It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most homosexuality is a choice

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

You can't compare a Sexual-Orientation with Pedophilia

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Then you are saying that a man who likes the idea of having sex with children is a pedophile and therefore should be jailed for his thoughts. Ok...if you say so.

Oh you mean thoughtcrime?

Pedophilia means an attraction to children.
Homosexuality means an attraction to the same sex.
Hetrosexuality means an attraction to the opposite sex.

None involves action.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Oh...I get where you are going. I didn't "decide" to be straight. I was always interested in girls sexually, and not guys. And if by "decide" you mean took "the plunge" into a sexual relationship...that would be early High School.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Hey...look at that...you are correct! "Pedophilia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children, generally age 11 years or younger."

A psychiatric disorder.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Oh...I get where you are going. I didn't "decide" to be straight. I was always interested in girls sexually, and not guys.

Right!!! Sexual orientation is not a choice!

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
So...now that you have set me straight (no pun intended)...sexual urges to anyone other than the opposite sex is a disorder. I mean...you have to have a norm to have the abnormal.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

Hey...look at that...you are correct! "Pedophilia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children, generally age 11 years or younger."

A psychiatric disorder.

Eh? They are not thrown in jail.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Ummm...or are you implying that it is only a disorder when a man made law is made against it. In which case, if you legalized it...it would stop being a disorder?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

So...now that you have set me straight (no pun intended)...sexual urges to anyone other than the opposite sex is a disorder. I mean...you have to have a norm to have the abnormal.

You are all over the place.

At first you stated that people have no sexual orientation till they act on it.

Now you are saying that they have sexual urges to have sex with particular people which imply that they have sexual orientation.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I guess what I need you to explain to me is this. Since biologically, a man and woman were meant to be together...physically, etc. What is the difference between a gay man's urges and a pedophile's urges...other than law? Aren't they the same just pointed in a different direction? And if so...then either the peophile is NOT a disorder, or being gay is.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Slow down what exactly are you trying to say?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
a reply to: Gryphon66

Then you are saying that a man who likes the idea of having sex with children is a pedophile and therefore should be jailed for his thoughts. Ok...if you say so.

Quote me sunshine.

Nope, I didn't say anything like that. Pretty blatant dishonesty there on your part.

You're known for trotting out the old "well, if we accept gay people we might as well accept pedophiles" saw on occasion; I guess you think today is the day.

Short Version of the Argument: The obvious difference is that pedophila does not happen between two competent consenting adults.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Anymore than a man who likes the idea of having sex with an underage child isn't a pedophile until they act.

It's pedophilia prior to ever being acted upon. When acted upon it's something else. There are literally psychiatric classifications for that distinction.

in its updated Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), distinguishes between pedophiles who desire sex with children, and those who act on those desires.
link

They could be buddies, helping each other get over the weird, unnatural ideas in their heads.

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders removed homosexuality as a mental disorder many many many years ago. It's not deemed as weird or unnatural anymore by people actually trained in psychology. What's your qualifications.

link   

That if you say being gay is not a choice, then being a pedophile isn't a choice either. But the definition of pedophile is that it is disorder. So since both are not choices and therefore part of who/what the person is...is being gay a disorder also? Or is being a pedophile NOT a disorder?

link   

I guess what I need you to explain to me is this. Since biologically, a man and woman were meant to be together...physically, etc. What is the difference between a gay man's urges and a pedophile's urges...other than law? Aren't they the same just pointed in a different direction? And if so...then either the peophile is NOT a disorder, or being gay is.

First of all being a pedophile is not a crime.

Acting on it is a crime since the children can't consent according to the law. It makes children victims.

Can an adult homosexual consent? You betcha.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

But why? What is the difference if both are sexual urges that were not a choice? What would make a homosexual NOT a disorder then?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Ever find it a bit disturbing how obsessed some folks are with legalizing pedophila?

I do.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I think we are getting close. So you say they are still a pedophile even if they haven't acted...correct?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I hope that wasn't directed at me. I think that act is one of the worst in this sick world.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

And...according to the others in this conversation, a person can be a pedophile WITHOUT acting. So there wouldn't be anything to legalize anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join