It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most homosexuality is a choice

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Even the most liberal census by pro-gay groups have shown that the number of gay people is no more than 3.5% of the human population. The 2010 census numbers tell us it was 1.6%

Which are you citing? Gallup? Here is 2013 data for USA:

edit on 9-10-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

The bible, however, is logical and clear,

We clearly read a different Bible. It flies counter to so many empirical truths we now know, and is very often cryptic and vague. It doesn't scream logic and clarity to me. It's hardly lucid

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

The sexual impulse was "misdirected" into a gay or lesbian behavior, so the result was "incomplete".

Hunger still there. Want the kid. Food wasn't filling.

Oh Lordy, another crap theory based upon....

Absolutely nothing!

How come if my hunger is insatiable, I've lived with my gay partner for 10 years and counting? Sex is only a teeny tiny part of our lives. I have an addiction to ATS, I love camping and offroading in my 4wd. We have a very high maintenance cat and some budgies.I go to work, pay my taxes blah blah. Heck, we even have our own vegie garden.

But NOOO according to your theory my life is always some kind of dissatisfied hunger.

Buzzz, wrong

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

I have an addiction to ATS,:

Yes, thought is a sex act. Hence the addiction. It's also why its difficult to empty the mind of all thought in meditation.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

The bible, however, is logical and clear,

We clearly read a different Bible. It flies counter to so many empirical truths we now know, and is very often cryptic and vague. It doesn't scream logic and clarity to me. It's hardly lucid

Yes, well you can't just read the bible, you have to receive the knowledge. When you read the bible, you simply activate a memory, which then opens a door to the wisdom contained in the scriptures. The verses in the bible seem cryptic, because they are just "keys" that unlock particular "vaults" of information.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

I have an addiction to ATS,:

Yes, thought is a sex act. Hence the addiction. It's also why its difficult to empty the mind of all thought in meditation.

Good grief buddy, you're really graasping at straws now.

On which page of the bible is that little nugget contained

Oh and yeah, I didn't mention how I like to sneak into empty churches and enjoy the quietness and light the odd candle.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Yes, well you can't just read the bible, you have to receive the knowledge..

..The verses in the bible seem cryptic, because they are just "keys" that unlock particular "vaults" of information.

Please tell me! Explain it! Pray tell how I read scripture incorrectly. Please tell how to read it properly so the spirit of god enters me!

I read it all the time and I don't feel god's presence and I don't see great knowledge here.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Heck, we even have our own vegie garden.

See now I'm sexually aroused by that!

**edit: gardening is an attractive hobby.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Thought crime Oh yes I forget your version of God punishes us for thinking.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Good grief buddy, you're really graasping at straws now.
On which page of the bible is that little nugget contained

You can get an orgasm just by your own thought.

In fact, there are 9 different types of orgasms. Most Homosexuals and Heterosexuals know about just 1 type.

But there's a unique orgasm connected with each of the nine gates. This is beyond the bible. Like I said, the bible doesn't contain everything. It just contains the most relevant things people need to think about right now. You have to investigate things like Tibetan Buddhism to find out about the nine gates. When you experience one of the higher orgasms, you'll completely lose interest in the lower ones.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Exodus 20:3-5

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Sorry. If you believe that the Bible is your guidebook, it's pretty clear on seeking out any other source (like in those idolatrous Buddhist temples) of wisdom.

Aside from that ... can you tell us what your own ... unique ... view of the world has to do with anything? I think we understand that you have distinct opinions on these things, backed up by ... other opinions. I don't mean to be overly blunt, but after humpteen pages here .. "SO?"

Can you choose to be homosexual? Not behave in a homosexual way nor participate in homosexual acts, but actually BE homosexual?

That was the assertion of the OP, and that's really the only question here.
edit on 10Fri, 09 Oct 2015 10:33:10 -050015p1020151066 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Thought crime Oh yes I forget your version of God punishes us for thinking.

Yes. Old testament God lets you think but not do. New testament God demands you don't even think about it.

Buddhists solve the problem by giving up the "three vehicles"

1) body
2) speech
3) mind

Since the body gets infected with the poison of greed, the Buddhist's goal is to give up attachment to the body. Since the poison of anger infects and manifest through speech, their goal it to give up speech. And, finally, since the mind is infected with delusions, and thought is sex, they give up that last "vehicle" also. So, the objective of Buddhism, is to give up "body, speech, and mind."

Buddhists aim to go beyond God's creation, because everything that is created is part of the "samsara". Even "heaven", where the Christians go, is part of the samsara, the created world.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Can you choose to be homosexual? Not behave in a homosexual way nor participate in homosexual acts?
That's really the only question here.

Of course you can choose. Everyone can choose. However, it is difficult to choose, when you are unaware of the motives that compel you to act this or that way. This is where religion comes in. It helps to get you onto a "path of thinking" where you are then "empowered" to be able to make that choice on your own.

Human beings do, what other human beings do. They copy each other. You know the popular saying,

"Monkey see, monkey do."

We all copy other people's behavior. We wear clothes like other people, we talk like other people, we develop facial expressions like other people, and we act like other people.

The only question is, "which other people" have we decided to copy?

And "are we making our copy decision consciously, or subconsciously?"

Who is in control of our own mind?

edit on 9-10-2015 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Again, can you, yourself, choose to be homosexual?

I don't care personally about any more of your religious mumbo-jumbo ... if you wish to discuss the matter with me, then please state that you can force yourself to BE homosexual by choice, not participate in a homosexual act.

That's the only answer I'm interested in from you.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Gosh, how many times do I have to answer this question. Just read my previous post.

You do realize that today a person can even "choose" to have sex change, inject hormones, and transform their sexuality to the opposite gender?

All because we are aware of what causes the impulses for the orientation.

EVERYONE CAN CHOOSE.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Sadly, I have read your posts. When you're not invoking your unique brand of religious hocus-pocus as universal truth, you're trying to concentrate on the possibility of someone who is not homosexual participating in a homosexual act.

You believe that we are nothing more than our behavior. Bully.

That proves nothing. Until you demonstrate that you can change your sexual orientation at will, you're just making screen time.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Gosh, how many times do I have to answer this question. Just read my previous post.

You do realize that today a person can even "choose" to have sex change, inject hormones, and transform their sexuality to the opposite gender?

All because we are aware of what causes the impulses for the orientation.

EVERYONE CAN CHOOSE.

You continually display your misunderstanding.

You confuse the terms sex, gender, sexuality and sexual orientation repeatedly, and I believe, intentionally.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

You confuse the terms sex, gender, sexuality and sexual orientation repeatedly, and I believe, intentionally.

Not at all. Do you believe you have a "mind" and a "body" ?

Do you believe you can change your "mind"?

Do you believe you can change your "body"?

If you find yourself in a male body, and discover you are somehow attracted to other males, so the body type feels wrong, which would you prefer to change.

1) change your body from male to female to fit in with your current "inner feeling"

2) change your mind from "inner feeling female" to "inner feeling male"

Which would you pick?

You can do both today. Go to a medical doctor and have surgery to change the body, and take biochemicals.
Or go to a priest, and learn to change your mind, so that you can keep your body as is, and get the mind in sync.

Do you understand that you have the choice to pick either one?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Christ, man. I was referring to Christianity, not Buddhism. Buddhism doesn't invoke anti gay passages and try to use them to repress homosexuals. Your post has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. Judge not lest ye be judged. Very simple quote from your so called messiah. You are judging other people when you have no clue what the truth actually is, contradicting the foundation of your beliefs. Any religion that causes a person to judge another based on petty differences and make laws against them is poison. I don't care what difference it is. People like you would have opposed inter racial marriage back in the day. There is no justification in that.

It first started with AIDS, where gay men would spread a terrible disease among the gay community, causing many to turn away from the behavior. Then we got HPV that is spread among women, making it risky for lesbians to fulfill their lusts.

Wow, your god is a real asshole. He creates people who are gay and then punishes them for it? Straight people can't spread HIV either right? No wonder your religion has such huge history of oppression and torture.
edit on 9-10-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

Christ, man. I was referring to Christianity, not Buddhism.

The easiest way to refer to Christianity, is to say "Christianity is poison".

The word "religion" has a wider context.

So, it helps to be clear, if we'd like to avoid confusion.

One person writes, another person reads. Each only knows the content of his own mind.

Wow, your god is a real asshole.

The beauty of the Christian god, is that you can say anything you like about Him.
You are forgiven.

I don't recommend, however, you try that with some of the other religion deities out there.

new topics

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join