It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most homosexuality is a choice

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

I think that your attitude and obvious religious bias is the sickest thing in the world.
Jesus would weep.
Also what right do you have to tell anyone how to live their lives you don't.
Christian my arse.
edit on 10-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
a reply to: Gryphon66

Then you are saying that a man who likes the idea of having sex with children is a pedophile and therefore should be jailed for his thoughts. Ok...if you say so.

Quote me sunshine.

Nope, I didn't say anything like that. Pretty blatant dishonesty there on your part.

You're known for trotting out the old "well, if we accept gay people we might as well accept pedophiles" saw on occasion; I guess you think today is the day.

Short Version of the Argument: The obvious difference is that pedophila does not happen between two competent consenting adults.

WOW...you sure missed the point. The question to which I still haven't gotten a valid answer is about what a person thinks or feels WITHOUT ACTING.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

I think that your attitude and obvious religious bias is the sickest thing in the world.
Jesus would weep.

Dude...you are always so funny. I was raised Catholic and excommunicated in my teens. I don't believe in God and really dislike religion in general. But I do support other's need for religion.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

But why? What is the difference if both are sexual urges that were not a choice? What would make a homosexual NOT a disorder then?

Both are underlying attractions. They have that in common.

It's disturbing I need to spell out the difference, but okay:

When acted upon one involves a victim. One is nonconsensual and causes devastating damage.

The other does not.

Additionally, you or I don't get to determine what's a mental disorder and what isn't. There are official bodies that determine these things. Its been determined homosexuality is not a mental disorder. Ship has sailed my friend.
edit on 10-10-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

edit on 10-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: The idiots not worth it.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I hope that wasn't directed at me. I think that act is one of the worst in this sick world.

Did I mention you? Don't paint yourself with such a wide brush.

The fact that you have brought up your (supposed) lack of understanding of the difference between molesting children and being gay once again is merely a fact. And beyond that, being obsessed with being a pedophile doesn't make you one.

Does it?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

But why? What is the difference if both are sexual urges that were not a choice? What would make a homosexual NOT a disorder then?

Both are underlying attractions. They have that in common.

It's disturbing I need to spell out the difference, but okay:

When acted upon one involves a victim. One is nonconsensual and causes devastating damage.

The other does not.

That is my point or question. If not acted upon...there is no victim. I understand...I truly do but others here say that what you think (pedophile for example) without acting still makes the person a pedophile. If they aren't a pedophile until after they act, they why is someone gay before they act?

That was the original question.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I think we are getting close. So you say they are still a pedophile even if they haven't acted...correct?

You yourself said that they are not pedophiles unless they act on it. Sexual orientation is inherent. Yes they are still pedophiles even if they haven't acted.

If they act on it that harms others then it's wrong.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Now you are just trying to be a smart ass and insulting. I'm not pretending anything. Two different sexual attractions...one is illegal one isn't. If a pedophile isn't a pedophile until after acting, then I would argue that a gay person isn't gay until after they act. If both are what they are even before they act...then being a pedophile isn't illegal...only acting upon it is illegal. So which is it? That is the question that no one here has answered.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Pot and kettle springs to mind.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

I think we are getting close. So you say they are still a pedophile even if they haven't acted...correct?

You yourself said that they are not pedophiles unless they act on it. Sexual orientation is inherent. Yes they are still pedophiles even if they haven't acted.

If they act on it that harms others then it's wrong.

Thank you! Finally an answer from someone. So...and I'm not arguing, just want to get this perfectly straight. I assume that a pedophile, just like a homosexual is born that way. That makes sense to me. What is your opinion?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Thank you! Finally an answer from someone. So...and I'm not arguing, just want to get this perfectly straight. I assume that a pedophile, just like a homosexual is born that way. That makes sense to me. What is your opinion?

I thought that I was pretty clear. Yes people are born with certain sexual orientation.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Then you are saying that a man who likes the idea of having sex with children is a pedophile and therefore should be jailed for his thoughts. Ok...if you say so.

Quote me sunshine.

Nope, I didn't say anything like that. Pretty blatant dishonesty there on your part.

You're known for trotting out the old "well, if we accept gay people we might as well accept pedophiles" saw on occasion; I guess you think today is the day.

Short Version of the Argument: The obvious difference is that pedophila does not happen between two competent consenting adults.

WOW...you sure missed the point. The question to which I still haven't gotten a valid answer is about what a person thinks or feels WITHOUT ACTING.

I didn't miss any point. You're dishonestly trying to compare pedophila and homosexuality.

You're failing.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

LOL ... you're insulted by the truth?

Why is it you never make the comparison between heterosexuality and pedophila?

Just for a change of pace.

(Again, you apparently think you're being subtle; you're not.)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

If they aren't a pedophile until after they act, they why is someone gay before they act?

They are a pedophile without acting on it with a child. It's the underlying attraction that defines it.

Just like your sexual orientation of heterosexuality is about underlying attraction.

So you're suggesting that if pedophilia 1]isn't a choice 2]ones a pedophilia without it ever being acted upon and since homosexuality 1]isn't a choice 2]ones a homosexual without it ever being acted upon then homosexuality must also be a mental disorder.

That summate your point here?

Well you missing one very obvious thing. Heterosexuality is also 1.not a choice 2. one is a heterosexual prior to ever acting upon it. Therefore heterosexuality must also be a mental disorder, right?

Again. We have trained professions, and organizations that utilize them, and they determine what is and what isn't a psychiatric disorder. I'll go with the professional consensus myself.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to at least acknowledge my questions instead of monkey-spider-boy there who simply wants to fight with people. I was under the wrong impression that being a "pedophile" was the title for the crime, not simply the disorder.

I'm still having trouble getting my head around the idea that a sexual attraction outside the "normal" is considered a disorder for one type of attraction and not another. I completely understand that one is illegal (and disgusting), but medically...psychologically...why would one be a disorder and the other not? But I'll leave that question for some other time I guess.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

You nailed that!!! But I'm not suggesting or trying to make a point of it. I just don't understand why it wouldn't be considered a disorder. I assume the reason pedophillia is a disorder is because it is not the "norm" (meaning man and woman). I would assume an attraction to horses would be a disorder also. Then why wouldn't homosexuallity be a disorder also since it is not the "norm"?

See...this isn't a game or a setup...just trying to grasp the logical difference.
edit on 10/10/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: wouldn't not would

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Do you understand what Sexual-Orientation is? i mean really, you are comparing it to Pedophilia, you are saying since Pedophilia is a "Disorder" than Homosexuality is a "Disorder"

Serious Question, do you actually Understand?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

One more thing ... your pompous arrogance is grating.
etc..

And of course, you know what I know, and what I don't. Yet, I am the arrogant one.

Amazing.

See. There's yet things to learn here, about the homosexual mind.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Because it doesn't harm anyone and despite you saying it isn't natural it is Gay animals are everywhere.
Just another varied part of the human condition.
edit on 10-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join