It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Flight Attendant Files Complaint Because Airline Expects Her To Serve Drinks To Passengers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Beat me to it...lol

2nd

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: sn0rch

Did people vote on whether marriage includes same sex unions, or did courts decide for people and force their decisions on people?

Thought so.

Dunno, doesn't affect me.

Does it affect you?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

So they are forcing EVERYONE in America to marry gay couples? I didn't get the memo.

They are forcing everyone to accept same sex unions to be called a marriage. The people voted against it, the courts over ruled them and said too bad.

Who is right who is wrong doesn't matter. Someone dismissing their vote and telling them they have no choice in the matter is what it's mostly about in my opinion. Just like MA raged against integration, that passed, so too will this.

Who does this affect apart from same sex couples? Why should bob and barbara basic have any say in what barry and benny do?

They shouldn't. I wonder who would have stood there in seeming outrage when suddenly people were forced to accept black people drinking out of the same fountains as whites....

Would you have been? Same thing no? Someone didn't get their way when it doesn't matter to them in the first place, apart from some self assumed moral superiority complex being offended?

In what way, at all, does the action of two people who you will never meet, impact your life.....

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: sn0rch

Did people vote on whether marriage includes same sex unions, or did courts decide for people and force their decisions on people?

Thought so.

Does it affect you?

Could not care less. Of course this has nothing to do with the fact it DOES affect other people, and you know it does. Whether it should or not doesn't matter, it does. That's why there is outrage. Nothing about this story hits a note with the Muslim community, so no outrage.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Nothing about this story hits a note with the Muslim community, so no outrage.

Yep because they know to follow the laws and rules of this country.

Apparently Christians are too selective.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Who does this affect apart from same sex couples? Why should bob and barbara basic have any say in what barry and benny do?

They shouldn't. I wonder who would have stood there in seeming outrage when suddenly people were forced to accept black people drinking out of the same fountains as whites....

Would you have been? Same thing no?

Both are the result of court rulings. Both have people outraged. Liberals up north went NUTS over desegregation. I had black professors tell me they preferred the south to the north in a lot of ways.

In Boston they attacked a bus that was supposed to be carrying elementary school children, the kids were off he bus though because they were warned about the mob coming.

Right or wrong doesn't matter, when courts force things it pisses people off.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Thought so.

Does it affect you?

Could not care less. Of course this has nothing to do with the fact it DOES affect other people, and you know it does. Whether it should or not doesn't matter, it does. That's why there is outrage. Nothing about this story hits a note with the Muslim community, so no outrage.

Apart from two people who love each other and want to be recognised as a couple under law, the same as every other couple that is given this right regardless of their religious affiliation, who does this affect - who do you think this affects?

The old crotchety miserable couple who say it's offensive to them and their god?

Tough tits.. lol

I find the likes of benny hinn offensive, do I rally to get him taken off tv and shut down as a charlatan? No.. I let those feeble minded folk believe what they want, doesn't affect me.

even if their ilk have been known to knock on my door and annoy me - a lot more than any same sex couple has ever done to a religious household on a friday evening, spreading the word...

it affects no one. your outrage for those it affects, rings hollow.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Nothing about this story hits a note with the Muslim community, so no outrage.

Yep because they know to follow the laws and rules of this country.

Apparently Christians are too selective.

Apparently liberals are too. I sourced them doing far worse already when the courts ruled about desegregation. If only those liberals could follow the laws.

Or you are being obtuse, I think we will go with that.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

it affects no one. your outrage for those it affects, rings hollow.

The fact you think I am outraged shows your inability to follow along and poor comprehension. Go reread the post you replied to where I say I personally could not care less.

Stay biased.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Or you are being obtuse, I think we will go with that.

Obtuse indeed.

Apparently liberals are too. I sourced them doing far worse already when the courts ruled about desegregation. If only those liberals could follow the laws.

I am sure you can provide examples of that.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I am sure you can provide examples of that.

Already did, and sourced them.

Why can't you liberals follow the law? What is wrong with you people, attacking children, disgusting.

Southie was ground zero for anti-busing rage. Hundreds of white demonstrators — children and their parents — pelted a caravan of 20 school buses carrying students from nearly all-black Roxbury to all-white South Boston. The police wore riot gear.

“I remember riding the buses to protect the kids going up to South Boston High School,” Jean McGuire, who was a bus safety monitor, recalled recently. “And the bricks through the window. Signs hanging out those buildings, ‘Nigger Go Home.’ Pictures of monkeys. The words. The spit. People just felt it was all right to attack children.”

www.wbur.org...

Or you can stop being obtuse, stop making this about Christianity, I can stop saying it's a liberal flaw, and we can simply recognize it's human nature to rage in these cases, when courts force decisions rather than let the people get there on their own.
edit on 7-9-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Why can't you liberals follow the law? What is wrong with you people, attacking children, disgusting.

I think you are attacking the wrong people?

I get that maybe you are paranoid. I know some people here on ATS get paranoid including myself sometimes.

Don't worry the liberals are not destroying this country.

We still have the freedom.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

So in other words you ask for sources, they are provided, and you ignore them. Seems to be the norm for people around here any time facts are proven they don't like.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

stop making this about Christianity

I have stated that I would stop. I even apologized that I went off topic. I was simply making an observation because this thread was made because of Kim Davis.

But you keep on.

But yes. Here in this country Christians (not all of them before one of you bitch about it) complained about Kim Davis' right but not Muslim. This thread was made because of Kim Davis. Pure and simple.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

So in other words you ask for sources, they are provided, and you ignore them. Seems to be the norm for people around here any time facts are proven they don't like.

Sorry who are you talking to?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Christians, muslims, no difference. Fanatics and OCD.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

I don't care for Miracle Whip on my sandwiches 

I knew there was something off about you....
Now the truth comes out.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

that that is one of the tenants of Islam

How much rent do they pay...the word is tenet

Sorry, no. Find another profession if your religion means more than a paycheck.

I agree

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

No courts ruled on Law, its upto the politicians, your representatives if you want the law changed.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Funny how she doesn't mind giving out pork meals but when it comes to alcohol she pulls out the religion card. You see many Muslims selling cigarettes in their stores despite the fact that the Quran orders you to avoid intoxicants. Intoxicants aren't just drinks. If only people used their brains and stopped following these stupid mullahs, sheikhs and their silly fatwas and actually read the Quran for themselves to make their own decisions.

[Quran 5:90]" O you who have believed, indeed, intoxicants, gambling, [sacrificing on] stone alters [to other than God ], and divining arrows are but defilement from the work of Satan, so avoid it that you may be successful."

I as a Muslim will say this. If you don't like the job then GET A DIFFERENT JOB. It's that easy.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join