It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News: Transgender girl drops class after 200 protest for and against her.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: DrakeINFERNO

Good job it isn't a mental disorder then isn't it....

Dude grows up in a male body. Dude has all the male equipment. After 13 years in this body, dude suddenly thinks he's not a dude and is in the wrong body.

Sounds like the dude is denying reality.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Dude grows up in a male body. Dude has all the male equipment. After 13 years in this body, dude suddenly thinks he's not a dude and is in the wrong body.

Don't know about Lila. We don't have all the information.

However, transgenderism is a real phenomenon. Some children as young as maybe 3 to 6 have identified themselves as the opposite sex.

edit on 9/3/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Mentally ill boy drops class*

Fixed it for ya.

Transgenderism is a mental disorder, cut and dry.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
"People should not be forced to drop out of school or jeopardize their education and future because of how they were born. " What science are you using to say "how they were born"? Is that your belief, that you are putting your faith in? If so, why are you pushing your religion on everyone?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

That's the rub, you cannot identify with something your not or never were. You cannot identify with being 10 years older, because you don't know what that feels like. You can identify with being 10 years younger.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: thinline

I understand what you are saying. You think the brain or soul or whatever learns that it is the gender it's body was born with. Curious about your thoughts about hermaphrodites.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

a reply to: yourignoranceisbliss

Just wow.

I weep for humanity sometimes with people like this poster about.
Oh and you live up to your username.

Hey, dig your head in the sand all you like, and keep pretending that your political correctness is going to earn you brownie badges. Our world was not built upon the delusions of the few, but the needs of the many. You do Humanity a disservice by pretending that cultural freedom and cohesion is somehow magically dependent upon indulging the whims of the clinically insane.

You think I'm what's wrong with Humanity? You and your ridiculous PC platitudes are what defines the word 'degeneracy', because you are blatantly ignoring what is currently ailing society today, and as you turn your nose up at the majority to appease the minority, you discard all the hard work and perseverance and actual 'progress' that got you and your PC crowd the very freedoms you abuse and exploit to the gain of a ridiculously tiny fraction of people.

You should be ashamed of yourself, but that actually requires presence of mind and a selfless respect for everyone else, something your crowd completely lacks.
edit on 3-9-2015 by yourignoranceisbliss because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2015 by yourignoranceisbliss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
She may have not chosen the lifestyle (something still VERY much debatable),

Not in science. That debate was over about 15 years ago.

The only debate is among people ignorant of the science or that fact.
edit on 3-9-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: Reallyfolks

I'm seeing a transgender girl.

YOU are seeing genitalia.

THIS.

And...

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: Domo1

I did think it was BS, until I began to get to know her. I actually developed a friendship and now I don't mind it.

That's the thing people, perhaps if those that are uncomfortable got to know the transgendered person, they might find that they were making a big deal about it in their mind. Maybe they'd come to discover that this person really is, for all intents and purposes, a "woman".

Exactly.

That is what had to happen when the parents of a girl objected to me being allowed by the school to use the girls bathroom. The principal set up a meeting between her parents and my parents and me.

Once it was over they realized I was not that different from their own daughter and that I was certainly NOT going to be doing anything to draw attention to my difference or expose that thing to her.

I've only gotten to page 13 of this thread but so far all I see a lot of people focusing on girls being uncomfortable seeing a penis but not one person so far thought that a transgender girl HERSELF is uncomfortable seeing a penis ON HER as part of her body so she isn't going be flaunting it or showing it around other girls or anyone else for that matter if she truly is trans.

Having that thing is as alien as having a tail and you want to do everything you can to not see it YOURSELF much less have ANYONE else seeing it.

Ignorance and lack of information breeds fear and uncertainty.

THIS x1000

There has been a lot of ignorance in this thread, so much so that I really question the company I keep hanging out here.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Annee

The only people holding these high school kids hostage to past ideas is their parents.

You really think that all the people that have a problem with this are just taking umbrage at the behest of their parents? The transgender OP said they would be uncomfortable changing in a locker room with a transgender person that hasn't had surgery... She's pretty freaking young too...

I need to correct you. I said I would be uncomfortable changing in a locker room with a transgender woman who was not discreet about having a penis. Neither I nor any other woman should have to see that thing in a woman's changing room but if the transgender woman took certain steps with great care for the feelings of other women in a womans space (which I'd expect her to do if she was truly trans) then no woman would have to see her penis to begin with.

It should also be noted that the parents of that girl who initially had a problem with me being allowed to use the girl's bathroom did a lot to make that girl more uncomfortable with the idea than she was initially. I saw the change in her over time so Annee at least is right in the case from my personal history.

That girl had very little problem with me until they kept calling me a boy and asking if "she felt weird having a boy use the girls bathroom".

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

a reply to: DrakeINFERNO

Good job it isn't a mental disorder then isn't it....

Sounds like the dude is denying reality.

No but you are. The reality is some girls grow up in male bodies before they can change them. You know... unless they kill themselves.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
"People should not be forced to drop out of school or jeopardize their education and future because of how they were born. " What science are you using to say "how they were born"? Is that your belief, that you are putting your faith in? If so, why are you pushing your religion on everyone?

Its not a religion. There are BIOLOGICAL differences in the brain development IN UTERO between transgender girls and males. THE SAME biological differences between any other girl and males.

This was well established like 10-15 years ago.

And I think back in 2008 they found evidence for there being a genetic difference between transgender women and males. There is an ATS member named Bayne who can tell you more about that.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Annee correctly said:

A transgender male to female - - is a female. Her brain knows she's female. This countries already done "Separate but Equal".

To which this fairly ignorant person responded....

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

That great, it is equal treatment. Everyone with a penis goes to the boys locker room. Everyone without a penis goes to the girls locker room. You can't get much more fair

And....

This is about sexual anatomy and some people simply not comfortable is that area being with those that have opposite tools. The fair way to deal with that is penis owners here, vagina holders here. It's fair and about the fairest you can get.

I started to write a lengthy response to both but I've got to get going to class in a little bit and you know the old saying, "A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words"?

Let this photo show you the absurdity of the above statements by "Reallyfolks"

That photo is me.

16 year old me exhausted and asleep after a very busy day and my 16th birthday party after everyone went home. My big sister snapped it.

What you don't see there and what I always took great care to hide from myself and everyone else is that I still had a penis when that was taken.

It would be another year before I had sex reassignment surgery.

Now, think about just how wise the 'conventional wisdom' of the ignorant statements quoted above would be for me to be forced to be in the BOYS bathroom and facilities in high school with 16 year old boys just because i still had a penis....

I have to go but I will -try- to get through the rest of this thread this evening. I've just been very busy and I really was not expecting it to explode as it has so please accept my apology for not being able to respond until now.

It has been an emotionally taxing thing to read through because it takes me right back to some of the things I faced.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

It has been an emotionally taxing thing to read through because it takes me right back to some of the things I faced.

I think you should give this topic a break for a while, seriously maybe it isn't healthy to continue,

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

I think you should give this topic a break for a while, seriously maybe it isn't healthy to continue,

I'm ok if it's in small bites and it goes away once I log out and go about the day but thank you for caring about me. ♥

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
i'm all about being who you really feel you are i don't have a problem with trans gendered people at all, but i don't fully buy this kids story. to me it sounds like he's either doing this to peep on some girls or else ride wave of the recent trans movement all the way to the bank . i mean like i said in my other comment the kid didn't even bother to tuck his dingus back in that skirt that everyone could see it. now if it was me and i made a big stink about being a male but identifying as a female i sure as hell would tuck it back. i mean doesn't that just make sense??

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Looks like Transgendered folk still have an uphill battle to be accepted for who they are Jade.
I and others stand with you.
In years to come it will be a none issue I hope.
Some have empathy for others some don't.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar
Annee correctly said:

A transgender male to female - - is a female. Her brain knows she's female. This countries already done "Separate but Equal".

To which this fairly ignorant person responded....

That great, it is equal treatment. Everyone with a penis goes to the boys locker room. Everyone without a penis goes to the girls locker room. You can't get much more fair

And....

This is about sexual anatomy and some people simply not comfortable is that area being with those that have opposite tools. The fair way to deal with that is penis owners here, vagina holders here. It's fair and about the fairest you can get.

I started to write a lengthy response to both but I've got to get going to class in a little bit and you know the old saying, "A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words"?

Let this photo show you the absurdity of the above statements by "Reallyfolks"

That photo is me.

16 year old me exhausted and asleep after a very busy day and my 16th birthday party after everyone went home. My big sister snapped it.

What you don't see there and what I always took great care to hide from myself and everyone else is that I still had a penis when that was taken.

It would be another year before I had sex reassignment surgery.

Now, think the about just how wise the 'conventional wisdom' of the ignorant statements quoted above would be for me to be forced to be in the BOYS bathroom and facilities in high school with 16 year old boys just because i still had a penis....

I have to go but I will -try- to get through the rest of this thread this evening. I've just been very busy and I really was not expecting it to explode as it has so please accept my apology for not being able to respond until now.

Honestly, I do not believe that is you asleep. Looks like a pose for a picture to me.

But that's irrelevant.

The fact of the matter is, until sexual reassignment surgery is complete, you use the facilities your sexual organs dictate.

If you choose to dress as a woman, and get freaked out going to the boys/mens room, well too bad.

Minor children in school are not adults. Their parents have the say so in what they do or do not get exposed to. Not to mention, the kids in the school do not want to be exposed to it. But if the parents don't want it, and the kids don't want it, then YOU have no right to FORCE them to.

Maybe there should be a separate school for kids in that situation. One where they are free to use the facilities they feel comfortable with.

You may feel that you were born that way, but you cannot make others feel the same. In the end, when you get up and dress like a girl, you made that choice. Gender identity in no way dictates the type of clothing you wear. Otherwise, why is Target stores removing gender identifying signage?

I am not unsympathetic to your plight, but again, you cannot force the rest of the world to comply to YOUR feelings.

You should have respect for other's feelings, just like you want them to respect yours.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Yeah, you know reading this stuff has really trashed my opinion of this place that I used to think was a little more open minded and at least willing to try to deny ignorance, not spread and vehemently defend it. I'd also be curious to know if any of these keyboard warriors would have even half the balls to say some of this stuff to my or Jade's face? Doubt it.

I started living life as a girl when I was 18 which wasn't massively different from what I was before. In the 42 years since then, I have NEVER faced or heard the kind of prejudice, disrespect, attitudes and hurtful and hateful words as the things I've read here the last few days. Grade school and high school? Yeah, I took plenty of abuse then and I attribute some of the posters here as having never advanced or matured mentally and intellectually beyond that level.

It is sad and I am sad for them for being locked in a world they struggle to keep up with and understand. This stuff is pretty sickening to read but the people posting it are the ones with the problems and "mental illness", not me. They're a blight on society and to the "enlightened" culture here at ATS.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Sadly, when people don't understand something they get angry, scared, defensive -- pretty much all the worst parts of humanity come out.

Instead of talking and getting to know these people as actual human beings, they just sit on their high horses and make assumptions.

People miss out on a huge chunk of what it means to be human when the close themselves off, judging people before getting to know them.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join