It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most homosexuality is a choice

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
a reply to: AMPTAH

Maybe because it wasn't the critically important thing?

That was rhetorical. I already know the Bible is completely incompatible with what we now know to be truth. The Bible says Earth had fruit-bearing trees on Day 3 without a Sun or any stars in the Universe. The Bible doesn't mention much of what we now know because the human authors didn't have the knowledge then.

No, no, no. A day is not what you think. It's not solar day.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

If the day is longer, as you're implying, that just makes it more incompatible!!

All that would mean is a longer time period of Earth somehow having thriving plant life on a frozen planet void of sunshine.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

If the day is longer, as you're implying, that just makes it more incompatible!!

All that would mean is a longer time period of Earth somehow having thriving plant life on a frozen planet void of sunshine.

Next he'll say that they thrived on God's light.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

"Let there be LIGHT".

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

No, no, no. A day is not what you think. It's not solar day.

I can help with this one

Some scholars believe that Genesis 1 presents 24-hour days. Others believe that the account is figurative not only in the length of days but also the sequence of events. Some scholars take a "middle" view — that the sequence is correct, but the days are longer than 24 hours.

Source

There is the belief among some biblical scholars that they seven days of creation are not seven literal 24 hour periods. I side with them too, I believe the bible is not a literal word for word account in many cases. It is also full of parables (stories that have a moral to them)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Genesis explicitly states the Sun and all stars are made on Day 4. The kind of light plants rather enjoy.

The mentioning of 'let there be light' doesn't negate that.

It's all right there in the Bible. There is nothing to dispute. And it's completely incompatible with science.

There is nothing to discuss further regarding this. Let's get back to the thread topic.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

But, there's a big difference.

Heterosexual lust produces children.

Gay people produce children as well. Obviously they have to use alternative means, but they still use their genetics and produce babies.

Why do they want to have kids?

Because they're human beings......

There are lots of human beings who choose to not have kids.

Got another reason?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

a reply to: Teikiatsu

For the same reason anyone would.

Wow.

Wow, impressive non-answer.

What is this 'same reason' that anyone would choose to have a child?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

It's called a biological drive. An instinct. You never heard of a woman's "biological clock ticking"?
A female mammal being "in heat"?

You are trying to assert that young women of fertile age don't have an urge to procreate? They might choose "intellectually" not to do so, but that does NOT negate their instincts, hormones, and biological drive.

bah.
Your 'credibility' as a so-called "biologist" just - evaporated.

edit on 10/7/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Genesis explicitly states the Sun and all stars are made on Day 4. The kind of light plants rather enjoy.

What on earth is a "DAY" !

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

It doesn't friggin matter the length of a 'day'. It's the order of said events. One day, a thousand days. Makes no difference. We know empirically that stars existed prior to Earth. We know empirically that trees are not going to grow to maturity, blossom, and fruit, without warmth and sunshine. I wasn't bringing this up as a focus point. I'm merely saying that the Bible isn't a good source to use in support of scientific things. Using it as a basis to understand sexual orientations, when we have scientific fields with much fuller knowledge on it, is silliness.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

Don't confuse Sexual Orientation with a "Sex Act"

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Because they want to? because they want their Lineage to go on?

who knows, everyone has different reasons, by would would Same-Sex couples not want Children just because of their Orientation?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

It doesn't friggin matter the length of a 'day'.

SIX DAYS OF CREATION

Night is when you sleep, Day is when you're awake.

You're reborn on one of the Six Days of creation.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Sigh.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

You got to see his perspective. He thinks that we are the all. He kept repeating that he is I AM THAT I AM. So are you and everyone else. Infinite number of souls are on their journeys to experience things. We get to choose what we experience even before we were born to this life.

It's mysticism.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Sigh.

Did you get it? The Bible encodes more than one message in the same verses.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Do you have an independent thought? and i don't mean that in a pointed way, but it seems your views are clouded and you are blind to anything else but what you preach

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I want testimonies from straight people who chose to be gay for a day or whatever period.

Just tried, lasted a micro split nanosecond before I started thinking about *SNIP* & boobs.

These people are lost, fella.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

It's called a biological drive. An instinct. You never heard of a woman's "biological clock ticking"?
A female mammal being "in heat"?

You are trying to assert that young women of fertile age don't have an urge to procreate? They might choose "intellectually" not to do so, but that does NOT negate their instincts, hormones, and biological drive.

bah.
Your 'credibility' as a so-called "biologist" just - evaporated.

Slow down, BW. I have a point to my questions. I'm not asserting anything, but thanks for trying to put words in my mouth. Nice try at a dig on my creds, it must bug you that I have actual experience in the field of biology for you to comment about it.

Now to continue: Are you saying that people who supposedly have no interest in heterosexual intercourse have a biological imperative to procreate? That the DNA and/or hormonal pathways that compel a person to reproduce and/or raise a child co-exist in the same person who's DNA and/or hormonal pathways compel them to be sexually attracted to another person of the same gender?

How do you think that all fits together?
edit on 7-10-2015 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2015 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join