It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Flight Attendant Files Complaint Because Airline Expects Her To Serve Drinks To Passengers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

(CNN)A Muslim flight attendant says she was suspended by ExpressJet for refusing to serve alcohol in accordance with her Islamic faith.

In a bid to get her job back, Charee Stanley filed a discrimination complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission on Tuesday for the revocation of a reasonable religious accommodation.

Flight attendant investigated for photos on tarmac

She wants to do her job without serving alcohol in accordance with her Islamic faith -- just as she was doing before her suspension, her lawyer said.

"What this case comes down to is no one should have to choose between their career and religion and it's incumbent upon employers to provide a safe environment where employees can feel they can practice their religion freely," said Lena Masri, an attorney with Michigan chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations.
edition.cnn.com...

klik for more of her lawyers stupid excuses.
I wouldn't hire people that can't do their job for whatever freaking reason, don't go into food and drinks industries which is part of the job, bending over backwards to accommodate folks religious conviction is a no no in my book, you did the interview you got your job now do it!! what if a passenger heart went out and she need to administer CPR and his or her breath reeks of alcohol ..then what?? let em die ?? call on another person to do that part...naaaw you don't get to work for me.

+26 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Every job application I've ever seen has a sentence that says something similar to "Are there any special restrictions you may have that may interfere with the performance of your duties ?".

Could someone accept a position at a strip club and then hire a lawyer to protect their job when they refuse to strip for religious reasons?
edit on 7-9-2015 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2015 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

What about the Muslim flight attendants on Qatar Airways, Garuda and Emirates that have served me alcohol on international flights in the past?

Weird, must be a personal thing, because the airlines sure enjoyed my money (I assume)

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
welcome to the age of entitlement.
Kinda like that story with the woman that doesn't want to marry gay people, already forgot her name.
I would not be surprised if she gets a pass.
I feel like i should subscribe to some religion that requires me to take 1 hour coffee breaks at work at least 3 times a day...

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
welcome to the age of entitlement.
Kinda like that story with the woman that doesn't want to marry gay people, already forgot her name.
I would not be surprised if she gets a pass.
I feel like i should subscribe to some religion that requires me to take 1 hour coffee breaks at work at least 3 times a day...

Don't need religion for that, just need to be a member of congress....sorry for thread drift op.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
In other news Muslim bartender sues after being fired for refusing to serve drinks.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
You are hired to do your job. If you can not do your job, you will be fired. Simple.

Some extra information was that she was a flight attendant Before she Converted to the Muslim religion. It almost seems like she had this planned.
And the airlines did there best to accommodate her religion.

This is just getting stupid and causing more incitement for religious hatred.

Love.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
It is a sign of our times , I guess. In recent history, I cannot see as many examples of people being so self-righteous. They blame anything and anyone for their own delusion, except themselves.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Apparently she started working for the airline three years ago, converted to Islam two years ago -- and just this year learned its prohibited by her religion to serve alcohol.

This isn't unlike the county clerk who is recently a "born again Christian" within the past 3 years, and is now refusing to allow gay people their marriages.

I am amused by this story.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

if you're referring to Kim Davis, in Kentucky, she is currently sitting in jail.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

it's incumbent upon employers to provide a safe environment where employees can feel they can practice their religion freely,

what a crap. A place of work is a place to work...not practice religion. For that...you should have stayed home and prayed 5 times a day.

I support any man's right to practice whatever he/she wants, religion wise...but leave it at home.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Well that's the difference between private and public sector jobs, isn't it? The facts are that both people are refusing to do parts of their jobs based on their religious beliefs. Both individuals have now been removed from their job because of that, and both people seem to be trying to make a statement about it.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
401 aircraft,9000 employees 32 million passengers and one dopey bitch who thinks the universe should be moulded to her whims,I hope the airline is awarded costs to defend this idiocy-your on a plane sweetheart people drink,if you dont like it LEAVE.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I think the term is "Public Accommodation".

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Where's the outrage over this? People are so angry about Kim Davis being jailed and denied religious freedom but not this.

Oh I forgot the reason. Dummy me.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Lolz, awesome, waiting for the thread that says the vegetarian waiter at a steak house is suing cause they forced him to serve meat to (in their words) "those horrible carnivores".

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   

One might wonder what type of petrol (gas or ethanol ) she puts in her car . Then this .

(Q.18) Is it permissible for a Muslim to work in places where alcoholic drinks are sold or at entertainment places, without being involved in serving alcoholic drinks or other sinful acts, such as washing dishes and preparing tables, etc.?
It is not permissible in the places where alcoholic drink is sold. Work in entertainment places is not recommended on the premise of ihtiyat luzumi (obligatory precaution)..

Quit maybe .

Perhaps one of our Muslim members can verify this .
edit on 7-9-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Where's the outrage over this? People are so angry about Kim Davis being jailed and denied religious freedom but not this.

Oh I forgot the reason. Dummy me.

If people wanted alcohol to be illegal and the court was circumventing that and forcing people to sell it you'd hear outrage.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

If people wanted alcohol to be illegal and the court was circumventing that and forcing people to sell it you'd hear outrage.

Who would want alcohol to be illegal? LOL. Prohibition didn't work.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Sounds like she could use a drink.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join