It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Flight Attendant Files Complaint Because Airline Expects Her To Serve Drinks To Passengers

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Teenagers are discriminated against too -- as they can't serve alcohol!

Teenagers are not a racial group, not a gender, not a religion, have no particular sexual orientation.

Some might say they are actually another species until the age of 25 or so but I don't hold with that notion.

Have you worked with teens? Honestly the more I work with them the more appealing "another species" sounds.

They do have cute little forebrains, don't they?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse

I feel like i should subscribe to some religion that requires me to take 1 hour coffee breaks at work at least 3 times a day...

You can join a union! That's almost like a religion - although, more like a cult or clan!

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
When I was a devout Muslim working in a Muslim community selling woman’s cloths we were selling halter dresses, skimpy attire fit for go go girls.

I went to the Sheik and questioned that and mentioned that perhaps we shouldn’t be selling these cloths.

He said basically “look bro we got to make a living."

He said sure we don’t wear the cloths( their immodest and in Islam modesty is enjoined on Muslims) and these people like and want them…no harm done.

I went with it.

Here this lady should understand even in Islam drinking is a minor sin and she is only giving it to others whose religion is NOT against drinking.

Also as my Sheik said “one has to earn a living”

Of course major sins like selling drugs, abuse of people and crime is something else.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I have a question for you how do you tell what the minor and major sins are. And how do you quantify that against the balance that your god is keeping on your soul.
edit on 7-9-2015 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Dp
edit on 7-9-2015 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar
a reply to: Night Star

And I still don't see anything wrong with making an exception in this case because frankly I don't see a problem. They are all working at a job where team effort is important. Division of labor is not a new concept. As humans we can adapt. This, as far as issues go, is a low hurdle with easy solutions.

Because in a larger scenario everyone gets to pick and choose what they won't do for a job they were hired for , and no it's not about immigration, the woman in question is an American period, as for the immigration issue I am a Lib I am for reform that make it possible for decades long families to remain in the states after complying and updating their status to become legal.
Don't work at Hooters as a waitress if you don't like flaunting your mammaries ..just saying.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

Mullinger?

I don't know what in the world that is

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

That's a good point.

When she was hired it was under the premise that she would be able to fulfill all the duties of her position. Is it reasonable that those duties should be changed because her religion did? The airline actually did make accommodations for that change, but should it be required to do so?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

a reply to: MystikMushroom

Teenagers are discriminated against too -- as they can't serve alcohol!

Teenagers are not a racial group, not a gender, not a religion, have no particular sexual orientation.

Some might say they are actually another species until the age of 25 or so but I don't hold with that notion.

Have you worked with teens? Honestly the more I work with them the more appealing "another species" sounds.

They do have cute little forebrains, don't they?

Forehead perhaps, the brain part I am still skeptical about.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I don't think it's unreasonable for her to just not handle alcohol. As far as certain quirks some people have this is considerably smaller than most. My question is she reliable at her job and does she get along with her coworkers? Does she enjoy herself at work? What is her demeanor?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Yeah. Also important.
Since another flight attendant started the ruckus, maybe not. Like I said, all we actually know is what her lawyer has said.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

My question is she reliable at her job

No, she cannot be trusted to do her job properly.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Good question

Major sins to my reason are related to any direct or even degrees of indirect harm done to another or even oneself

Getting high or drunk, in my opinion is potentially harmful but within the realm of acceptable behavior even though such acts can lead to problems as we know. So just having a drink without getting drunk is according to many a minor sin.

Even God in the Quran mentions that gambling and drink have benefits to humans but overall their more harmful than helpful therefore they are prohibited.

But prohibited to Muslims not others

I am totally against making people obey ones religion such as that crazy woman in Kentucky

Believers shouldn't impose their religion on others

Now if they wanted the woman to commit murder, abuse a child or curse God or some outrages stuff then Ma Salam

Out of here

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Having read the article there are many things that were stated and a good chance she will not get her job back for the following reasons:

1) She was working for the airline long before she became a follower of Islam. So in that instance, she knew the aspects of the job and what all was required for her to do such.

2) It also sounds like initially some of the flight attendants were willing to help her out and giver her some accommodation, however, if one reads, that quickly changed, and there is a good chance that she was demanding more than they were willing to provide and do. It was in short a burden on the other flight attendants and she was creating a hostile work environment.

3) Chances are there is more than one write up and documentation not mentioned in the article. If they are following the laws, and all of the HR stuff, she was given several chances and then after it became apparent she was not willing to change or try to work within the system, the company then chose to revoke something that they are under no obligation to provide and she bulked and they suspended her without pay.

This is a court case to follow, chances are she may lose the case fully and ultimately lose big time. If she wins it will set a very dangerous legal precedent.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Simply because it probably can't always happen. People get sick, it gets really busy, short handed, etc.

That is true. And imagine that every flight attendant on a plane is Muslim.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
They can't handle alcohol or any food from a pig. Passengers also eat. So now we have two things the flight attendant can't handle adding even more to the duties of others. And if more than one is Muslim then that is even more the others have to accommodate for. She should have known that a job change would probably be best once she converted to being a Muslim. She knew what her duties entailed and knew she would no longer be able to perform them.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

a reply to: Phage

I don't really understand why everybody just seems to want to cut her throat on this issue. It's really not that big a deal someone else can do the alcohol. Only a small part of the job and I wouldn't say it's the defining feature of a God dang flight attendant.

My guess is just a chance for people on ATS to condemn those beneath them.

Excuse me, but where did anyone ever say they felt the woman was beneath them?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I'm gonna come out and say it. The people on this site are using this as a chance to whine about immigrants. It's a pathetic argument. This is just the same as that trans persons immigrant thread. All just stupid noise at this point.

Um, no we're not. We are discussing the issue at hand. Just because some people don't agree with you doesn't mean they are looking to whine about immigrants.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Muslim Flight Attendant Files Complaint Because Airline Expects Her To Serve Drinks To Passengers

And a county clerk got thrown in jail because she wouldn't violate hers.

And some people didn't like it.

Pretty consistent.

Make an exception for the flight attendant. Have to make one for the county clerk.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Make an exception for the flight attendant. Have to make one for the county clerk.

As far as I can tell, no exception has been made for the flight attendant. Of course, she was not elected to do a job.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join