It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most homosexuality is a choice

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

trying to understand what you do not..

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: akushla99

What I did do, and have done, is ask the question re: choice - not choice,
Å99

And I said many times it's a choice. But, I also believe that the choice is motivated by things outside the person.
His environment. Thoughts from other people. The mental virus. Spirit influence. etc..in other-words, the choice
maybe difficult. It probably is very much like the smoker for many people. They try to quit. But, eventually go
back to the habit.

Mate, your theories get weirder and more desperate by the day.

My very own mother will tell you that she sensed that there was something 'different' about me when I was born. She is very spiritual (Christian) and she thought she had given birth to a saint lolz. Imagine her disappointment when she found out that I am gay.

There are others who can corroborate my story too with people thinking the same things about them at birth.

It's not a virus, it's not spiritual warfare on the soul by the devil. I still love Jesus and God and sneak into church to say hi when no-one is looking. It's just a thing that we are born with and have to learn to live with.

All of these insane theories only go to prove that you have no idea what it is like to be us. And good for you, but please accept that we are who we are through no choice or fault of our own and we just want to live a life free from persecution and judgement.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

You're right it's not black and white. We don't yet have a definitive answer. It could be a myriad of factors of nature and nurture. Hell, for some it could be entirely psychological. Even if that were the case it doesn't necessarily mean it's a conscious choice. You've heard of the subconscious, yes?

The only thing we do know for certain is that the vast majority of people say they have no conscious choice in the matter. We know that psychological organizations support that it's not a choice. I personally know I never chose my orientation.

Using 3-10% of the population being homosexual we get 219,000,000 -730,000,000 people. That's a lot of people. Likely more people than the entire population of the USA. It's normal, and it's not a conscious choice.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent76

read about ancient rome...

You posted it.

You provide facts.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

totally agree.. I just dont understand why their is a faction on this thread trying to brainwash our members in saying homosexuals are born that way and their is no other reason why a man or woman used free will to be gay..

link   
a reply to: markosity1973

What you don't go up in flames when you cross the threshold of the church?.

link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: AMPTAH

Mental virus? on that note I will not respond nor even read your dumbass comments again.

A mental virus is a "thought form" that is generated by one person, and captured by the mind of another person. It's charged with "emotional energy" , so it is very effective in taking hold of the subject host and disabling his own thought. People tend to think that all the thoughts appearing in their own minds are generated by their own mind. This is definitely not the case. The Brain is like a radio receiver, it picks up thoughts from other people.

When two people have been friends for a long time, they usually develop the ability to transmit and receive thoughts telepathically. One friend begins a sentence, and the other completes it. One just starts to say something, and before even a word comes out his mouth, his friend blurts out what he is about to say. So, we know they exist.

link   

I already did a few pages back..

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I don't think you read particularly well do you?.

Didn't answer my question though.
When did you choose to be straight?.
edit on 7-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

What you don't go up in flames when you cross the threshold of the church?.

Actually, I took my hardcore Atheist partner to JCHQ (aka the Vatican) a few years back and I waited with great glee to see him get struck by lightning or go up in smoke as we passed through the doors of the cathedral.

I was quite disappointed - nothing, not even a whimper

link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

You're right it's not black and white.

How many times have we said sexuality is all shades of gray.

It still doesn't change the fact our orientation is inherent.

edit on 7-10-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I see I am dealing with ignorance now...

A pity...

In my opinion your a fool to truly believe all gay people thruout history were born that way...

Good bye...

Time to soar with the eagles now... It appears I am pecking the ground with chicken here..

Gonna go hang out on a thread where I can learn something with other members.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Oh my a gay and an atheist

And God didn't smite thee down? maybe she isn't all that bad afterall

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Cya don't let your ignorance hit you on your way out eh?.
Still didn't answer my question did you.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

My very own mother will tell you that she sensed that there was something 'different' about me when I was born. She is very spiritual (Christian) and she thought she had given birth to a saint lolz. Imagine her disappointment when she found out that I am gay.

Your mother's first instinct may actually have been right. It is possible, that true gays and lesbians, not the ones that choose, were intended to be the pure seed of God. That the male would have no attraction for the female, and the female would feel no attraction for the male, so that the male and female could actually live out the holy life of celibacy on earth, and become those "men not defiled with women" and "virgins". Unfortunately, the experiment seems to have gone terribly wrong, and instead of leading the celibate lifestyle, although not seeking to fulfill lusts with the opposite sex, each gender turned on their own kind and began to lustfully devour in same-sex fashion.

So, in principle, gays and lesbians may hold the key to the ultimate salvation, but the Devil got into the act, and corrupted their minds, and now they have just sunk below the heterosexuals, according the the doctrines of the scriptures.

edit on 7-10-2015 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

In my opinion your a fool to truly believe all gay people thruout history were born that way

Not all of them. Many are born bisexual but choose to stay with one side or the other.

However, that does not mean bisexuality is a choice.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

edit on 7-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: Nope F that guy.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Oh my a gay and an atheist

And God didn't smite thee down? maybe she isn't all that bad afterall

I believe the term is a GAYtheist

link   

..a faction on this thread trying to brainwash our members..

Brainwashing sounds a bit hyperbolic.

..in saying homosexuals are born that way..

Maybe they are. I'm not certain of that. I'm just certain it's not a conscious decision people make.

link   
Nm
edit on 7-10-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join