It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Flight Attendant Files Complaint Because Airline Expects Her To Serve Drinks To Passengers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

Oh god I have laughed hard at your post.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Did people vote on whether marriage includes same sex unions, or did courts decide for people and force their decisions on people?

Thought so.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Oh god I have laughed hard at your post.

Of course. Whether it was biased and twisting context is irrelevant due to the fact it shares your view. You are further proving everything I said true.

People do not care about bias as long as it's their bias. People do care, and get outraged, when they perceive a shared slight with a person. When they feel as though something is forced on them, they empathize and support someone who they perceive to be a victim, whether they really are or not.
edit on 7-9-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

So they are forcing EVERYONE in America to marry gay couples? I didn't get the memo.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

When they feel as though something is forced on them, they empathize and support someone who they perceive to be a victim, whether they really are or not.

As you have stated in the other post perception is what it's all about.

I think I am beginning to get your point.

Nevertheless both cases are not any different.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   

So they are forcing EVERYONE in America to marry gay couples? I didn't get the memo.

They are forcing everyone to accept same sex unions to be called a marriage. The people voted against it, the courts over ruled them and said too bad.

Who is right who is wrong doesn't matter. Someone dismissing their vote and telling them they have no choice in the matter is what it's mostly about in my opinion. Just like MA raged against integration, that passed, so too will this.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

They are forcing everyone to accept same sex unions to be called a marriage.

Nope. They are still free to not accept that.

Kim Davis is still free to not accept same sex unions to be called a marriage.
The Muslim flight attendant is still free not to serve alcohol on the job (even though she will face the consequences).

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Quite simply - do your job or resign or quit. No one is forcing you.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

The Supreme Court essentially said it was wrong to put this type of thing to a vote. Deciding who consensual adults get to marry shouldn't be up for a vote. If that was the case, then we should all get to vote on which woman YOU are allowed to marry.

We also don't get to vote on whether or not we should be able to kill another person if we don't like them. We also don't get to vote on whether we should be able to steal from another person if we want to. We also don't get to vote on whether we should be able to lynch black folks. Some things just aren't up for a vote because they involve taking away someone else's rights.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

The Supreme Court essentially said it was wrong to put this type of thing to a vote. Deciding who consensual adults get to marry shouldn't be up for a vote. If that was the case, then we should all get to vote on which woman YOU are allowed to marry.

We also don't get to vote on whether or not we should be able to kill another person if we don't like them. We also don't get to vote on whether we should be able to steal from another person if we want to. We also don't get to vote on whether we should be able to lynch black folks. Some things just aren't up for a vote because they involve taking away someone else's rights.

Your entire rant of a post has literally nothing to do with anything I have said. Rant elsewhere please.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Translation: I just lost that argument...

Do I frustrate you?

People shouldn't have a choice in whether they get to kill someone else just because they don't like them. Votes are irrelevant.

People shouldn't have a choice in whether they get to steal from someone else. Votes are irrelevant.

People shouldn't have a choice in whether slavery will be legal or not. Votes are irrelevant.

People shouldn't have a choice in whether two other people are allowed to participate in a legally recognized same sex marriage. Votes are irrelevant.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

The majority support same sex marriage and nobody has been forced to do anything. If you don't want a same sex marriage, you are quite safe.

I don't care for Miracle Whip on my sandwiches but the fact that others happen to prefer it in no way shape or form prevents me from not eating Miracle Whip. I can enjoy my mayonnaise and mustard in peace.

Well, unless my ego is such that I feel that because I like mayo then, by God, everyone else will too.

That's called tyranny.

I dunno about "the majority", maybe just the majority of people who took part in a poll...
edit on 7-9-2015 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Translation: I just lost that argument...

Do I frustrate you?

No, the translation is you posted a rant that had literally nothing to do with my posts. Stupidity usually does frustrate me, but not tonight. I also can not lose an argument that doesn't exist, it's like you replied to a post about cats eating wild birds saying nuh uh, cats like scratching posts. Your post has literally nothing to do with the topic being discussed.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

The majority support same sex marriage and nobody has been forced to do anything. If you don't want a same sex marriage, you are quite safe.

I don't care for Miracle Whip on my sandwiches but the fact that others happen to prefer it in no way shape or form prevents me from not eating Miracle Whip. I can enjoy my mayonnaise and mustard in peace.

Well, unless my ego is such that I feel that because I like mayo then, by God, everyone else will too.

That's called tyranny.

I dunno about "the majority", maybe just the majority of people who took part in a poll...

Not to say they did, but it's easy to skew polls. Calling landlines vs. cell phones will skew it.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I have no idea why anyone would claim that anyone is being forced against their religious beliefs.

You apply for a job.

You know what the job entails.

You cry and moan because it's against your religion even though you know BEFOREHAND what it entails.

You get fired, fined, suspended or jailed because of this.

People join you crying and hollering and moaning claiming religious persecution.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Not going to bother to look at the wiki but 2012 seems to have been the tipping point. Of course results will vary in different areas.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

I have no idea why anyone would claim that anyone is being forced against their religious beliefs.

You apply for a job.

You know what the job entails.

You cry and moan because it's against your religion even though you know BEFOREHAND what it entails.

You get fired, fined, suspended or jailed because of this.

People join you crying and hollering and moaning claiming religious persecution.

That applies to some of these cases, not all. The topic in the OP it does apply to.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   

It was in early 2009. But even prior to that the numbers for and against were close for quite a long time. The polls do show that acceptance within the Republican party is what changed and swayed the scale - going from 6% to 18% in a single month.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   

It was in early 2009. But even prior to that the numbers for and against were close for quite a long time. The polls do show that acceptance within the Republican party is what changed and swayed the scale - going from 6% to 18% in a single month.

IIRC 2012 is when the polls started showing a majority for on a regular basis, as you said they had been neck and neck a while though. But either way the polls show that. Votes did not match the polls though.
edit on 7-9-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join