It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News: Transgender girl drops class after 200 protest for and against her.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
And here's your Tyler Holder.

But, let's blame it on Transgenders.

What do you do with a problem like Tyler Holder?

July 26, 2013

Neighbors in Saginaw were notably unsurprised when the accused rapist and killer of a six-year-old girl turned out to be 17-year-old Tyler Holder.

As the moldy cliche goes, “all the warning signs were there.” Holder was a “troublemaker,” a vandal, a scary kid who talked big about about violence and drugs, “seemed off,” threatened younger children. He was the neighborhood creep.

Holder was shot in the head this week by police who returned fire after he shot and wounded a police officer, one of a task force attempting to arrest the teen on a capital murder warrant for 6-year-old Alanna Gallagher’s savage killing. His condition has been upgraded from critical to serious, so there’s a good chance he will survive to stand trial.

The facts of his background were not promising. According to this story in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, relatives say Holder was born to a teen mother and that his father was unaware of the child’s existence until a few years ago. As a young child, Holder was medicated for hyperactivity; he has not seen his extended family since he was six, when his mother was estranged from her own parents following a quarrel. Neighbors say the boy was frequently unsupervised while his mother was out working.

Taken together with neighbors’ stories about the boy’s propensity for criminal behavior, the question is bound to occur: Why didn’t anybody do anything? Our own editorial suggests a failure by family, neighbors and schools to identify and intervene with this kid, that we should better be able to recognize the signs of mental illness, should be able to prevent tragedies like Alanna’s murder. crimeblog.dallasnews.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Dude is a boy. Treat him like a boy.

Why are we letting people designate their gender by feeling, instead of science?

I wonder how many people who support this guy because of how he feels dismiss religious folks because of how they feel?

Genetically and anatomically he is a male. Hormonally he developed as a male.

God forbid if he were to die tomorrow, but if he were dug up 100 years from now for a scientist to examine, they'd say he's a male based on bone structure and DNA testing.

Dude is a boy.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yeah, he also claimed to be transgender... you want that kind of person stalking a girls locker room unchallenged?

If so, you are crazy or don't give a damn about the safety of women and children.

Regardless, the FACT is Convicted Sex Offenders and Convicted Pedophiles are claiming "Transgender" status.

Enough said.
edit on 2-9-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Annee

Boy Scout leaders, Priests, school teachers.

If there have been cross-dressing Pedophiles - - - they're in the minority.

These make the news... but Annee your proving his point...

Pedophiles assume roles that will get them near their victims.

Not really. Read the description of a pedophile.

Attraction to high school teens is ephebophilia

Kids in high school with Gender Dysphoria will have a history. Some guy is not going to walk into the principles office and say: "I'm a girl now".

I find it interesting nothing has been mentioned of Lila's parents.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Yeah, he also claimed to be transgender... you want that kind of person stalking a girls locker room unchallenged?

If so, you are crazy or don't give a damn about the safety of women and children.

Regardless, the FACT is Convicted Sex Offenders and Convicted Pedophiles are claiming "Transgender" status.

Enough said.

I don't live in "Paranoia Land".

If I did I'd put my daughter in an all girls school. Oh, but wait! Don't read any blogs from what goes on there.

The last person I'd be worried about is a Transgender m/f.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Why are we letting people designate their gender by feeling, instead of science?

You really need to educate yourself.

Why do people come into these threads that have zero knowledge of the subject?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Why do you take so much offence when people are trying to learn, or when their opinion does not mach yours?

Not everyone is the self proclaimed expert of the Transgender Community, thought's feelings.

Annee You need to remember not everyone has the same thoughts as you.

Not everyone is politicaly correct with their language either, it's not like there was
a language guide mailed to all homes about what can be said what can't be said.

What that person who posted that got that reply was probably trying to say is

"The person who this article is about was given a room to change in, and considering the person did not want to do that and wanted to change in the room Female / Girls Locker room yet many people complained. The person still had male bits and it made the females changing with the person with male bits feel uneasy. Either go back to changing in the room given or don't take the class."

----

I think this issue is a problem yes, But no matter what I say or how I feel it wouldn't matter.
All I can do is hope that they come to a conclusion, and I hope that person has a good life after highschool.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Call a spade a spade.

It's cross-dresser.

'post-op male' would properly be termed - eunuch.

Clear agenda to twist words.

'Transgender' implies you have the ability to change sex organs at will.

Zeitgeist double-speak be damned!

Here's a question: If I claim to be The King of the Scots, does that mean you have to accommodate me, and give me a #%&#$ crown?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

What do I need to know? Gender is biological, not emotional.

I still need a self-proclaimed transgender to actually tell me how they know what it means to be the opposite gender.

All I ever get for a response is either psycho-babble or generic self image hate.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

What do I need to know? Gender is biological,

You are correct.

That which includes the brain.
edit on 2-9-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvilBat

"The person who this article is about was given a room to change in, . . .

Where exactly was that room?

I know one school made a gender neutral bathroom in the teachers lounge.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

What do I need to know? Gender is biological,

You are correct.

That which includes the brain.

And like I said, an attempt at psycho-babble response.

So tell me, how does a brain know it is male or female?

If you are going to say 'hormones' then tell me how the brain gets one cocktail of hormones while the body gets another set.
edit on 2-9-2015 by Teikiatsu because: hormones

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

Rape victim who may not feel comfortable around physical males? Girls you aren't comfortable about body maturity level and physical male makes them uncomfortable. Has nothing to do with attracting transgendrrs, straw man argument designed to try and dismiss what are real concerns and uncomfortable situations. And the problem with the own facility is what? Avoid the bullying, avoid girls who have an issue with physicals males in the locker room. This is a wrong compromise why?

There is no use. Most people who don't see a problem will not budge. There is nothing wrong with being transgender, but there is also nothing wrong with girls not wanting a transgerder still with a penis in their locker room/showers. It's that simple.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I have no knowledge of that schools layout
so any answer I give is a wrong to a loaded question.

She initially used a gender-neutral faculty restroom, but when Perry added P.E. to her schedule, she decided to begin changing in the girls’ locker room.

Link

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

What do I need to know? Gender is biological, not emotional.

I still need a self-proclaimed transgender to actually tell me how they know what it means to be the opposite gender.

All I ever get for a response is either psycho-babble or generic self image hate.

You are correct, it's not emotional. But gender is not purely physical. "Biological" includes psychological and your brain is your body's largest sex organ. The prevailing theory is the one where it has to do when you are in the womb and the initial exposures of hormones are not consistent (super simplified but you can look it pretty easily).

I mention that to make you understand that your feelings of being your gender aren't as unified as you think. Growing up, I was a woman in my dreams, my "head" voice was my woman's voice, and I would actually expect to feel a vagina when feeling down there after waking up. The first half-second of every day was my favorite part of the day because of this. When puberty hit, everything was wrong and I couldn't stop it. Everything I did for years was orchestrated to "blend in" and act like a man. Nothing about living as a man came natural to me.

So to answer "what does it feel like to be a particular gender", it would be easier to explain what it feels like to be the wrong gendered body. Feels like death. Every day is a feat of denial, suppression, and fighting off suicidal contemplation. Sometimes the only way to bury it is to drink, drink, drink, until you feel confident you might never wake up. If transition did not alleviate these symptoms in most of us, there would be some more doubt but the fact that dysphoria vanishes with it is enough to convince medical science that transition is the only cure for the truly dysphoric person.

There are also studies that have found these gender markers in transgender people that line up with the gender they always insisted they were. These are discovered postmortem and occurs in those that transitioned and those that never did (often suicide).

The point is that there is evidence pointing to a physiological condition whether it is a transkid who lucks out with a support structure to accommodate a transition (thus avoiding ever experiencing any actual dysphoria) or if it is an adult who has survived dysphoria and does it as a last resort before death.

It's not an "emotional" issue and never has been. No gender therapist would even entertain the idea.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

If you are going to say 'hormones' then tell me how the brain gets one cocktail of hormones while the body gets another set.

Prenatal androgen exposure. Easy to look up. There is a version for mtf and ftm.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
More psycho-babble. More studies. More descriptions of feeling wrong.

That's not what I am asking.

How do you know what it means to be the wrong gender? What is your point of reference?

I am not saying that people who call themselves transgender do not have image issues. But that is nothing new. Lots of people have image issues. But if it is an image issue that carries with you daily, that's what we call 'pathological' and is called a mental disorder by many people. Same with people who need to cover themselves in tattoos, massive body piercings, extensive plastic surgery, anorexia, etc.

And here we have an example of a boy who thinks he is a girl, seeing no problem with walking into a girl's locker room. He thinks any reaction is the girl's problem, not his. Sorry, this is not normal.

You can say it's due to abnormal hormonal exposure in the womb. That just makes the resulting consequence likewise an abnormality. That does not invalidate the person as a human being, but it does validate their 'feelings' as normal.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

When a person equates anything more complex than high school science as "psycho-babble", the conversation is probably over.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu
We don't need to defend # just because you cant open your mind and feel the magic Nor should we have to justify our feelings And the ignorant ones who come and have no intention of seeing From someone else's point of view can p!ss off.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I understand the debate that is going on here, but I don't think many people understand that the group of individuals that this is directly affecting aren't at the maturity level to understand or deal with the situation at hand, so forcing it upon them is just wrong.
edit on 2-9-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join