It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most homosexuality is a choice

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

You are saying that if they are true to themselves, they will go to hell.

Well, excuse me. Where did "hell" come from, all of a sudden?

I haven't dealt with that so far. I only mentioned Heaven and Nirvana. Check my posts.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: AMPTAH

Do you believe in "Conversion Therapy"?

Conversion Therapy done by who?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

Then I will continue to oppose this poisonous religion, and continue to be forgiven for it.

That's the general idea. Eventually, you'll get the hang of it.

But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, KJV, Luke 6:27

Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. KJV, Luke 6:28

The thing about LUST is that its the union of opposites.

LUST = LOVE + HATE

These opposites alternate, one after the other. When you love, you want to bring the other near, and when you hate, you want to push them away.

So, Lust involves the rhythm of pulling and pushing.

That's why lovers quarrel and makeup, separate and reunite, move apart and return to each others arms, it constantly involves pushing and pulling, pulling and pushing. They call it love, but it's really lust.

If you practice lust, you can't eliminate hate. It remains part of your being. You just need something to hate. Like religion.

edit on 9-10-2015 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I don't even care about that stuff about "Heaven" and "Nirvana."

I care about you saying (insisting) that homosexuality is a sin and a CHOICE. That people who are born with a homosexual orientation are somehow "sinners" and "less than."

I am a heterosexual, post-menopausal woman. I have two grown children, born of a heterosexual marriage. Both are heterosexual, so I really have no 'stake' in this debate, except that there a many millions of creeps who think they have the right to judge others who are BORN WITH a homosexual orientation.

They don't CHOOSE it. Those who "pretend" and carry on with heterosexual "pretenses" are NOT HAPPY.

You are asserting that people only CHOOSE to be homosexual. That is false.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I don't know exactly "Who" Does it, i believe it's background is Religious though. they have "Camps" and "Centers" for it

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

That's the general idea. Eventually, you'll get the hang of it.

We know what you're saying.

We just don't agree with you.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
There was an interesting article here about trans men (women becoming men) who experience a sudden attraction to men after undergoing testosterone therapy. Hormones' effects on human sexual desire has been long understood, but hormonal effect on sexual preferences seems not to be a heavily researched avenue.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

You just hate your own sexuality...

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

You do keep alluding to conversion therapy.

Did you read my link many pages back? The American Psychological Association evaluated 86 studies and found them to have no scientific merit. Their orientation's persisted. It only caused psychological harm.

You presented one instance from a religious site about someone who allegedly converted by means of Christianity.

Your belief in its effectiveness also appears to be a matter of faith, and not evidence. Like everything else you've been saying.

No solid evidence exists that such change is likely, says the resolution, adopted by a 125-to-4 vote. The association said some research suggested that efforts to produce change could be harmful, inducing depression and suicidal tendencies.
link

This so-called suppression of this therapy is actually just decent educated people realizing its both ineffectual and damaging.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I care about you saying (insisting) that homosexuality is a sin and a CHOICE. That people who are born with a homosexual orientation are somehow "sinners" and "less than."

All are born sinners. That's the theme of religion. If you throw out religion, then what is sin to you? Nothing.

Yet, you see death all around you.

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. KJV, Romans 6:23

What causes death?

I really have no 'stake' in this debate, except that there a many millions of creeps who think they have the right to judge others who are BORN WITH a homosexual orientation.

But, you are judging. You are making a judgement that people are born with it and cannot choose.

How commest thou by this judgment?

They don't CHOOSE it. Those who "pretend" and carry on with heterosexual "pretenses" are NOT HAPPY.

I don't know how you measure a persons happiness. How do you know that there are homosexuals who pretend to be heterosexual? How do you know that it's not the other way around, that all are heterosexuals with some pretending to be homosexuals?

You are asserting that people only CHOOSE to be homosexual. That is false.

Well, ok. You assert that it is false. But, have no personal experience for evidence, only hearsay.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

How commest thou by this judgment?

The mountains of evidence that is the personal testimony of millions upon millions of people.

How dost thou cometh by thine?

...oh, right. Profound spiritual understanding. *roll's eyes*

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

All are born sinners. That's the theme of religion.

Yes, that is the theme, and it is preposterous. And NO, they are NOT.

As for the rest of your asinine post/theory - doesn't even deserve a response.

edit on 10/9/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Your belief in its effectiveness also appears to be a matter of faith, and not evidence.

Belief is a powerful thing.

Altering the mind requires belief. There are other ways to alter the mind, like drugs, mantras, incantations, prayers, austerities. But at the end of the day, you still need belief to get onto any of these mind altering programs.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

That's why lovers quarrel and makeup, separate and reunite, move apart and return to each others arms, it constantly involves pushing and pulling, pulling and pushing. They call it love, but it's really lust.

I get the sneaking suspicion you went through a bad divorce and now you're very bitter about intimacy and love and are taking it out on the World instead of fixing your emotional problems.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

All are born sinners. That's the theme of religion.

Yes, and it is preposterous. And NO, they are NOT.

You obviously have some personal definition of sin.

In the bible, sin is that which causes death. In the original sin, Adam and Eve disobeyed God, and sinned, and they died a spiritual death. They walked about in the flesh, but were now disconnected from the living spirit.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

How dost thou cometh by thine?

Yeah. You'll see. You can reason it out too.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Belief is a powerful thing.

But at the end of the day

At the end of the day there is no solid evidence homosexual people can be 'converted'.

No matter of belief on your part will change that fact.

link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

You just hate your own sexuality...

I agree with this.

I know I've had this same conversation before on ATS.

link   

I get the sneaking suspicion you went through a bad divorce and now you're very bitter about intimacy and love and are taking it out on the World instead of fixing your emotional problems.

It never ceases to amaze me what comes out of other peoples minds.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

No matter of belief on your part will change that fact.

Well, that's where the misunderstanding occurs. It's not my belief that is required.

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join