We have always taught a very basic, elementary, and universal law: simply, be good. Allow others their religious experience. Allow others to progress through life in a way that is satisfactory to them. This is a perfect law and is a major tenant in real, honest, Wicca. No devil. He does not exist. Evil is people making terrible choices. We are champions of the earth. That doesnt mean we have to go around talking to trees, or offering them slightly uncomfortable looking hugs. It could mean we just do not mess with nature. We allow it to takes it own course. Sometimes this meant not interveneing on behalf of one creature that was prey for another. It meant carrying that beetle found in the bathroom back outside, because who would want to loiter around a bathroom? Anyway...the subject of this story was no Wiccan. If she joined a "coven" which was quite popular to do in the 80's, she joined some weird sex group with a leader who thought he was the new Anton LeVey. Im sure they sat around and watched the Faces of Death videos also. Whatever she was a part of was either a figment or exageration of her now Christian mind, or was a groupd based on some dudes power trip and lust. that is not Wicca. True Wicca is actually quite simple. And for the record, spells are no more than prayers are to other religions, with a little bit of work on the part of the requester. Hope this helps.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

said she would cast spells to make her richer and stronger as a part of the Wicca religion. She returned to Christianity

Pray to get rich. Cast spells to get rich. What's the difference? I fail to see.

She learned just one month later that he was retiring and moving out of the state - which she believed to be the result of her spell.

Of course she did.

...and now that she's Christian she will see all sorts of things occurring which affirms her faith. Like an inspirational song coming on the radio at the exact moment she was thinking about Christ! Woa, man.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
This sells books.

Ever hear of Mike Warnke and his book The Satan Seller ?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

I am Albionio, you wish to see me? That's a good movie reference. Referencing her, a tried and true story, yeah right. Now she's going to taut being a savior one likely never really interested in what she was doing anyway, to those who buy it. So, is the former, gentle and caring, but often demonized-pun intended.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Wicca is nothing more than a front for Witchcraft just like all other manufactured religions...

Just like all the other cults, it is one huge deceptive fraud.

...the difference between witchcraft or Wicca and satanism is actually non-existent. ~ William Schnoebelen

"Wicca" is a made up religion by a man named Gardner who added to a woman who I believe was named "McCarthy" in the 20th century. It was a "Hodge podge" of every mythology that he could think of and it was to make money by sales of his books after he retired from the British public service. He worked either in the Postal department or the railway industry if memory serves.

The Original one, McCarthy, or whatever, had sold a book in the Early 20th century claiming that all of Europe was of the same religious beliefs before Christianity came along. I think that this would have come as a shock for the Romans worshiping Zeus when they ran into a Briton, or a Germanic each with their own gods.

Now, the "New Age" crowd stole the name and make up their own religion which is even newer than the other two ideas. "Modern Wicca" isn't but about 20 or 30 years old. Don' let any of them tell you different.

Source(s): Study of Paganism/Heathenism for about 45 years. Practiced heathenism for about 25 of those years.

answers.yahoo.com...

edit on 13-10-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

In case anyone else is interested the former witch in the OP has a website here

The site has a blog and several radio interviews here where she shares her testimony.

A special Facebook friend appreciation video for supporters of "From The Craft To Christ: The Allure of Witchcraft and the Church's Response. The video was created to share our expression of the love and power of God to change lives and break the chains of bondage.

She has also written two books:

Taken From The Night: A Witch's Encounter With God - Kindle edition @ Amazon
www.amazon.com...

From The Craft To Christ - Kindle Edition @ Amazon
www.amazon.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Amen brother,

Very informative videos. I hope others view them.

If people want to see into the supernatural then try prayer to the creator and watch what happens.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   

If people want to see into the supernatural then try prayer to the creator and watch what happens.

If it's something we can watch then perhaps you can upload a Youtube video demonstrating it. Kinda like a teaser as to what we can get once we convert to your religion.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
What ever kind of cult Selah Ally Tower had hooked up with it certainly was not an authentic wiccan coven. This so called testimonies by the 'reformed' are mostly made up and usually form as part of a task to do when first joining these kinds of Christian groups.

How to Write Your Christian Testimony

It is clear to me that the whole article is naught but misguided propaganda that this kind of jesus based crowd cant get enough of.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I just noticed that the testimony in the OP about the 'vanishing' spell on the pastor that backfired is similar to Graham Cooke's experience.

Graham tells about a Satanist who called him up on the phone to put a curse on him.

He had received a promise from God that any curse from the enemy would be turned into a blessing.

Graham tells him: “I have a word for you from the Lord…. ‘I’m coming to get you!’”

A year and a half later, the same Satanist calls Graham again to tell him that he was doing an outdoor blood sacrifice around a fire with 24 other Satanists when Jesus suddenly appears in the fire and all 24 of them are instantly delivered.

The audio MP3 of this is here BTW...

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

I have to disagree with you that Wicca is a fraud concept. It has more integrity and honour in many respect than Christianity.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

Concerning integrity and honour in Christianity, technically you are correct.

I believe that the primary reason that this is true is because the vast majority of mainline denominational churches have been infiltrated and have very little to do with REAL Christianity.

This is why the resemblance to the early church is practically nonexistent...

But all of this is about to change I believe, God is getting ready to draw a line between the true and the false Church.

...the goal is to infiltrate it with their compromising philosophies and attempt to destroy the Church from within."

"90% of the Southern Baptist hierarchy are Freemasons. There is also a high percentage of Christian leadership from the Lutheran and United Methodist churches are Masons. This would explain why Ecumenism has spread so easily. ...the goal is to infiltrate it with their compromising philosophies and attempt to destroy the Church from within."

Infiltration of Freemasonry

The Vatican has infiltrated, or neutered and spayed, virtually every denomination and organization in Christendom. Various means have been used, but Opus Dei has played a major role in this.

Virtually 100% of the world's seminaries are in the pocket of the Roman Whore in that they use her Bible via the Alexandrian Gnostic Greek texts.

I am fully persuaded that Opus Dei and the Jesuits have already planted many of their agents in Baptist and Fundamental churches and schools.

I am convinced that many Fundamental Baptist churches are NOW pastored by Jesuits and Opus Dei agents. Many deacons and Sunday School teachers are now inside the Baptist movement teaching doctrines of Rome. You need to read the following articles so that you can watch for the signs that you too have an hireling planted in your church by the Vatican.

OPUS DEI-- War on Protestantism

"Today the religions of the world remain a major tool of the Illuminati agenda. They maintain the climate of unquestioning, unthinking, ignorance, and their pseudo-morality provides a veil of hypocrisy, behind which the most sickening abuse of children can be hidden."

"Some of the most famous church "leaders" and evangelists on the planet are Illuminati operatives who use religion to manipulate and brain-wash their followers while engaging in Satanic rituals that beggar belief."

"But the mass of unthinking followers in any religion are merely the fodder and the screen behind which the real business goes on." Link

"What if there were people within the various Churches of God who covertly were guiding the members to slowly accept new ideas which are alien to the true faith and who were dedicated to destroying that faith at all costs?" JESUIT-JEDI MINDTRICKS

...most of our institutions are infiltrated and run by racists, satanists, perverts and criminals, often masquerading as devout and God-fearing Christians.

Did the Illuminati Exterminate Canadian Indian Children?

In the late forties the Illuminati wanted to infiltrate the churches because they understood the power of God within the structure of the church, and they had to find a way to infiltrate the church to break down that spiritual strength within the church, the power of the holy spirit that works within the church. They had to find a way to infiltrate that, and they wanted to bring the world into the churches so that the churches wouldn't be so strong spiritually. That was part of my father's job.

The method the illuminati used to infiltrate the organized church

What if I were to tell you, that there is a vast Satanic conspiracy to deceive the masses of every society on earth? What if I were to tell you that the top leaders of the world’s religions were in league with the Devil? Would you think I’m crazy? I would! Yet, the truth is stranger than fiction! You have been lied to my friend. Few people in the world today are aware of just how much Satan has infiltrated organized religion. Link

Brazilian ex-Satanist Daniel Mastral is one of many former Satanists who talk about this (BabelFish translation):

In his work, Mastral tells the infiltration of Satanists in the Christian, whether in churches, in hospital chaplaincy in evangelical seminaries or colleges. The objective of these leaks would weaken the Christian work, through seduction, slander and incantations.

Being that it was because of one of these infiltrations, which Mastral have been converted to the Gospel and been freed from alleged Brotherhood, six years after his admission, by the hands of the "Pr Brinti ", whose real name is Pastor Luiz Zitti (in memoriam), who was then pastor of the Baptist church Morumbi.

Link is Dead - Google it

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

If it's something we can watch then perhaps you can upload a Youtube video demonstrating it. Kinda like a teaser as to what we can get once we convert to your religion.

And your religion? Can you demonstrate or produce a supernatural event?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tindalos2013

I have to disagree with you that Wicca is a fraud concept. It has more integrity and honour in many respect than Christianity.

So praying to the moon instead of praying to the creator who made the moon makes sense to you?

My dog howls at the moon, is he eligible to be a wiccan?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tindalos2013

I believe that the woman in the OP would have agreed with you while she was still a Wiccan...

Cults can only succeed by using deception.

This basic principal applies to ALL cults and false religions so please don't think I'm singling out Wicca.

Notice below how two of the quotes mention that '"things are not what they seem"...

If the truth about cults were obvious, no one would ever stick around.

'I did not believe that I was worshiping Satan,' 'But now I realize I was deceived. I believe it was the spiritual deception [the devil] uses to defeat people.'

www.dailymail.co.uk... ved-Satan.html

About a year after becoming a High Priest, I was told by our initiators that Wicca was not what it seemed.

www.chick.com...

There are only two kinds of Wiccans, the "higher ups" who know that Satan is their god; and the innocent ones of lower Grade who think they’re worshipping nature deities.

www.chick.com...

Bill Schnoebelen thought Wicca was a harmless nature-worshipping religion. But once he got on the inside, he learned from 16 years of personal experience that Wicca is not what it seems!

www.chick.com...

There are many doors to Satan's kingdom. Almost none are accurately labeled: "This way to death and destruction." Wicca is one of the most deceptive entryways. Ex-Wiccan William Schnoebelen says, "Wicca is one of the more seductive deceptions that Satan has come up with."

Wicca, he soon discovered, was simply clever packaging of Satan worship. But his teachers led him down paths that only ended in deception. He later learned that these were well worn paths. His "New Age" white witchcraft was only age-old devil worship dress up in a space suit. But he discovered his "ascent" was really a "descent."

www.chick.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join