It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most homosexuality is a choice

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Are we insignificant or all-powerful?

Neither. It's a spirit fight. Men have nothing to do with it, really. People are just pawns on the chessboard.

/yawn

... and now you've completely lost my interest. You have no desire to address honestly the subject at hand.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Well Mr Pope of the world crackpot of Jeebus, did you CHOOSE to be boy or girl? Did you CHOOSE your hair color? DID you CHOOSE your eye color? Does one CHOOSE genetic things like heart disease?

Face it, you are basing EVERYTHING YOU SAY on convenient and comfortable opinion. Sexuality falls into the above categories. It is not CHOSEN.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
I think you are neither in your right mind, nor in a place (ATS) where you can "learn all about something."

You can learn on ATS, because this is all about "what's in the people's mind."

You have to check outside sources. You have to back up your claims with links and science.

There is a limit to what science can do. People are constantly looking for some physical evidence to explain the difference between homosexuality and heterosexuality. Some years ago, officials in Iran stripped searched a bunch of gay men, and did a body cavity search, to see if there was some extra anatomical part that might explain gay behavior. Everyone looking for physical clues, while all this is going on in the mind.

You can't just come here six weeks after joining ATS and say "I'm learning all about it right here" and expect to be taken seriously.

But I am learning right here.

I used to think that gays and lesbians were more open than heterosexuals, and that some believed it was a choice, while others believed they had no choice, that some just wanted freedom of expression to pick their orientation, while others wanted to be who they naturally are. But, now I see that there is only one opinion surviving, that there is no choice, and gays are "fixed" the way they are. Gays now believe that they have no choice, that nature has chosen for them, and they are not seeking freedom of expression, just demanding to be what nature made them. That's a completely different type of gay person than I thought existed before.

So, I have learnt.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Well...I'll say it again. Until acted upon, what you have in your mind that you want to do isn't what you are. Anymore than a man who likes the idea of having sex with an underage child isn't a pedophile until they act. They can't be put in jail and have done nothing wrong. So a man who thinks about sex with another man isn't gay until he acts upon it.

Acting upon anything IS a choice. So...in the case of the man I mentioned...until he CHOOSES to act, he is not gay any more than the pedophile is guilty of a crime.

Maybe the man who wants to have sex with a man and the man who wants to have sex with children should carpool to the psychiatrist together and get their issues addressed. They could be buddies, helping each other get over the weird, unnatural ideas in their heads.
edit on 10/10/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

You can learn on ATS, because this is all about "what's in the people's mind."

Yes, that is what ATS is all about: what is in the people's mind[s].

Doesn't mean that you can learn everything about a topic here. Doesn't mean that 'the people' know what the hell they are talking about.
It just shows you what is "in their minds." Which, often, is nonsensical and irrational, sensationalist and hysterical. You have to learn to tell the difference.

Check sources. Look up links. Fact-check claims. THAT is how you LEARN.

edit on 10/10/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

One more thing ... your pompous arrogance is grating.

You have NO IDEA what you're talking about in terms of what it means to grow up in this culture with a homosexual orientation.

You might as well be bombastically evangelizing about how it feels to be an Inuit, and how they should act differently than they do because you think it's a good idea based on your (at least, in your own mind) boundless wells of wisdom.

You're not fooling anyone. You came into the discussion with an agenda, and you've never moved off it.

But do me a favor ... stop telling gay people how they feel, what they believe, and how they are.

You quite obviously are completely ignorant in that area.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

So you fight the urge to have sex with a man often?.
Because I could never choose to have sex with a man because I'm straight and was born straight just like gay folk are born gay.
Get over yourself.

edit on 10-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
Well...I'll say it again. Until acted upon, what you have in your mind that you want to do isn't what you are. Anymore than a man who likes the idea of having sex with an underage child isn't a pedophile until they act. They can't be put in jail and have done nothing wrong. So a man who thinks about sex with another man isn't gay until he acts upon it.

Acting upon anything IS a choice. So...in the case of the man I mentioned...until he CHOOSES to act, he is not gay any more than the pedophile is guilty of a crime.

Congratulations you have won the award of a variant of Godwin's Law.

Like somebody in this thread asked, do virgins have sexual orientation or not?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

So you fight the urge to have sex with a man often?.
Because I could never choose to have sex with a man because I'm straight and was born straight just like gay folk are born gay.
Get over yourself.

Not so far at least. I'm married (to a woman) with two wonderful daughters. You?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I used to think that gays and lesbians were more open than heterosexuals, and that some believed it was a choice, while others believed they had no choice, that some just wanted freedom of expression to pick their orientation, while others wanted to be who they naturally are. But, now I see that there is only one opinion surviving, that there is no choice, and gays are "fixed" the way they are. Gays now believe that they have no choice, that nature has chosen for them, and they are not seeking freedom of expression, just demanding to be what nature made them. That's a completely different type of gay person than I thought existed before.

So, I have learnt.

Well! Bloody Congratuflippinglations!!

So, you'll can it now, about it being a "choice"?
Until you come back with sources, links, real science (as in peer-reviewed experiments), you'll not pretend to know what you are talking about?

Cool. Groovy.

Talk to you later (maybe).

link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I didn't mention Nazis.

link   

So could you get it up to have sex with a man?.
I couldn't because I'm straight and do not have any urges to do so, same with gay folk I bet I bet many couldn't go with the opposite sex because they are gay.

edit on 10-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

So your definition of sexuality and sexual orientation is limited merely to behavior, i.e. what ones does and who one does it with.

Fine.

That's NOT the accepted definition of either of those terms.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I can't imagine that I could. But since I never had such thoughts...that would make sense. I also can't like the color yellow...I prefer red. That doesn't mean there is something in my DNA that forced me to dislike yellow. I decided I like red much better.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I didn't mention Nazis.

Can't you read? I said variant of the law.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Then you are saying that a man who likes the idea of having sex with children is a pedophile and therefore should be jailed for his thoughts. Ok...if you say so.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

So at what point did you decide to be straight?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
How about a man that thinks about killing someone. Should they go to jail too?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I can't imagine that I could. But since I never had such thoughts...that would make sense.

Thank you for that honest answer. That is the same way with homosexual people. They can't imagine that they could.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

You are Born with your Sexual-Orientation... if you never 'Act' on it doesn't make it any less true. the "Sex Act" and "Sexual-Orientation" are different

new topics

top topics

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join