It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO nearly misses plane, incident recorded from plane 09/07/15 Netherlands

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

originally posted by: SlowNail
If that's a bird, why the silence from pilot and airline?

Because it was just a bird , what do you expect them to say ?

Mayday mayday...tower, we have just spotted a bird !!!!
tower: Roger that. Fire at will.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

What I'm saying is, because birds have that appearance when in motion, doesn't mean everything that has that appearance is a bird. It does appear to be moving forward to the plane after all at :23 sec.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Did anyone read the article?

They said the original video was around 4-5 minutes long. The passenger was recording outside the plane window for fun.. which alot of people do.

So yes the object flying forward going past the plane I think was a different part of the original clip.

Another problem I have with some of the posts in reply is that they are simply just looking at things to say it's a bird.

Such as "the angle where it's flying past the plane faster than the plane must have something to do with the angle.. because it's a bird"

You have already come to your conclusion and are trying to wrap the evidence around it.

The speed and size I think make it clearly evident it's not a bird.

There's a way better chance it's a drone or a b-2 or f-117 (even though they are retired).

It's definitely a craft of some sort.. foreign.. domestic.. or ET..

Not a bird

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
a reply to: network dude

We are seeing different videos unfortunately. Can't be reverse, different height, different trajectory....may just be we are seeing different clips somehow

link to video

This is the video I looked at in the OP. At .06 the object flies opposite of the planes flight path, appearing to come very close to the right wingtip. then the video ends at .12. All other video is slow motion of the same .12 seconds of film (as I see it).

it appears to be moving very fast but you need to factor in that the plane is moving at 200mph or better and the object is coming the opposite direction. So it will appear to be moving very much faster than it actually is.

I kind of have doubts about the noise made at the time the object comes by. it sounds like a jet engine, and it's either too small to be a jet, or too far away to be that loud. But I am not an expert, just some guy on an anonymous forum.
edit on 8-9-2015 by network dude because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2015 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox
I would say a blurred or fake. The thing I find interesting is the rod thing at the back of the wing, however 1 member pointed out it could be condensation, which is highly probable.

The whole optical illusion thing I don't buy cos based on its trajectory we would have seen in come from the back of the planes wing. However cos the clip is highly edited they may have just taken it out/started after it emerged from other side of the wing

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

The speed has already been explained and it isn't as big as you think , it passes beneath the planes wing so is closer than some seem to think.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
What me and other members are referring to is the "blurred" flying faster than the plane in the same direction. Some are saying it's an optical illusion, others won't accept it. I'm not sure you are referring to that part? When you say it's reverse it sounds like you are saying they are the same, which is where the confusion lies me tinks.

Sorry to carry it on but can you check it out on 23 seconds plz and tell me your interpretation, unless you believe it is the reverse footage you are referring to. Cheers.

edit on 8-9-2015 by rossacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

The speed has already been explained and it isn't as big as you think , it passes beneath the planes wing so is closer than some seem to think.

I'm not talking about the speed of them going in opposite directions. .

I'm talking about the speed when they are going in the same direction.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

I wouldn't expect a news bulletin. The OP said the pilot and airline "refused to comment", so clearly people were asking. If it was a bird, why not just say so?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
What me and other members are referring to is the "blurred" flying faster than the plane in the same direction. Some are saying it's an optical illusion, others won't accept it. I'm not sure you are referring to that part? When you say it's reverse it sounds like you are saying they are the same, which is where the confusion lies me tinks.

Sorry to carry it on but can you check it out on 23 seconds plz and tell me your interpretation, unless you believe it is the reverse footage you are referring to. Cheers.

I looked at that point and am not sure what to say unless it's reversed in the footage. All the real time footage shows only one instance of the object passing the plane and it does so flying against the direction of flight. I hate to keep discussing this one aspect, but with several members not seeing the same thing I see, I wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something.

I don't believe the object flew back after passing the plane the first time. I stand my original thought that all remaining footage after .12 is slow motion replay. I was wrong once, I think.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

I'm not talking about the speed of them going in opposite directions. .

I'm talking about the speed when they are going in the same direction.

That's the part I think is being played in reverse. If it were that way, there should be a real time shot of it, just like the first .12 seconds.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

Kind of funny, just checked the article. It reads

'Metro.co.uk contacted Ryanair for comment but they did respond.'

Ok, so they probably meant did not respond. But still that is not the same as refusing. If it was a bird, it poses a real risk. I bet the airport would have been notified, as it is their job to keep the birds away from the airfield.

If however it was nothing, which I am inclined to believe, what exactly would you like them to comment on? I cannot find a single thing that convinces me that this is a near strike. But there are numerous clues that make me think it was faked. From the editting, fake sounding audio an the low quality I get the sense we're being lied to. Too much of a story being told vs. events being recorded.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
They never showed the real time portion of the object and plane flying in the same direction. . Only the slow motion replay.

I think people are confused and think that the slow motion replay is a reverse of the fly by.. but its not..

It's an excerpt from the full 5 min clip that's not online.

The object passed the plane twice.. and in order to do that.. it would have to be moving incredibly fast. Faster than any bird known to man

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42
a reply to: SlowNail

Kind of funny, just checked the article. It reads

'Metro.co.uk contacted Ryanair for comment but they did respond.'

Ok, so they probably meant did not respond. But still that is not the same as refusing. If it was a bird, it poses a real risk. I bet the airport would have been notified, as it is their job to keep the birds away from the airfield.

If however it was nothing, which I am inclined to believe, what exactly would you like them to comment on? I cannot find a single thing that convinces me that this is a near strike. But there are numerous clues that make me think it was faked. From the editting, fake sounding audio an the low quality I get the sense we're being lied to. Too much of a story being told vs. events being recorded.

Bingo!

We have a winner

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I don't believe the object flew back after passing the plane the first time. I stand my original thought that all remaining footage after .12 is slow motion replay. I was wrong once, I think.

The segment from 0:12 to 0:24 shows it flying in the same general direction of the plane, then after that it shows it going in the opposite direction nearly hitting the wing. These are obviously not the same shots.

In the first segment it has a very different course and angle than it has in the segment after 0:24.

Also, nothing is being played in reverse at all.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

If however it was nothing, which I am inclined to believe, what exactly would you like them to comment on?

They could have said "there were no anamollies reported during this flight....", since people have asked them about it.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: RogueWave

See this is another thing that does not make any sense. The 0:12 - 0:24 segment actually happens before the heads on. Right when the video starts at 0:00 you can see it comming out from under the wing in the left bottom.

Why not just show the video as it happend?

As for the lack of anomalies I think Ryanair has better things to do. Made me smile though, so there is that.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

See this is another thing that does not make any sense. The 0:12 - 0:24 segment actually happens before the heads on.

Yes so? What makes you think that this is not the correct order? Or what ever you are trying to say?

Why not just show the video as it happend?

Because the vid was 4 mins long and had two different sightings in it. It was edited to show the two sightings.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

How the hell can you say it looks like a bird when there is absolutely no detail and why are people giving you stars for your comment ???

The mind boggles .

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The utter lack of observation indicated by comments like the following, unnerve me.

Looks like a bird to me.

originally posted by: onebigmonkey

The bird isn't moving fast, the plane is.

The thing is though, I'm not sure what bothers me more -- the comments themselves or all the stars of support they get from other members.

It very obviously is not a bird. Seriously? My God man... SERIOUSLY?.

Whatever it is most certainly is moving at a rate of speed significantly faster than the plane's own rate of speed.

When people lack the ability to discern the most obvious details and traits of something they see with their own eyes, it disturbs me and rattles my faith in other people.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join