It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News: Transgender girl drops class after 200 protest for and against her.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

I've heard no reason given for not changing in the boys' locker room besides "I'm a girl now."

Perry said she has identified as a female since she was 13.

She Said She Came Out as Female Because She Was Tired of Hiding Her True Self

“I’m not going to hurt their daughters. I’m not going to expose myself. I’m not a pervert; I’m a transgender woman; I’m a girl,” Perry told Fox 2 Now. “I’m just in there to change, do my business, and that if they have any questions about being transgender, they are more than welcome to talk to me, and I’ll be happy to explain it.”

As for violence:

Perry said she has been bullied and attacked on social media, and fears violence if she used the boys bathroom or locker room.

Linky

Take them for what they're worth.

edit on 9/2/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: new_here

Well maybe we will find out more soon. We don't really know the full story.

I understand both sides, I really do. That's why I offered a solution what I thought was the best for both sides.

But, I think your solution is already there.

Pretty sure there are private stalls in the girls locker room.

The last thing IMO a transgender wants to do is expose themselves.

They are probably in more danger of some spoiled brat trying to get a good look for kicks.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

They are probably in more danger of some spoiled brat trying to get a good look for kicks.

Yeah like those guys in the movie Porky's.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Yeah like those guys in the movie Porky's.

LOL, I hate Stupid - - - but I love that movie.

Funniest movie ever.
edit on 2-9-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Im curious of the opinions of those supporting this person being able to use the girls locker room. What if they decided to join a girls sports team? What would you say about that?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

What if they decided to join a girls sports team? What would you say about that?

I wouldn't care and I don't think the girls would mind either.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

That would create an unfair advantage due to being born male. That is okay?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

That would create an unfair advantage due to being born male. That is okay?

Have you seen the picture of Lila? LOL

Anyway it depends I guess. A lot of transgender teenagers are on puberty blockers so that would make them weaker anyway. Heck some girls are stronger than some boys. Who knows. I guess it's up to the girls.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

You don't just join a sports team just because. Well, technically you can try out, but sports teams will always take the best athletes, and in a limited number. A biologically born male will have a natural advantage in sports. Let's use the NBA and WNBA as example. There is no doubt who would win a game between the two. Lila has that natural advantage. How would that in any way be fair?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
soon we will have to allow our sociopathic children the right to cut heads off of stray animals so they don't feel bad for being different.

and i just saw a pic of "lila" looks like a pledge for a frat getting hazed. straight up bro with long hair and a hair clip.
edit on 3-9-2015 by DrakeINFERNO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DrakeINFERNO

So you want people to feel bad If they are different? I don't get your analogy...

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

no, i dont think mental disorders should be treated with giving into the disorder.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Well I have no idea. But like I said if they have been receiving hormone therapy for years then they would be about the same in strength as the girls.

I guess I will just let others answer you. I am especially interested in the opinions of those who oppose the use of girls locker room though.

I googled some information:

Transgender man joins mens team.
www.advocate.com...
Here's the relevant quote from that article:

The growing consensus among medical professionals is that after a certain time spent on clinical treatment, transgender athletes have hormonal levels largely similar to cisgender (nontrans) competitors, offering them no substantial "advantage" in their chosen sport.

----
www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.theguardian.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   

So they have booths? or stalls? then what is the problem? good God some of you USAers really have a stick up your bum.
It is 2015 the human body is not disgusting stop being prudes you backward thinking people.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Good job it isn't a mental disorder then isn't it....

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

soon we will have to allow our sociopathic children the right to cut heads off of stray animals so they don't feel bad for being different.

*scratches head* How is that comparable?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

i guess i have to say it like im talking to someone for the first time ever.

transgenderism is a mental disorder. it is wrong to treat a mental disorder by giving into the disorder. much like it is bad to give an alcoholic alcohol. in my reference above i ironically said we should allow children to cut off heads of stray animals that are violent sociopaths as that is a common trend found among violent sociopaths, another mental disorder. this is obviously something a rational person wouldn't do because it is unhealthy for the individual, the society and in this case stray animals. this then goes back around to me emphasizing we should not treat mental disorders with the disorder itself.

i hope that is clear.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

So you think we should not let them get help to change their sex? you want people to suffer in their own bodies?.
Great attitude you have...not.
As someone who cares for people you have a disgusting attitude towards your fellow man.
Glad your lot are in the minority in civilized society.
edit on 3-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

i hope that is clear.

It is clear that you have no clue what you are saying and make terrible analogies.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

no i want them to learn to be happy with the body they have. i love you yuppy pc busy bodies get all hissy and put words in peoples mouths to fuel your own rage.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join